Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 204 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A copy/paste job of minions without the level of humor or heart. The ride is like buying a scratch off ticket for $1 and winning a dollar; I guess you had some fun but it was essentially a waste of time. I had more fun interacting with the person in the panda getup than the ride.
Ouch.

Well, at least you enjoyed some part of it, so not a complete waste for you.

Reactions: JoeCamel
A copy/paste job of minions without the level of humor or heart. The ride is like buying a scratch off ticket for $1 and winning a dollar; I guess you had some fun but it was essentially a waste of time. I had more fun interacting with the person in the panda getup than the ride.

This is spot on. When a guy in a Panda suit turns out to be more fun than the attraction itself, you know there's a critical problem here. The ride film makes zero sense since there was virtually no setup for it prior to boarding the theater. What the hell is a Tonight Show Rider? We have no idea since Fallon only casually mentions it just before boarding. There's nothing remotely funny in the ride portion. Not one decent joke! Yes, the 3D tech is probably the best we've ever seen in a theme park attraction, but that should be a given for a new ride built in 2017. This also goes for elaborately themed queues.

Minions have a timeless appeal. Fallon is dated the moment you step out of your seat. Kudos to the Ragtime Gals, although after the third time they roll out their act, you'll want to strangle the panda in frustration.

So, this is another thread I've stayed out of because I largely don't care, but just wanted to let everyone know that apparently guests are loving this so far. Like, to a hilarious degree considering my (and most of the theme park community's) reaction to it.

I know @SeventyOne has predicted this before and I could see it happening. Let's see how this holds up once it's officially open this summer.

I am finding the reaction from the "community" to be hilarious.

Critical thinking has been replaced by hysterical hufflepuffery.
Love the phrase. "Hysterical Hufflepuffery", sounds like it could be a Harry Potter attraction.:thumbsup:....And, by my many comments on this thread, you can surmise that I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment. :)

Reactions: Joel
Yeah, it's a bit soon for the guest reaction to be anything, nevermind great.

If you're talking about comments post-ride to the staff, you're obviously not getting the full picture.

And an actual study would need a decent sample size - unless they've been drilling it hourly with people with iPads it's unlikely you'd have the sample size the industry considers the minimum.

I don't know Uni's methodology... but an immediate post ride survey primarily serves the purpose of informing ops of what is going wrong in their operation. It's not getting the bigger picture guest opinion because people don't know the ride is open, opt out, are denied because of ride requirements, missed it due to downtimes, etc...

It'd be like a post ride sample from Test Track in the early years that everyone loved the ride with no mention of serious issues with downtimes. Well, the people who got to ride enjoy it - but that's obviously not the whole story.

So time becomes an element - how long after is it even remembered. Does it drive people to the park. Does it extend their day or does it replace another option. How does it relate to their overall ratings.

Very little of that could be captures and analyzed in such a short period of time.

I kinda wish that they would now convert Minions in to an amazing Dark Ride, it's such an incredible IP and would make a visually impressive dark ride, with little Minion AA's... I mean, Fallon kinda fills the niche Minions has in terms of ride tech, so now lets try something new.

I think that is their plan (at least I hope). I feel like there'll be a bigger/better Minions presence in the third park, or maybe in a revamped Toon Lagoon.

Is there any food of any kind associated with the ride?

Maybe I'm blanking, but wouldn't that be first ride since Hogsmeade without some kind of food or beverage?

So, this is another thread I've stayed out of because I largely don't care, but just wanted to let everyone know that apparently guests are loving this so far. Like, to a hilarious degree considering my (and most of the theme park community's) reaction to it.

The "theme park community" is generally horrible. If I was in any decision making capacity I'd monitor them for any smoke, but generally not pay attention. For this reason I think Fallon will be successful.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Andysol
The "theme park community" is generally horrible. If I was in any decision making capacity I'd monitor them for any smoke, but generally not pay attention. For this reason I think Fallon will be successful.

Defintely a success. Not only will the Tonight Show be able to come to Orlando for future tapings, but even more free advertising during the show.