Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They aren't shortening up the queue. They are readjusting the flow to help with congestion.

Exactly, the best thing is the entire queue will be indoors and stay indoors :thumbs:

A smart and necessary readjustment. Thanks for the update! I trust it'll change sufficiently in due time in favor of a more consistent storyline and a more organized ride experience.

They're getting rid of this thing?

is1pUi0m9cbsI.jpg

Thanks for the info, though I hope that this ride gets some downtime before Potter opens (2014 perhaps?) to give it a new storyline and fix some of the other issues. (Imohep, give some movement to the skeletons etc.)

I'm sure once Phase 2 opens Mummy will get a lot of love, but for now and the immediate future it needs to stay open for crowd control. Think of it like how Spiderman got its big refurb after Phase 1 opened, because Forbidden Journey was eating up the crowds.

Well after some questions behind the scenes I think I should have been a little more clear. The stand bye line is the only one that will remain completely indoors while the single and express will still have to take a brief stroll outside.

I think the little change to the entrance and queue, plus improvements in the turntable scene, are great news! Lets hope they keep this up!

Mummy is a really great ride. It's one of my favorites and a must-do every time I visit Universal. But, it could be much better with some additions to some scenes. They have the money and the tech now, so I hope they keep investing here! :thumbs:

IMG_8260-1.jpg

Got the scoop on this, just waiting on a little more details before I give my final answer. In short though their is a BUNCH of new equipment going on the roof of the Mummy and this is being built to hide it. How it will be incorporated into the facade is what I am waiting to hear about. Also of note this is the beginning of full in park wifi :thumbs:

IMG_8260-1.jpg

Got the scoop on this, just waiting on a little more details before I give my final answer. In short though their is a BUNCH of new equipment going on the roof of the Mummy and this is being built to hide it. How it will be incorporated into the facade is what I am waiting to hear about. Also of note this is the beginning of full in park wifi :thumbs:

Aww crap... I just noticed that the new frame follows the existing outline of the Soundstage, so I wouldn't be surprised if the look remains the same, just a bit taller... :(

Aww crap... I just noticed that the new frame follows the existing outline of the Soundstage, so I wouldn't be surprised if the look remains the same, just a bit taller... :(

I'd be very surprised if that was the case, especially with them realizing Transformers will need to be themed from all sides. It could happen, but IMO, it's that was because of supports in the Mummy building and just lining up with them