Post your Wizarding World Merchandise | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Post your Wizarding World Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As for the map, I doubt the price is going up to sell less, it's going up because it sold so fast at the lower price that might as well try for a high one.

I believe fewer will sell than had they left the price alone. Upping the price by another $20 means the maps are now significantly more expensive than the M-Maps available online (which are extremely good quality), meaning fewer will inevitably buy them. It has affected my wanting to purchase them.

Does anyone have any report of seeing the extendable ears yet? I mean, they must have had them for GO, right?

And does anyone have any guesses for what they will do or if they won't do anything at all? Unless of course you know any information as fact. That's even better :-D

what kind of charactyer wands do they have at Ollivanders?

--- Update ---

sorry I mean, what are the 12 character wands

what kind of charactyer wands do they have at Ollivanders?

--- Update ---

sorry I mean, what are the 12 character wands

Theres, Sirius Black, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Lord Voldemort, Remus Lupin, Albus Dumbledore, Minerva McGonnogall, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Bellatrix Lestrange, and I'm not sure about the last two. They might be Flitwick and Sprout.

Theres, Sirius Black, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Lord Voldemort, Remus Lupin, Albus Dumbledore, Minerva McGonnogall, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Bellatrix Lestrange, and I'm not sure about the last two. They might be Flitwick and Sprout.

I know they have Longbottom's and I think the last one is Draco Malfoy, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

I posted this in the main thread, but thought it may be more at home here:
WHAT TO BUY and WHAT NOT TO BUY AT WWoHP:
I was thinking about the deals and rip-offs at the park and thought I'd make a list of the best and worst items to buy...
Good buys:
T-shirts: The park has a lot of cool and unique t-shirts to choose from, and I feel they are at a reasonable price. Considering I bought one at Hot Topic for $22, a $25-30 price tag is not bad for something that is exclusive to the WWoHP and of such good quality. I purchased the Gryffindor Quidditch Jersey-style shirt, and it feels strong and sturdy. They seem like they will last for a long time. They have shirts for the serious Potter fan, and even for the theme park fan (WWoHP logo).
Pygmy Puffs: Even though they were raised by $2, at $15, they are worth it. They are a fun and canon item that come with a little show bundled into the modest price. Other plushies in the park go for $25-30, and these are not made from lesser materials or quality. They are flying off the shelves, so if you're lucky enough to see one, snag it!
Mugs: I saw many cups and mugs at decent prices. Most mugs in theme parks range from $16-25. Two that I looked at (Have You Seen This Wizard?, Dumbledore's Army) were in the price range of $9-12 and had main characters on them. These would make a good gift, or a nice addition to any collection.
Honeydukes Candy: The candy from Honeydukes that I consider worth it is the kind that can be converted into a decoration. They have jars of candy (mostly hard candies) that have the Honeydukes logo on it, and some others (like the Pepper Imps) that just have the product's name on it. These are not only edible, but pieces very worthy of decoration or re-use. You could easily refill it with another candy and display it in your house.
Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Botts: Both of these go for $10. Their packages are very authentic. They look exactly like their counterparts from the movies. The Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans don't come with much candy, but it is an adorable decoration or collector's item for any fan. Even my brother (who has read the books and watched the movies, but is only a very casual fan) was tempted to buy them. The frogs come with a lenticular card of one of the founders, and also a very big and heavy solid chocolate-shaped frog. These are not like the cheap ones they sell when a movie comes out. These are the real deal.
Lanyards: They also sell lanyards made to look like House ties. They come in each House's colors, and have a plastic slot for an I.D. or ticket. This is ideal to keep track of your tickets throughout the day, or to carry home to use at work.

Bad Buys:
Harry Potter Movies: The movies that they sell are rediculously over-priced. I looked at one of the Sorcerer's Stone DVDs to check out the price, and saw they were charging $20 for it. You can easily find these at Sam's or Wal Mart for $7-9. Also, you could take your $20 and put it towards the Ultimate Edition of SS if you really wanted some bang for your buck.
Marauder's Map: For $70, you get one Marauder's Map set behind glass. The same map is sold from the Noble Collection online for half the price, but unframed. So it depends on if you want it framed.

A Note on Butterbeer:
Most everyone will try Butterbeer inside the WWoHP. But before buying, consider whether the stein is worth it for you. It is $9.50 to buy the stein with regular Butterbeer in it, and $10.50 for the frozen beverage. If you're a die-hard fan who is there for a short amount of time, but looking for a cool souvenir, get it. But if you're a casual fan who isn't planning on coming back soon, pass. You can easily get a smaller cup for $3. The stein is ideal for someone who is on an extended vacation and plans to visit the land often, or for someone with an annual pass who will be wanting refills.

Last edited:
I passed on the souvenir mug too. If refills were under a buck I would've reconsidered. But since I can get a cup for the same price and not have to lug a mug around and store it in a locker if i wanna ride, the cup made more sense. perfect for your first time trying it too

I passed on the souvenir mug too. If refills were under a buck I would've reconsidered. But since I can get a cup for the same price and not have to lug a mug around and store it in a locker if i wanna ride, the cup made more sense. perfect for your first time trying it too
I bought the mug, but afterward really considered how much of a hassle it is. Luckily, I brought paper towels in my backpack to clean it out and store it...I knew I'd be back early next month, and knew I'd want to have some more (and I liked the souvenir aspect). But refills are expensive considering all the other speciality cups get you a discount around the park.

So have they jacked the price for butterbeer twice, or was it only the one time?

And I can't believe that they still don't have all their merchandise out. I thought for sure that they would have it all for the Grand Opening. Do you think they are waiting a bit for when the other merch is in short supply?

And Latveria, I never got around to getting a refill. But I'll check it out next time I go. I'm sure someone else will get the info before I do though, haha.