Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

Minions > Fallon
Simpsons > Fallon
Shrek > Fallon

Basically any and every ride, show, attraction not named F&F > Fallon
Highly highly disagree as Fallon is a very entertaining all around attraction and the ride itself is very very smooth. Me and my family absolutely found it to be great fun and much better than I expected going in. Also with the amount of other families I saw coming off of the attraction with huge smiles and laughing from ages 5-50 I’d say it did a fine job for what it is.

Heck from the three other attractions you listed I’d order it first:
1) Fallon
2) Simpson’s
3) Minions

Somewhere in a hole) Shrek

First time poster here! :grin:

Our family really liked Fallon! I don't understand all of the negatives for it.
Welcome to the Forum....Yes, you're in the vast majority of the general public. Seems tech oriented bloggers and those who don't like Fallon's humor are the main ride detractors. Humor is very subjective so just about any ride that's based on a comedian will have it's share of detractors. Supposedly it gets one of the highest GSAT scores in the resort. It's my GF's favorite attraction at Universal. I enjoy it also, probably in the middle tier of my Universal attractions at this point in time.

I think if there were fewer simulators in the park, people would be a lot more willing to have fun with it.

It's also incredibly dependent on if you like Fallon and his version of the Tonight Show.

(Pssst, Fallon is just Simpsons with worse jokes, IMHO.)

I have to add to this thread....

The idea that if you enjoy Fallon and his brand, humor, etc. is reason you will enjoy the the ride is bs. Me, nor my wife, nor my daughter could give 2 s@&ts about him the tonight show or anything Fallon related yet all 3 of us adored the ride and found it a rather smooth, thrilling, and fun attraction.

If you enjoy fun then go enjoy the ride, it’s that simple.

Now back to you guys....

I really wish it was a Conan O'Brien ride. I'll never stop thinking he was robbed. Still, I kind of love the Rag-Time Gals show and it is fun to see the Carson display and the O'Brien broom closet. He has a few bits I like, and Tight Pants is catchy, but I hate the bit where Fallon acts like a little girl. Also, the seats are extremely unpleasant, but The Roots are kinda cool?

How often is there a performance going on in the lounge? Even if the park is slow will you most likely still see the entertainment in the queue?

Also, its my understanding that express basically just bypasses the virtual line and just goes straight to the lounge. Is this true, or does express bypass the lounge entertainment too?

I haven't ridden yet but I wasn't a fan of the ride when it came out. The film looks really goofy and just plain silly/stupid. However, now that I know what to expect I hope I can enjoy it for what it is. I will find out later this week!

It's also incredibly dependent on if you like Fallon and his version of the Tonight Show.

(Pssst, Fallon is just Simpsons with worse jokes, IMHO.)

I'm not a Fallon fan and don't watch any late night talk shows. I think, purely as an attraction experience, it's certainly better than Simpsons (which, sure, has a sharper script) and about on-par with Minion Mayhem (which I prefer because I at least kind of like those characters).

I have to add to this thread....

The idea that if you enjoy Fallon and his brand, humor, etc. is reason you will enjoy the the ride is bs. Me, nor my wife, nor my daughter could give 2 s@&ts about him the tonight show or anything Fallon related yet all 3 of us adored the ride and found it a rather smooth, thrilling, and fun attraction.

If you enjoy fun then go enjoy the ride, it’s that simple.

Now back to you guys....
Fallon is no Colbert....But the ride is most fun I've had on a simulator in a while

How often is there a performance going on in the lounge? Even if the park is slow will you most likely still see the entertainment in the queue?

Also, its my understanding that express basically just bypasses the virtual line and just goes straight to the lounge. Is this true, or does express bypass the lounge entertainment too?

I haven't ridden yet but I wasn't a fan of the ride when it came out. The film looks really goofy and just plain silly/stupid. However, now that I know what to expect I hope I can enjoy it for what it is. I will find out later this week!
Whenever I have ridden it always have caught the ragtime gals show. Panda hit and miss.

Fallon is no Colbert....But the ride is most fun I've had on a simulator in a while

Colbert is just not funny to me. I’d take Fallon over him for sure, and certainly in a ride. Conan takes the cake for me though, and he would’ve been the funniest in a ride as well. Fallon would have the best queue of any of them for sure too between ragtime and hashtag... who my youngest adores. He plays the match game with her every time.