Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You've gotta understand how capital projects work; a project manager can plan and forecast as best as they can but until the last few months out nothing is final. I think it's just as easy this ended up having a last minute issue and only opens one theater on April 6th than it is to have softs in February. Remember the Despicable Me hydraulics leak fiasco?
Yes, some buffer space needs to be planned for issues that may come up, even testing takes a while....I'm just glad we don't have a Kong/Gringotts issue on our hands from the sounds of it

At the very least Fallon will be in softs for a couple of months, I'm ok with that

Reactions: Mike S
From some of the photos I've been seeing on FB it looks like the actual entryway isn't done enough to let guests through yet, at least as of last night. There were workers with drills working even while TM previews went on, so maybe they're getting it done.

If the weather holds up I may stop by tonight or tomorrow night just to get some shots of the entry without walls (woohoo!)

From some of the photos I've been seeing on FB it looks like the actual entryway isn't done enough to let guests through yet, at least as of last night. There were workers with drills working even while TM previews went on, so maybe they're getting it done.

If the weather holds up I may stop by tonight or tomorrow night just to get some shots of the entry without walls (woohoo!)

You know any photos are greatly appreciated by us couch bound wanna be theres. Thanks

Just a quick one: during the Jimmy Fallon show on E in the U.K. Tonight, they are running a competition to join him in Orlando for the launch of the new ride, the advert contains what seems like a lot of new footage from the ride film itself. Will try upload it later

This ride is opening at the perfect time for not just USF, but NBC. Fallon's ratings have dipped by 800,000 viewers per episode in 2016-2017 from 2015-2016 and Stephen Colbert just passed him for the first time since taking over The Late Show.

Obviously the high political climate is helping Colbert, but if he can maintain higher viewership (of which many seem to have jumped from Fallon), Fallon may actually NEED the in-park advertisement if he plans on staying atop the late night ratings.

This ride is opening at the perfect time for not just USF, but NBC. Fallon's ratings have dipped by 800,000 viewers per episode in 2016-2017 from 2015-2016 and Stephen Colbert just passed him for the first time since taking over The Late Show.

Obviously the high political climate is helping Colbert, but if he can maintain higher viewership (of which many seem to have jumped from Fallon), Fallon may actually NEED the in-park advertisement if he plans on staying atop the late night ratings.

Yea lots of people aren't happy with Fallon and his lack of getting political. Whereas Seth Meyers is getting more popular as well as Colbert. The best thing is this should be easy to retheme just by switching out marquee and ride video.

Yea lots of people aren't happy with Fallon and his lack of getting political. Whereas Seth Meyers is getting more popular as well as Colbert. The best thing is this should be easy to retheme just by switching out marquee and ride video.
Jimmy basically runs on autopilot... he really hasn't changed his show one bit since he got the gig doing Late Night behind Conan/Leno years ago. He doesn't know how to adapt to change. I was watching him try to interview Bill Belichick and Julian Edelman the other night and he was so out of his element. Basically just throwing football terms around and trying to sound like he knew what he was talking about.

Seth Meyers has really come into his own as a host and is an especially good interviewer. I've noticed myself watching a lot more of his videos on youtube since he started his "A Closer Look" segment.

Fallon is evergreen, which helps. I'm not the biggest fan but I like him, yet NBC would be wise to keep the current POTUS as far away from the show as possible as it's already created backlash issues. Keeping him apolitical and still silly and likable will be the best way to ensure success for this attraction.

I'll admit I've never seen even a minute of The Tonight Show with Fallon. And I loved him on SNL, (especially Weekend Update with Tina Fey.) I even liked his laughing fits that ruined sketches. Just haven't been interested in seeing his late night shows.

I've seen all the other late night shows at least once. In fact, the last time I saw Fallon in anything was probably the Gyrosphere ride scene in Jurassic World. I still like him, just have no interest in his Tonight Show.

That doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to the new attraction. It actually looks pretty fun.

Reactions: maroonmol and Nick

This is great news. Hopefully his numbers keep dropping, not because of the ride but because I just f'n hate that guy as a host. Could care less if his ride stays even if his show goes.

Reactions: maroonmol and Nick
if they change the host. make it john oliver

Universal would never allow a host so openly and aggressively political to anchor an attraction. Nor should they. I'm no fan of Fallon, but as a nighttime personality, he's exactly what you want for an attraction like this: non-confrontational and non-controversial.

I gotta admit he is horrendous at interviewing and needs to work on it a lot. Him interviewing Belicheck and Edelman (WOOHOO GO PATRIOTS) was very hard to watch. The thing that puts him apart from everyone else's for me is his segments, the games he plays with people, the roots, and his side anchor

Reactions: Nick
This ride film is staying in forever. Even though the parks design the rides to be easily interchangeable, it never happens. Those films cost a pretty penny to make + test. The only simulator type ride with updates is Star Tours and that just gets a small chunk of added film every couple years. I can't think of a ride that had it's entire film totally replaced (Universal has had a couple refurbs that only half count to me)