Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, j wouldn't mind to see the Mummy go but I would miss the coaster.

In an ideal world for me, I'd see the Mummy coaster rethemed to Fantastical Beasts and have a Mummy ride open in the 3rd park.
If we get a land or facade like what they did in Singapore, I would be okay with it moving over to the 3rd park.

IMG_2995.JPG

Holding onto the side of a plane does not a good actor make. It's something a self promoting idiot would do. But of course, that is just my opinion. I think your country has delivered and continues to deliver some of the best male and female actors out there.

Reactions: Scott W.
Holding onto the side of a plane does not a good actor make. It's something a self promoting idiot would do. But of course, that is just my opinion. I think your country has delivered and continues to deliver some of the best male and female actors out there.

Watching something like this:

Knowing that the actor is the one doing the stunts leads to some great cinematography that just can't be done with stunt doubles.

I think GOT has been a good stepping stone for Brits as it seems like every British actor/actress has been on it and the short life span of characters has allowed them to move on to other things.

Reactions: Mike S
With Universal set to reboot their Monsters series with stars like Tom Cruise, Russell Crowe, and Johnny Depp, I would imagine that they're putting a lot of faith and money into that franchise. If it does pan out for them financially, I would wager a guess that those IPs would make a return in the form of the third park ride(s) or entire land.

Last edited:
If we get a land or facade like what they did in Singapore, I would be okay with it moving over to the 3rd park.

IMG_2995.JPG
But why would they just take it down to redo it. I think if it is torn down universal is doing this to just put in a more modern coaster. I really don't think that universal will ever remove this coaster.

The Mummy is the campy B movie that we all love. I would argue that it is the cult classic attraction in all of Universal Orlando Resort. That being said, I wouldn't mind an enhanced version at the 3rd park if they were to close the current one.
This is one of my FAVORITE rides at UOR. It has a slow ride section w a clear story, amazing fire effects, and pretty scary animatronics. It has backwards, launches, drops, and it's just AMAZING. How can there even be a rumor about taking this ride out. :cry:

If ROTM closes
I wouldn't get my panties in a knot quite yet. Killing Mummy would not make any sense. It's too fun an attraction and the ancient Egypt thing plays well with Americans. Few want to go to the real Egypt these days so these forgeries do the trick.
i really don't know where this rumor came up, but I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere.

The Mummy is the campy B movie that we all love. I would argue that it is the cult classic attraction in all of Universal Orlando Resort. That being said, I wouldn't mind an enhanced version at the 3rd park if they were to close the current one.

This is the best description of Revenge of the Mummy I've ever seen. You can't deny its silly, illogical charm and visceral thrills, but it still makes no damn sense and pales in comparison to other similar E-Tickets.

Reactions: Joel