Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It would need more work than it's worth to do meaningful upgrades to compete with GOTG.

I'm just amazed a "budget" ride from the Blackstone era is still around and getting some work done. I do love the ride so I'm happy.
We will see come gotg opening I haven't watched any povs. Mummy still might come out on top in certain categories.

I have a feeling the Monsters will continue to have a large presence in the store since Monsters Cafe is gone. Unless they create a new Monsters store somewhere else...

I have a feeling the Monsters will continue to have a large presence in the store since Monsters Cafe is gone. Unless they create a new Monsters store somewhere else...
Especially if they’re moving from the Frasier mummy to the classic mummy. This is a side note, but I wonder if the Kongfrontation track will still be there. Always enjoyed trying to spot it after the second launch. Usually abandoned infrastructure can be an eyesore, but this is something that is hidden enough where you only see it if you know it’s there and are trying to spot it. I’m pretty sure that they physically can’t remove it though without cutting the ceiling open or something. We talk about them cleaning up the ride, but this is something I wouldn’t mind them leaving because it’s always so cool to spot

No matter what, since they own the Monsters franchise and they seem to be actively trying to merchandise it and hype it for the new park, it just makes sense to make it have a presence in the parks.

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
Especially if they’re moving from the Frasier mummy to the classic mummy. This is a side note, but I wonder if the Kongfrontation track will still be there. Always enjoyed trying to spot it after the second launch. Usually abandoned infrastructure can be an eyesore, but this is something that is hidden enough where you only see it if you know it’s there and are trying to spot it. I’m pretty sure that they physically can’t remove it though without cutting the ceiling open or something. We talk about them cleaning up the ride, but this is something I wouldn’t mind them leaving because it’s always so cool to spot
Don't know if its true but when I worked at Uni we were told the tracks were literally part of the building infrastructure and can't be removed.

I would guess Monsters presence on the original campus goes to zero (including HHN) when Epic opens?

Monsters need their own thread - they are everywhere right now, ha.

I think he meant he was wondering if they'd stop using the Universal Monsters for HHN once their land at Epic is up and running.
Don't really see why that'd be the case. It's not like they're building a permanent haunt in Monsterland and they seem to be doing pretty good for now. I would bet we'll see them take a break from HHN as soon as guests or staff simply get tired of them, rather than once the land opens up which could lead to bigger interest in the IP.

Don't really see why that'd be the case. It's not like they're building a permanent haunt in Monsterland and they seem to be doing pretty good for now. I would bet we'll see them take a break from HHN as soon as guests or staff simply get tired of them, rather than once the land opens up which could lead to bigger interest in the IP.
This 100%. I could definitely see them take a bit of a break from Monsters at HHN - but I'm sure they'd never completely go away.