Possible Imagination Overhaul | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Possible Imagination Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's because I hate what EPCOT has become, and putting Inside Out there would put it further down the path of being a terrible theme park
Could not agree more. This belong at Pixar Place in DHS, perhaps for the merely fact that it is a Pixar Movie. Immagination needs to be completely redone and hopefully they will try to at least meet halfway to UOR's technology, after all it is "Future" World, right? And about that cool, purple dragon called Figment!? Well, since he is the one and only icon in Epcot before all the other folks, "including Mr Mouse" were brought into the park (most likely another money decision), I strongly feel Figment most stay... He just needs a bit of technology, so he can blow our minds with his Immagination.

Could not agree more. This belong at Pixar Place in DHS, perhaps for the merely fact that it is a Pixar Movie. Immagination needs to be completely redone and hopefully they will try to at least meet halfway to UOR's technology, after all it is "Future" World, right? And about that cool, purple dragon called Figment!? Well, since he is the one and only icon in Epcot before all the other folks, "including Mr Mouse" were brought into the park (most likely another money decision), I strongly feel Figment most stay... He just needs a bit of technology, so he can blow our minds with his Immagination.

I'll be the first to agree Epcot is a shell of itself. Maybe Inside Out could also work in DHS too. Just seems out of all the IP's Disney would ever think about using for Epcot for its "edutainment", this just makes sense.

DHS Pixar Place would make sense if indeed there was one place for Pixar to be, but that isn't the case. Toy Story at MK, Toy Story at DHS, Nemo at Epcot, Up at AK.

It still baffles me that the park with arguably the best dark rides of all time, an amazing concept, a wonderful mascot, and all that it had going for it has been so abused... Its like they are purposely making it worse. Inside Out could help bring a little love to Future World and putting it in WoL just sounds simple to me.

Inside out belongs at Epcot. DHS already has a lot of big changes coming it's way in about 5 years. While all Epcot is getting for the next 5+ years is Frozen and a third Soarin Theater... Imagination is the best place for Inside Out for 2 reasons: 1. WOL is never going to be used for attractions again under the current management because it's being used as their festival pavilion. 2. The film almost entirely takes place in the mind and imagination of Riley (an 11 year old girl). In fact some of the main areas they go through are called "Imagination Land", "Abstract Thought", and "Dream Productions". Inside out does not deal with running the body, or heath, in fact I think Big Hero 6's Baymax would be a better fit for WOL than Inside Out. I'm not saying they kick out Figment or Dreamfinder but the Imagination pavilion needs a major overhaul (hell just about every pavilion in Future World needs one). The point is this movie fits with EPCOT Center's original goals and would fit nicely into Journey Into Imagination (seeing as you literally do that in the movie). It may be easy to make a Cranium Command edit with Inside out, but that's lazy and overall expected at this point. I'd rather see the world of the movie fleshed out than just watching Riley's world on screens, something that can wow people again instead of just Monsters Inc Laugh Floor part 2.

I haven't seen the movie yet, looking forward... although I'm getting the "It was an ok movie" from people, so it is a surprise to me to found out in here that somehow this movie seems to be a massive blockbuster. When it comes to WOL, I have no idea why people keep saying the movie has nothing to do with health... Bottom line is WOL is an abandoned attraction building with not use at all (btw, Fetival Pavilion? Odyssey and Camping Tent behind UK... now you got 2 festival pavilions, problem solved!!) now back to the useless abandoned attraction building. Change the theme and Do Something with it!!! and make sure it's worth the $100 that's being charged at the gate.... For example, that company called UOR when they checked out the technology at an Epcot's Innovation attraction called "Sum of all Thrills". They liked it, made a deal and build one of the best dark rides ever built(HP FJ). Why can't Epcot do that? I mean, the technology was right there at their feet... ?????

Reactions: keeper
This is the same Disney that put Frozen into Maelstrom when unused space was available.

Here's a good reason: BH6 doesn't belong in Epcot (unless it went in Innoventions and that's stretching it)
Baymax would be a great host for Body and health... just sayin.

We already lost the battle of should characters be allowed in Epcot, so at the very least lets be positive if the character is at least a good candidate. I definitely could see Baymax hanging around Future World somewhere.

Reactions: ChrisFL
Baymax and IO in WoL
Wall.E in The Land
GotG in MS
Cars in TT
Rutt & Tuke in Canada
Mulan in China
Snow White and Rapunzel in Germany
Hunchback, Aristocats, BatB in France
Tiana in America (and a little cajun food)

Call me crazy, but I honestly love Test Track 2.0. It's the best attraction WDW has added in the last ten years, save for Everest. It modernizes the Epcot aesthetic, it teaches people different aspects of vehicle design in an engaging, hands-on way, and it manages to be fun at the same time.

I hope they use it as a model for all other FW additions.

Reactions: Andalasia
Call me crazy, but I honestly love Test Track 2.0. It's the best attraction WDW has added in the last ten years, save for Everest. It modernizes the Epcot aesthetic, it teaches people different aspects of vehicle design in an engaging, hands-on way, and it manages to be fun at the same time.

I hope they use it as a model for all other FW additions.

You're not alone..I love the asthetic of it (even though it feels a little like a laser tag arena)...

I just wish the outdoor portion was enclosed to continue the asthetic

As someone who has seen the movie (and loved every second of it) I agree WoL would be the perfect spot to do it in however studios is on life support and needs something stat. Either way this can't be a replacement

Everybody who says IO should go in Cranium Command's spot either:

1) Hasn't seen the movie yet
2) Has never actually physically done CC

Inside Out much, much closer to the original iteriation of "Journey into Imagination" than "Cranium Command". Pete Docter even did an interview recently with the Disney blog who questioned him about it. He worked on CC's animation when he was an intern with WDFA, and remembered it about a year into making IO. He initially thought, "This is exactly like Cranium Command!" and then said it ended up "not even being close". And, well I agree with him.

Not only do the emotions never deal with any body functions, but Headquarters looks NOTHING like the CC theater, which by the way was tiny and only sat 200 people at best. Even if you drastically changed the set, and added animatronics of the emotions, which btw would face away from the audience, you'd be ignoring Inside Out's best aspect: we rarely looked at Riley's POV (the basic centerpiece of Cranium Command), but instead the filmmakers were much more focused on what was behind that, the world of her mind.

The entire Imaginationland sequence and Dream Productions felt so much like the original JII that they even threw in a Figment cameo in there. (fittingly enough, as a doll on a pile of rubble) The movie also has "the train of thought" that runs thru Riley's mind. The attraction writes itself.

So why would Disney struggle to get a pavilion back from festivities, one that which has been gutted and is rapidly aging, just to radically redo a tiny theater space that barely seats anyone as a use of their newly acquired hit Pixar IP when there is a perfect fit attraction just begging to be retired and replaced that would work so much better?

Imagine walking into Riley's mind... navigating the corridors of Long Term Memory as the switchbacks. A mind worker AA (which would be insanely easy to make) talks to guests, sets up the world and maybe is interactive while you wait. Then maybe a Headquarters pre-show using pepper's ghost with the emotions (who are very animated and cartoony), and then you get whisked away through Riley's mind via the train of thought and visit all the personality islands, Imaginationland (which COULD have an appearance by Figment and Dreamfinder), and Dream Productions. They could revive the Image Works upstairs to be a Headquarters you can interact with, with lots of IO-related interactive exhibits. The possibilities are endless with this IP and this pavilion.

And I know people are sick of Pixar, but if you've seen the movie, you would want this too. Inside Out is amazing... way better than Frozen.

I would love an Inside Out attraction!

In DHS. Where it belongs.

Sorry, but I don't see the Pixar hate for Epcot. It's already happening, so we might as well accept it. The current Imagination ride is atrocious.

This isn't the 1980's anymore where Disney films were in the crapper and Imagineering had to make original IPs for these attractions, because the theme parks were the biggest money maker. Things have changed and we have to accept it. I agree that Frozen would've been better in DHS, absolutely will agree with that.

But "Inside Out" is different: unlike Maelstrom, it's a perfect fit for Imagination.