Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It feels like the budget for the tribute stores have gone down for this latest batch. I usually love the stores, but wasn't very impressed with the Mardi Gras one and a warehouse theme is very...bare bones.
I really liked the idea of the store, showcasing the floats from concept to completion, but yeah, it's pretty bare bones in execution. I thought the Monsters store looked cool, but the visuals are the only real draw.
I would prefer they switch the "tribute store" for a themed lounge/cafe/photo op place. It makes sense for HHN to have a dedicated space since they can fit various themes/IPs into each room, but Mardi Gras is somewhat the same theme each year.
I think Holidays would also benefit from the lounge idea as well. They've used the same themes two years in a row (and, unless there's a big change with the event this year, they'll probably use them again) and the merch selection is typically the same with a lot of it being available yearround.

Wonder if a Mummy escape room is in the plans for City Walk ... that Alexander the Great scene in Moon Knight felt like one.

With every passing day I get more skeptical about potential show element or story changes. A refresh of one of the most popular attractions would certainly be a good marketing push for the park in a year where it looks like no new attractions will be opening. Happy for @Alicia to prove me wrong as she has before though haha

With every passing day I get more skeptical about potential show element or story changes. A refresh of one of the most popular attractions would certainly be a good marketing push for the park in a year where it looks like no new attractions will be opening. Happy for @Alicia to prove me wrong as she has before though haha

This is the same company that debuted a nighttime spectacular (that's finally on par with anything at WDW) and had a small gathering of local media/youtubers for it.

I wish they can be a little more like Disney when it comes to refurbs (if they are doing anything substantial) and show off concept art/details.

I reported on rumors everyone else was saying, but keep in mind, the only thing I actually know for sure, because we could confirm it with permits, is the ride control system is being upgraded. The rest is internet rumor.

I’m as much in the dark as anyone with this one.

This is the same company that debuted a nighttime spectacular (that's finally on par with anything at WDW) and had a small gathering of local media/youtubers for it.

I wish they can be a little more like Disney when it comes to refurbs (if they are doing anything substantial) and show off concept art/details.
Part of me is very concerned there will be changes. Big changes. But I haven’t heard a single thing. I just wouldn’t be surprised if we see changes. AND I also wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t. That’s what’s crazy about Universal.

I think after all the controversy it would almost be more disappointing to me at this point if stuff wasn't substantially changed. I kinda wanna see what they would replace some of the cornier elements with.

• Wow
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The one thing I’d like to see changed is the final turn into the breaks. With the light from the station, it’s easy to tell that Imhotep with the smoke from his mouth and the final medjai are both just paintings on black walls. I’ve always thought that the other black light paintings looked fine, as they’re only lit for brief moments as you ride by, but with the station lights these final ones look a bit shabbier. I’d like to see them replace the black paint with Egyptian stone walls and replace Imhotep and the medjai with projection mapping. For what I consider the best ride in the park, I wish the final scene was a little stronger. Even though this is the only scene that probably needs it, I’d still like to see all of the black light replaced with projection mapping. It would be a simple fix that would go a long way. Guess we’ll see in a few months!

I know gotg will be shiny and new, but I hoped it would have been enough done to make this a huge draw to kind of compete with it. Unfortunately 7months is not enough for that but it's fine still my favorite ride in studios.

The one thing I’d like to see changed is the final turn into the breaks. With the light from the station, it’s easy to tell that Imhotep with the smoke from his mouth and the final medjai are both just paintings on black walls. I’ve always thought that the other black light paintings looked fine, as they’re only lit for brief moments as you ride by, but with the station lights these final ones look a bit shabbier. I’d like to see them replace the black paint with Egyptian stone walls and replace Imhotep and the medjai with projection mapping. For what I consider the best ride in the park, I wish the final scene was a little stronger. Even though this is the only scene that probably needs it, I’d still like to see all of the black light replaced with projection mapping. It would be a simple fix that would go a long way. Guess we’ll see in a few months!
Moving projection mapping for those cutouts would be more than I could possibly hope for. That would be such a major plus for the attraction. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm honestly just happy that replacement doesn't seem to be imminent. It was always my top priority when I had my pass and still is when I visit the park.

I know gotg will be shiny and new, but I hoped it would have been enough done to make this a huge draw to kind of compete with it. Unfortunately 7months is not enough for that but it's fine still my favorite ride in studios.

It would need more work than it's worth to do meaningful upgrades to compete with GOTG.

I'm just amazed a "budget" ride from the Blackstone era is still around and getting some work done. I do love the ride so I'm happy.

Reactions: devinp267