Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 192 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...It sounds like the European markets are starting to get more of a word for Fallon, as I'm curious on the Spanish front down south of the US if that's happening over there as-well.
Just talked to a couple this AM from Argentina and they LOVED the attraction. They watch Fallon clips on Youtube.

I have a strong feeling that this will become a one hit per visit kind of ride for myself. If it becomes that way for most people, I think Uni Creative will have reached its goal. It's something that will eat people, keep them entertained enough, and provide a fresh new ride for the area.

Whether we like it or not, the general public should eat this up. I think it's a good addition even amidst the conflict and even if I don't like it. Not everything is about my preferences. There's a bigger picture here that we, the knowledgeable, can sometimes forget.
Well said. :agree:

...The ride itself has a horrible design flaw, the seat belt check. It was really embarrassing how long this took and for the team members with flashlights to keep yelling at people to pull the red strap...

I agree. Rode it last night and they had to remove 2 people because their belt were not securing correctly. Also, overheard a TM telling a guest that the seat don't like the color black. I guess there is a sensor in the seat that tells the computer that someone is sitting in the seat. Why it doesn't like black is beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: USO92 and Mad Dog
Someone in the know might be able to back me up here, but the "finale" was going to be a tower of Terror style drop, right? Where the platform actually free falls onto its air cushions/hydraulics. Obviously not a huge drop, but it was a drop, not a slow assisted one either. this was the part that that shook the building and was removed after a few days of testing.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Ok, I rode tonight and it exceeded my expectations. We always knew what it was going to be. We just didn't know how they were going going to pull it together. I think that the GP is going to enjoy it.

In this age of anger and rage, internet hysteria is becoming tiresome.
So far, on this thread, the people who have actually been on it are overall pretty positive. See my thread survey from yesterday & add today's results to it. I don't pay attention to Disney oriented sites because their readers generally trash anything that's Universal.

Here's my video from Friday's soft open, including what might be my final Fallon construction update, new merch in the store, a look around the 30 Rock Lobby including all hosts displays, a look around the 30 Rock Lounge, full Ragtime Gals performance and the complete pre-show video. I also got a few seconds inside the theater before turning off the camera so you can get a look at the big screen and the seats. Enjoy!

Probably won't get a blog post up until tomorrow to accompany the video. Been busy with non-theme park things over the weekend.

Im calling it right now: Fallon will do something with Volcano Bay either during the week of his ride's opening or sending somebody to do a segment.

Cross promotion

Here's my video from Friday's soft open, including what might be my final Fallon construction update, new merch in the store, a look around the 30 Rock Lobby including all hosts displays, a look around the 30 Rock Lounge, full Ragtime Gals performance and the complete pre-show video. I also got a few seconds inside the theater before turning off the camera so you can get a look at the big screen and the seats. Enjoy!

Probably won't get a blog post up until tomorrow to accompany the video. Been busy with non-theme park things over the weekend.

Alicia amazing vid. so looks like they definitely painted/removed the Jimmy poster as you walk down the stairs. Looks kind of bare right now.

Reactions: Alicia
Side note - I know this is Uni's first ride with seat belts... but you just yank the air hose out from under the misbehaving seat and then have maintenance fix it later and not load that seat.

You put a big drapery cover over the seat.

How does no one at Universal know this? The people at SeaWorld know this.

To that tune... there's a point where doing things your own way begins to ignore the obvious advances your competitors have made (and learning from their mistakes as well.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Side note - I know this is Uni's first ride with seat belts... but you just yank the air hose out from under the misbehaving seat and then have maintenance fix it later and not load that seat.

You put a big drapery cover over the seat.

How does no one at Universal know this? The people at SeaWorld know this.

To that tune... there's a point where doing things your own way begins to ignore the obvious advances your competitors have made (and learning from their mistakes as well.)

They did have a belt stretching across the seat signaling it was "out of order". People decided to ignore it or didn't realize it. Probably going to have to make a better effort now that the seat is out.

Reactions: anihilnation
Probably the same thing he did with Kevin Hart with RRR but on the water coaster at Volcano Bay.
I'm thinking something more like what he did with Higgins, walking around in amazement and then making jokes here/there. They can film in the parts of the park that are most done/potentially full done.