Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A Pokemon interactive ride would be great but can we not even give the idea of lazy overlays to Universal? They're not Disney so we shouldn't need to worry too much, but just in case...

I don't think they ever will. They could've done it with Disaster/F&F (and Kongfrontation/Mummy) but chose not to.

Reactions: Mike S
Considering Universal is the king of screens, a Portal type shooter would be awesome. I'm sure UC teamed with Valve could come up with something to let us play with our own Portal gun. Aside from that, just give me some sights on my blaster!

Reading this thread made something occur to me. Why is a ride that takes place in New York in a land called "World Expo" but an Egyptian Tomb is in a land called "New York." Shouldn't it be the other way around? It doesn't really matter, but I thought that was weird.

Probably because someone owns the copyright to "World's Fair," which is what the facade of the MIB ride and the flying saucers is intended o evoke.

Well, that was close Also, I heard there are hidden targets/sensors under the big bug. Where could I find those? And is there a dot or mark that identifies the sensors on the aliens on MIB?

Dont even shoot the big bug... thats what the red button is for. "theres only one thing left to do"

On the ride up to the bug, I'm generally leaning out the side of the car trying to hit a fusion exhaust port on a car that is still coming out of the Poster area.

Neither of these rides should be going anywhere. Both are very popular with guests. They are still my two favorite rides in the Universal Studios park. Gringotts, Transformers, and Rip Ride Rocket can't top those rides for me.
I rode rock it today and it was rough as hell. :( on the other hand, reign of Kong soft opened and I was lucky enough to be able to ride it! :D

Neither of these rides should be going anywhere. Both are very popular with guests. They are still my two favorite rides in the Universal Studios park. Gringotts, Transformers, and Rip Ride Rocket can't top those rides for me.

They are both older attractions and both are franchises that don't sell merchandise. Which puts them in the danger zone for Universal, like it or not. I don't think either close in the next few years, but they will be on the hot seat in the future. As they should be, if Universal can close Kong and Jaws they can close these rides. Best case for fans of the Mummy is the ride gets a overlay for the new rebooted film.

They are both older attractions and both are franchises that don't sell merchandise. Which puts them in the danger zone for Universal, like it or not. I don't think either close in the next few years, but they will be on the hot seat in the future. As they should be, if Universal can close Kong and Jaws they can close these rides. Best case for fans of the Mummy is the ride gets a overlay for the new rebooted film.

MIB has the advantages of being a unique ride, plenty of AA, easy for young and old to ride and is great for reriding. Mummy is still considered mainly a roller coaster. I think as long as the ride systems hold up Universal has too many other priorities on its plate.

I think Universal is thinking more about capacity now. Replacing any more existing big rides will not help with that.

MIB has the advantages of being a unique ride, plenty of AA, easy for young and old to ride and is great for reriding. Mummy is still considered mainly a roller coaster. I think as long as the ride systems hold up Universal has too many other priorities on its plate.

I think Universal is thinking more about capacity now. Replacing any more existing big rides will not help with that.
Yes, I strongly agree with you.

I personally think MiB will be safe for a long time, considering that Sony seems to want to keep the franchise going in general. I think the ride is even in a unique position where they could enhance the overall experience if there's a resurgence in popularity of the franchise. They could totally overhaul the retail experience Wizarding World-style. Make it more of a supply store for the agency, maybe integrate it with the Immigration Room somehow, have walkaround MiB agents and aliens to interact with. They could maybe do just some very basic stuff to the ride itself, like have the video segments rotate between Will Smith and whoever the current star is, maybe throw in some projection mapping effects, etc.

Reactions: tankart150
What the Mummy has going for it is is continually ranked as a ride with the highest guest satisfaction. It's 12 years old and it still brings 'em in. I know it's my favorite at USF, it's many of my friend's favorites, and I hear more positive things coming off that ride than I do any other in that park.

I wouldn't be terribly upset if the ride got re-themed(Back to the Future anyone?), as long as that ride system stays in place. It's just so much fun with just enough thrill to make most people happy.