Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Fallon is evergreen, which helps. I'm not the biggest fan but I like him, yet NBC would be wise to keep the current POTUS as far away from the show as possible as it's already created backlash issues. Keeping him apolitical and still silly and likable will be the best way to ensure success for this attraction.

Ironically enough, when he did have Trump on before the election, he did get a ton of heat for being really light-hearted with the interview and playing with his hair instead of asking him serious questions.

He has the same problem as Leno - weak interviewer. Leno got hot in the early 90's because of the OJ trial (and Hugh Grant), seems like Colbert/Trump is swinging it more his way.

But yea, as the star of an attraction - he's perfect. Worse case scenario - if Fallon fails or gets fired - he can always be replaced quickly and they don't have to tie it to the Tonight Show.

Ironically enough, when he did have Trump on before the election, he did get a ton of heat for being really light-hearted with the interview and playing with his hair instead of asking him serious questions.

He has the same problem as Leno - weak interviewer. Leno got hot in the early 90's because of the OJ trial (and Hugh Grant), seems like Colbert/Trump is swinging it more his way.

But yea, as the star of an attraction - he's perfect. Worse case scenario - if Fallon fails or gets fired - he can always be replaced quickly and they don't have to tie it to the Tonight Show.
Yeah, this attractions theme is "Tonight Show" not Jimmy Fallon. If Fallon gets cut, the attraction lives on.

It's sort of like Hall of Presidents in that way. HoP doesn't close for good when a new President comes in, they just add the new one. If Jimmy ever leaves, it's just on to the next one.

Yeah, this attractions theme is "Tonight Show" not Jimmy Fallon. If Fallon gets cut, the attraction lives on.

It's sort of like Hall of Presidents in that way. HoP doesn't close for good when a new President comes in, they just add the new one. If Jimmy ever leaves, it's just on to the next one.
Oh man, now I want the Hall of Tonight Show Hosts.

I'd say this ride is as much about Fallon as the tonight show. It's called: 'Race through New York starring Jimmy Fallon' after all.

What moron decided to choose 2 shades of grey and blue as the colours for this graph?

I guess time will tell, but I honestly expect Fallon to bounce back and take back his more commanding lead once more time passes from election/inauguration season. I think politics fatigue will set in at some point and most people will want a place to turn for a distraction, and Fallon offers that. I could be completely wrong, but just a guess.

Slightly off topic, but I think it's just a shame Kimmel trails so far behind Fallon and Colbert, I think he's much funnier than both of them.

I guess time will tell, but I honestly expect Fallon to bounce back and take back his more commanding lead once more time passes from election/inauguration season. I think politics fatigue will set in at some point and most people will want a place to turn for a distraction, and Fallon offers that. I could be completely wrong, but just a guess.

Slightly off topic, but I think it's just a shame Kimmel trails so far behind Fallon and Colbert, I think he's much funnier than both of them.

Out of interest, what are people's thoughts on James Corden? I can't remember the last time a person was either loved or hated with so little room in between.

Here's how I see the three late night talk show hosts.
Jimmy Kimmel- The sarcastic ones who has jokes hidden in monologues and who has great little bits of comedy (like his mean tweets, the Halloween candy one, or his ever lasting feud with Matt Damon)
-
Jimmy Fallon-The one who acts like a child. He acts like anyone of us and what we would do if we were sitting in front of some these huge stars. Not political at all. Has great game show segments for guests and the one, I feel, people can relate to the most
-
Stephen Colbert-The cocky, political one who almost entirely relies on politics to make his show go round. But he says some of the funniest and most relatable things we think of great. Doesn't need a "sidekick" personality

Out of interest, what are people's thoughts on James Corden? I can't remember the last time a person was either loved or hated with so little room in between.

I'll preface this by saying that I don't watch his show, but from what I can gather, he is - as you said - pretty polarizing. He seems to have found success with his Carpool Karaoke segment, but outside of that, I don't hear too much from him or his show. His opening at the Grammy's seemed ok, but I didn't watch much beyond that.

Personally, Corden isn't my cup of tea. I loved the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and thought Ferguson's take on late night was extremely refreshing. He's really the only one I enjoyed watching from the monologue, to the interviews, all the way to the end of the show. Once the show switched from Ferguson to Corden, I gave it a chance but it wasn't the same for me. I haven't watched since.

I'll preface this by saying that I don't watch his show, but from what I can gather, he is - as you said - pretty polarizing. He seems to have found success with his Carpool Karaoke segment, but outside of that, I don't hear too much from him or his show. His opening at the Grammy's seemed ok, but I didn't watch much beyond that.

Personally, Corden isn't my cup of tea. I loved the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and thought Ferguson's take on late night was extremely refreshing. He's really the only one I enjoyed watching from the monologue, to the interviews, all the way to the end of the show. Once the show switched from Ferguson to Corden, I gave it a chance but it wasn't the same for me. I haven't watched since.

I think every Scot travelling to the US owes Craig Ferguson a debt as we were basically incomprehensible and he filled the gap for people to understand us.

31886946724_f62e3bdd77_b.jpg

is it me or does something small like some window lights on some off just seems cool to me