Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will remind people that Epcot alone has more screen based attractions than the entire Universal Orlando Resort. China Circle Vision, Canada Circle Vision, Ellens Energy Adventure, France Video, Mexico Boat Ride, Nemo Ride, Soarin', Mission to Mars, Captain EO, Lion King Film. ALL IN THE SAME PARK!!! Also Half of American Adventure and Journey into the Imagination.

Reactions: Ryno27
Also it's where the industry is right now. Simulators and Projections in an Attraction. Nearly every attraction Disney has opened in the last 10 years has featured projection technology in some way.

Also it's where the industry is right now. Simulators and Projections in an Attraction. Nearly every attraction Disney has opened in the last 10 years has featured projection technology in some way.
It different to rely on it in a small/mild manner than creating a ride that fully relies on screens. I would never count any of the World showcase films, Captain EO, Lion King, and certainly not American Adventure just like I wouldn't count Shrek or T2 in this specific argument.

Just because something utilizes multimedia in some form doesn't make it a "Screen attraction". And all of the films in World Showcase promote the specific countries, which makes each film unique and worthy of it's place. Those films aren't anything that people flock to, but if you happen to stumble upon them, they're a real treat.

Reactions: georgemoe
I'm sure you're just being hyperbolic, because of course that's not what people want. I think those who are wringing their hands about 3D and screens would simply like to see more of a balance of experiences in USF. As such, going forward, it would be nice to see Universal Creative not simply jump to the 3D solution/concept for every new attraction that's coming.

It's all about balance. They can keep throwing as many cool, thrilling screen-based rides in there as they want, just toss us a few all-ages, AA-intensive dark rides or inventive coasters at the same time. I'd like to see the Studios have the same kind of variety of experiences as Islands of Adventure does.

Why don't you tell us exactly how many you think there are? Because there aren't many to which I would apply that particular dreary description. And why must debates such as these always boil down to a "Universal vs. Disney" paradigm?
Haunted Mansion
PotC
IASW
Jungle Cruise
Pooh
Pan
Little Marmaid
Buzz
SSE
LwtL
Rio de Tempo
Ellen's
Nemo
Frozen/Maelstrom
Imagination
GMR

It different to rely on it in a small/mild manner than creating a ride that fully relies on screens. I would never count any of the World showcase films, Captain EO, Lion King, and certainly not American Adventure just like I wouldn't count Shrek or T2 in this specific argument.

Just because something utilizes multimedia in some form doesn't make it a "Screen attraction". And all of the films in World Showcase promote the specific countries, which makes each film unique and worthy of it's place. Those films aren't anything that people flock to, but if you happen to stumble upon them, they're a real treat.

The argument that has been had on here is that there are too similar of attractions at UO. You would agree that Epcot has tons of attractions that are exactly the same or similar.

Haunted Mansion
PotC
IASW
Jungle Cruise
Pooh
Pan
Little Marmaid
Buzz
SSE
LwtL
Rio de Tempo
Ellen's
Nemo
Frozen/Maelstrom
Imagination
GMR

And those are all "Painfully slow drags through wax museums vignettes" in your opinion? If so, I'm sorry you apparently don't find much to enjoy in some of the greatest theme park attractions ever built.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
The argument that has been had on here is that there are too similar of attractions at UO. You would agree that Epcot has tons of attractions that are exactly the same or similar.
But it makes up for it with Illuminations, Spaceship Earth (not the ride but the icon), the ridiculous amounts of restaurants, and the World Showcase as a whole.

It is not an issue for rides to be the same or very similar. It is a problem when the park menu across the board starts to become one note. Universal has a severe menu planning problem these days.

I do not have a problem with Universal getting a Soarin' attraction. It appeals to a different subset of people. It is serene, it is thrilling for non-thrill seekers without actually being thrilling whatsoever. It is for those who can't step on a real simulator. It may also be boring for many, but again, from a menu planning perspective it is for a different subset of people and that's fine.

However, Universal is NOT getting Soarin'. They are NOT building a flight/gliding simulator. They are building another motion platform based ride that continues to exclude the people this ride was supposed to be for. That's the issue.

Fast and Furious is egregious for a whole different set of reasons.

They are building a ride about car racing where you don't actually go fast... or really at all.

They are building a ride about flying over New York where your feet will stay firmly planted to the floor.

I'm afraid they'll be building a Kart racing ride where you don't actually get in a Kart... you get in a Tram. :saywhat:

I am very excited about this attraction. It is something the park needs, and I actually kind of like the concept. I think it has promise.

Would you mind explaining that? I sincerely would like to know how you think this attraction fills a gap missing in the parks offerings. To me, this is just another attraction like MM and Transformers, with a much, much weaker concept.

I really hope this New York based adventure is flexible enough to redo the host if Fallon fails as a late night talk show host. This seems risky and kind of meh but so was Twister I guess.

No, I wouldn't agree that any of the attractions I listed are similar.

I really hope this New York based adventure is flexible enough to redo the host if Fallon fails as a late night talk show host. This seems risky and kind of meh but so was Twister I guess.

Please say something logical... Fallon isn't going to fail. He might fall down and kill himself but he isn't going to fail at being a host any time soon.

Reactions: martymcflyy85