Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe, but you wouldn't think they weren't that foolish to go through that hell again.

True, but it seems like that they have been fixing ROK to work with the ride system. And considering that it seems unlikely that F&F will be having any outdoor scenes like ROK, it could be easier to use the system due to it being entirely in an controlled environment.

Perhaps that's just me, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's somewhat the case to why they are doing the trackless system again.

Well might as well toss it out here: on the Bandcamp exclusive Disney Dish, Jim Hill heavily alluded to the idea that Mummy would leave if the Tom Cruise Mummy bombs... for Fantastic Beasts.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah.

I mean, it's New York and makes more sense than Hogsmeade TBH.

Well might as well toss it out here: on the Bandcamp exclusive Disney Dish, Jim Hill heavily alluded to the idea that Mummy would leave if the Tom Cruise Mummy bombs... for Fantastic Beasts.

Considering how Wolfman and Dracula Untold we're...at best, critically failed; and not being financially hits (Dracula..although it made it's money, it still was dissed by critics and the GP). I'm sure that Universal Creative is waiting, patiently; because if it's a failure, I think it's not impossible to see Fantastic Beasts ASAP for Universal Orlando Resort.

The question is, what do they use in the technology and how do they change the area to make it more..asthetically pleasing to a 1920's New York City.

Jim Hill, Ho Hum.;)..Well, I needed a good laugh today. ...Throw 100 things at the wall, one or two will stick to the wall. JH will declare himself a true seer.

This means in order for Mummy to stay I would have to root for Tom Cruise. I'm just not sure I want Mummy THAT badly.

I think it's not impossible to see Fantastic Beasts ASAP for Universal Orlando Resort.

The question is, what do they use in the technology and how do they change the area to make it more..asthetically pleasing to a 1920's New York City.

This was what I pitched in the Fantastic Beasts thread...
For what it's worth, it would seem like a major setting in the film is going to be MACUSA (The Magical Congress of the United States of America). Which is just the US Ministry of Magic. Like the UK Ministry, it is hidden beneath another building. In the case of MACUSA, it is housed in the NYC Woolworth building. The characters in the film walk through the Woolworth lobby to access the entrance to MACUSA.

I could see the Woolworth entrance replacing either the main Mummy museum facade or the rerouted entrance since it already has a similar arch.

Fantastic-Beasts-04.jpg

Screen_20Shot_202015-12-15_20at_204.06.36_20PM.0.png

the-revenge-of-the-mummy-ride-at-islands-of-adventure-universal-orlando-ctpdbk.jpg

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

It is as if Jim Hill picked today to drop a bunch of rumors designed specifically with the intention of personally irritating me! Looks like I'm gonna have to buy multiple tickets for THE MUMMY when it opens next summer. I will do my part to personally keep the attraction afloat if I must.

If FANTASTIC BEASTS must come to the parks, I'd much prefer it to be a legitimate expansion, rather than a replacement for one of the best rides at the resort. As we don't yet know what the story for the sequel(s) will be, we shouldn't assume that they'll also be set in New York City, either. I think a loosely-connected FANTASTIC BEASTS ride at Hogsmeade could actually work if you framed the story as a tour of creature exhibits that Newt Scamander established in his youth (each ride vehicle could even have a small moving portrait or magical map through which young Newt - in Eddie Redmayne form - could visibly appear for maximum movie tie-in value). It doesn't need to be NYC-specific.

Honestly, j wouldn't mind to see the Mummy go but I would miss the coaster.

In an ideal world for me, I'd see the Mummy coaster rethemed to Fantastical Beasts and have a Mummy ride open in the 3rd park.

My reasons being that I've liked the Mummy films but I've always thought the plot for the ride was very weak and it has so much potential as a great dark ride especially if the new movie universe that Universal is trying to create is a success.

I think Tom Cruise as a person is a complete nut but he has made some great films recently and is probably one of the best actors out there right now and I think his hot streak will continue with The Mummy.