Restaurants | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Restaurants

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Today's event went from 10:00 to 1:00 and then it opened up to guests from 1:45 to 7:00. They had some very angry guests as originally it was supposed to have opened at 1:15. The way they had the guests queue up today went bad and they had the people that showed up first in the back of the queue. They ended up giving everyone in line a free Gate A pass to make up for the long wait. Little hectic today but in the end it all worked out and they treated everyone great!

That's a shame. It seems like they really have no idea what they're doing. They're just seeing what works.
It is a shame, I was told since all of the construction that is going on upstairs this is where they will move the events.

I saw some people yesterday bringing plates from the BBQ to other seating areas in the Lower Lot. I decided not to give the place a try since it's a little on the expensive end, but I'll try it out eventually.

That was due to the WGA event.

So for the last week of the trial run, as mentioned drinks are now included with the price. Also, the weekend hours have been lengthened to 12 PM to 6 PM, last seating at 5. It'll still be 12 to 4 on the weekdays, but I imagine once summer goes on they'll offer it til 6 daily.
I'm glad to see that drinks are included. I imagine hours will extend later on down the path if its popularity rises.

It's gone.

For good, I dunno. But don't expect it back anytime soon.
<_< Not sure what's happening behind-the-scenes, but this - along with the current state Actors - doesn't point a good picture of what's happening in terms of park direction. Even in the short term, everything appears to be an experiment.

Well I said I didn't think it was staying. It seems it's not, but with all the crazy things happening in the park lately, anything can happen, even a change of venue.

Looks like T-Rex BBQ is a thing of the past(lucky if you got to try it but maybe it wasn't plausible/worth for USH once they tried it.) This sat their was no one eating in that area unless they brought their food up from JP Cove. Sign still gone.

I knew it. Said it all along that this would dissappear after the High Season, but it went even before that. But maybe they are changing venues, but not likely. I still think it's gone for good

I knew it. Said it all along that this would dissappear after the High Season, but it went even before that. But maybe they are changing venues, but not likely. I still think it's gone for good
Ehh.. I don't know if I'd be too confident with that statement. We all thought Mel's would be shutting down, but it's opening up again for (what looks to be) another summer run.

Ehh.. I don't know if I'd be too confident with that statement. We all thought Mel's would be shutting down, but it's opening up again for (what looks to be) another summer run.
Read my previous post... I stated that anything can happen, but it seems it's closing for good.

Read my previous post... I stated that anything can happen, but it seems it's closing for good.
I think we could see its return in the future, or something very similar. Once Flintstones BBQ closes, the only food we'll have in the park are burgers and Chinese food (with the exception of International Cafe).. That's not a very strong lineup of restaurant choices, in my opinion.