Reedy Creek Improvement District | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Reedy Creek Improvement District

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not wanting them to go away, I like the parks and all that...but they do need to be held accountable for actions taken politically.

Unfortunately Disney is about to get hammered from both angles, that's on them and Chapek no having a spine.

I'm not blind to the fact that both parties in question (Disney and State) are benefiting from each other...but with that their needs to be some accountability.

This has been going on for a while though and people just haven't been paying attention.

I also want to be clear and say I hate the word "woke" and can't stand lumping all of these issues into one proverbial basket.

I am mainly concerned with the amount of our media Disney owns and especially care that so much of it is watched by children.

If it takes the state of Florida to get the ball rolling on lessening their influence, then I'm all for it.
Ohhh no kids watching CoCo, Turning Red and Encanto.....telling them your parents aren't always right and just because they have toxic things in their lives you dont have to just deal with it

I don't get how them getting taxed more does anything but make them more political, but makes no sense for anyone to be upset when their company preaches being who you are and a bill comes out against that....hell they literally funded people for years. I have no idea why they care if Disney speaks against it but pays them

Yes, this is precisely the issue right here.
They aren't literally no human is

If parents want to be teacher so bad, do the work but its all talk. But literally if people think not talking about gay people in school is going to change the world they are wrong all it will do is make them more ignorant to how others live. If parents are scared of information then thats the real problem its them wanting to control their kid and making them think the backwards way they do and not learn on your own and make up your mind the subject

They aren't literally no human is

If parents want to be teacher so bad, do the work but its all talk. But literally if people think not talking about gay people in school is going to change the world they are wrong all it will do is make them more ignorant to how others live. If parents are scared of information then thats the real problem its them wanting to control their kid and making them think the backwards way they do and not learn on your own and make up your mind the subject

Ignorance is the goal.

Ignorance is the goal.
I know and its sad.

As someone who has always been straight, like since I was a kid I liked girls and for other's to be told their preferences should not be talked about, its disgusting.

If people really are fine with other's being gay then their should be ZERO issues talking about it at any age. But they don't want the next generation to be fine with it they want them to see it as taboo and something to "stay away from" or not talk, if it really is all fine to be gay then it shouldn't be something we can't talk about

And while we for another 20 years we argue over people sexuality as if it matters who they choose to love, we are distracted from other major issues like wages not going up, companies buying up houses so less and less people can own them, The US being way too reliant on other counties for our energy and tech and extreme weather until things are even worst then they are now for everyone....so yeah gotta love the people defending this bill and not making a fuse other all the other things going on in he country we need to address ten years ago but wont

I mean while they would survive, if you could magically take out WDW it would really hurt that state. Universal and Disney are bringing in huge bucks for that state.

To stress, I only meant moving Imagineering to Lake Nona, not removing a 60k employer surrounded by spin-off industries. Obviously the latter will never happen in my lifetime.

Just want to remind everyone too, Florida is not monolithic. Orange and Osceola Counties--where WDW physically sits--are an island of blue in a demographic sea of red. The Mayor of Orange County's wife (yeah, we have a county "mayor" rather than a chair) was on the short list for Biden's VP, and it's not hard to envision a 2024 where she and DeSantis end up on opposite sides of the ballot. So while it's still not clear what the local ramifications of eliminating RCID would be, it's possible DeSantis doesn't really care. His political enemies would be the ones to feel whatever pain it brings.

I also want to be clear and say I hate the word "woke" and can't stand lumping all of these issues into one proverbial basket.

I am mainly concerned with the amount of our media Disney owns and especially care that so much of it is watched by children.

They aka the parents have the choice then to not watch what disney makes...they do not have the right to dictate what a private company can/can not create, say, etc. Just like I can't not tell you what to like or not like. That is your right as a person. Also if those same parents actually cared they would be glad they are getting guided conservations than having their kids learn from uneducated students who will tell them things. (I think a survey said a good 60% of students learn about sex from their friends not their parents or school when young and get bad information)

But good luck finding quality entertainment worldwide that does not represent the world we live in. Gay people exist. Tran people exist. Asexual people. Sheltering isn't the right answer and sheltering only leads to things like Rumspringer where kids go crazy when they realize the world isn't like how things they thought were.

They aka the parents have the choice then to not watch what Disney makes...they do not have the right to dictate what a private company can/can not create, say, etc. Just like I can't not tell you what to like or not like. That is your right as a person. Also if those same parents actually cared they would be glad they are getting guided conservations than having their kids learn from uneducated students who will tell them things. (I think a survey said a good 60% of students learn about sex from their friends not their parents or school when young and get bad information)

But good luck finding quality entertainment worldwide that does not represent the world we live in. Gay people exist. Tran people exist. Asexual people. Sheltering isn't the right answer and sheltering only leads to things like Rumspringer where kids go crazy when they realize the world isn't like how things they thought were.
Nobody's saying Disney can't make whatever they want to make....But you have to be prepared for the consequences both political and social

I'm not saying I agree with every word R.D. says, but Disney needs to know it will have some accountability.

As far as sheltering goes...we're literally talking about K-3rd grade here...yes, that age *should* be sheltered as much as possible

Nobody's saying Disney can't make whatever they want to make....But you have to be prepared for the consequences both political and social

I'm not saying I agree with every word R.D. says, but Disney needs to know it will have some accountability.

As far as sheltering goes...we're literally talking about K-3rd grade here...yes, that age *should* be sheltered as much as possible

So my daughter should be sheltered from me and her father because we are both gay?

No, you are the parent. You have the right to teach her what you feel should be taught to her at whatever age you deem appropriate
What is not appropriate about being Gay? So its fine to say Men and Woman can get Married, but two Men or two woman is in appropriate?

You can't have your cake and ear it to, its either Perfectly fine to be gay or its not. By saying its not appropriate you are basically making kids more ignorant because you have an issue with it and at this point only if you are religious do you have any clam on it being "bad" and since sepration of Church and state I see no issues with kids in a public school learning about two people being Gay.

Here is an example if a kid asked what being gay is, "Its when two people love each other and its not of the opposite sex" how the hell could anyone find that wrong to teach a kid at any age?

Guys…. I said not to use this thread as a reason to talk politics. Cut it out or thread gets locked.

If this becomes a non-issue, then don’t post for the sake of posting.

Last edited:
Reactions: fryoj
What is not appropriate about being Gay? So its fine to say Men and Woman can get Married, but two Men or two woman is in appropriate?

You can't have your cake and ear it to, its either Perfectly fine to be gay or its not. By saying its not appropriate you are basically making kids more ignorant because you have an issue with it and at this point only if you are religious do you have any claim on it being "bad" and since separation of Church and state I see no issues with kids in a public school learning about two people being Gay.

Here is an example if a kid asked what being gay is, "Its when two people love each other and its not of the opposite sex" how the hell could anyone find that wrong to teach a kid at any age?
I know @Nick has already asked we get back on topic, but I feel like this needs a response

Where did I say it wasn't appropriate to be gay?

Regarding orientation that's not really a discussion for a teacher to have with a student, especially 3rd grade or younger, be it heterosexual, homosexual, asexual, whatever sexual

The teacher need only say "that's a question for your parents".

The most important thing kids need to know in Kindergarten is their ABCs and when snack time is

The delusion here is that we are kept from some grander Utopia until the village is allowed to raise the child, and we'll use corporations like Disney to do it.

Parents, religious or not, aren't going to take it.

You know I wish some crusty teacher would have asked me at a young age about my sexual orientation so I could have seen my parents beat someone's a**

I demand this thread be licked immediately

• Angry
Reactions: Frogki
I'm locking it until there's actually something substantive to talk about in this thread. I get @shiekra38 felt the need to respond, but that opens the door for responses, etc, etc.

I have a feeling Disney will have a fun time suing over this and probably win easily. This was a case of revenge, nothing to do with the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Here's the wording used for why a District shall be removed:

Reactions: Jerroddragon
This will be re-opened for replies as long as people keep it civil. Rather than focus on the political back and forth, let's focus this thread on the future of RCID, kind of like what happens with this type of stuff: