Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
New post to go along with new video from earlier:

Walls Down at Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon and Nighttime Lighting – Orlando ParkStop

Some photo highlights below

Welcome to NBC Studios:
IMG_1819.jpg

Glad that partial racing stripe up the side of Fallon cutout has been removed:
IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

Podium in front of entrance:
P1090536.jpg

Workers working inside:
P1090538.jpg

Walls still up in front of rest of building:
P1090522.jpg

Lights on before it gets dark out:
IMG_1866.jpg

Exit stairs:
P1090543.jpg

What you'll see when exiting down the stairs:
IMG_1867.jpg

Beautiful at night:
IMG_1882b.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

P1090566.jpg

Fallon is bland, non threatening entertainment. He rarely offends or makes waves, he just makes music videos that go viral (though James Corden seems to have take over that market now with Carpool Karaoke). If just like Jay Leno, he's "nice" so no one gets offended.

Fallon is bland, non threatening entertainment. He rarely offends or makes waves, he just makes music videos that go viral (though James Corden seems to have take over that market now with Carpool Karaoke). If just like Jay Leno, he's "nice" so no one gets offended.

I prefer Sam Bee.

I prefer her, Conan, Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers, etc., but when it comes down to it Jimmy Fallon probably has the broadest appeal and the show draws rating for NBC and they control the purse strings. This is not as bad as Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous.

Last edited:
I don't actively watch Fallon, but he does make me laugh when I do see something. I had earned some $ at UNI watching a bunch of his skits before he got the Tonight Show and I really enjoyed it.

Not too long ago I happened to see him singing Enter Sandman w/ Metallica and it was fun as everyone Roots/Metallica/Fallon all seemed to be having fun.

I expect the ride to be enjoyable.

This ride film is staying in forever. Even though the parks design the rides to be easily interchangeable, it never happens. Those films cost a pretty penny to make + test. The only simulator type ride with updates is Star Tours and that just gets a small chunk of added film every couple years. I can't think of a ride that had it's entire film totally replaced (Universal has had a couple refurbs that only half count to me)
Soarin?

Universal would never allow a host so openly and aggressively political to anchor an attraction. Nor should they. I'm no fan of Fallon, but as a nighttime personality, he's exactly what you want for an attraction like this: non-confrontational and non-controversial.

You wouldn't want a ride based on this? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This ride film is staying in forever. Even though the parks design the rides to be easily interchangeable, it never happens. Those films cost a pretty penny to make + test. The only simulator type ride with updates is Star Tours and that just gets a small chunk of added film every couple years. I can't think of a ride that had it's entire film totally replaced (Universal has had a couple refurbs that only half count to me)
....uhhh, Soarin' just got a new film.