Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Im Heading to Osbourne Lights at MGM Studios so this will have to wait until I get home :thumbs:

New projectors are new projectors...anything that will plus the attraction will be welcomed

New projectors would be good :thumbs: Though I hope to see improvements elsewhere in the ride as well. Especially the "ghosts" (or whatever they are called) that we see during the faster parts of the coaster.

PS: shiekra, your sig rocks my socks off! :lol:

New projectors would be good :thumbs: Though I hope to see improvements elsewhere in the ride as well. Especially the "ghosts" (or whatever they are called) that we see during the faster parts of the coaster.

PS: shiekra, your sig rocks my socks off! :lol:

I agree, some enhancements can be made to those..

and thank you haha

The projectors have been already installed and been established on the boards. We're talking solely on the planned exterior/queue work.

For those eager and new to the discussion, you want to check out one of Hate's posts from a few weeks ago.....

New info (I mean speculation :look:)

1. Exterior queue is gone
2. New entrance through old IOA preview center. That ugly entry thing is going as well.
3. Interior queue to remain largely unchanged outside of some new theming and interior connection from old interior queue to extended queue and new entrance.
4. New test seats
5. As of right now lockers are not being touched
6. The movie set theme is staying

The overall point of this is to increase curb appeal but at the same time decrease congestion at the entry.

**As for the facade, their will be work and upgrades coming. As for the level of upgrade the facade will see I'm not ready to disclose that intel yet :thumbs:

Well I guess I'll bring the bad news. So this mummy queue is going to be a lot less extensive and an almost less than a week redo. The only downtime will be to tear down the steel structure, drill some new stanchion holes and replace the concrete around it. Almost an overnight or 2 to fix up. The queue itself won't be changing much and I can't go into detail until I 100% confirm it. But I'm highly disappointed from what I've heard earlier today. It's expected to be done before Christmas. No set start date yet.

The good news however though is the entrance area will be less congested with the new layout and have a greater curb appeal :lol: More good news is that there will be a fix to the turntable scene. It's been plagued with light bleeding in since the new projectors went online. Finally the new test seats for the redesigned entrance have arrived and are sitting backstage. Other than this as well as some increased spending for some required maintenance (fixing audio, fresh paint, and lighting) the project of plussing the Mummy is complete....For now :sneaky:

Reactions: Felipe