Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I definitely agree that the movie-set storyline needs to go. Goes over way too many people's heads simply because they didn't have to stand around and watch the queue videos. I also think there's plenty enough room when you enter the building to put the lockers inside if they wanted. Way more queue space than necessary 99% of the time.

Yea...but let's be honest, most people don't give a crap about the story.:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, I'm of the opinion that Studio parks really need to dispense with the mirage of production. Things like Disaster work though.

Disaster and Horror Make Up work because they're so over the top with their "fake movie studio" stuff. They don't take themselves seriously as shows like LMA and Indy Stunt Show do.

Agreed they could come up with a better story. The first time I went on it I didn't even see what the story was supposed to be. And Brendan Fraser yelling about his cup of coffee every time is annoying but totally worth it for Imhoptep to show up.

Moving the lockers inside could be nice, but would the queue need to be reworked? Have to re-enter the ride area just to get to the lockers and exit when the gift shop isn't even there? Anything would be better than Forbidden Journey locker setup though. Everyone trying to get into it from the ride, everyone trying to get it after the ride, and people trying to get into the gift shop and out of the gift shop in what feels like a confined space..terrible. Would need to find a solution that could work for Mummy, then hopefully copy it over at FJ.

I've never waited a line long enough to watch any real portion of the queue video, although the bits and pieces I've seen looked entertaining enough. Thanks Express! But even though some things didn't make sense for a while, it never bothered me. That ride is that good.

New info (I mean speculation :look:)

1. Exterior queue is gone
2. New entrance through old IOA preview center. That ugly entry thing is going as well.
3. Interior queue to remain largely unchanged outside of some new theming and interior connection from old interior queue to extended queue and new entrance.
4. New test seats
5. As of right now lockers are not being touched
6. The movie set theme is staying

The overall point of this is to increase curb appeal but at the same time decrease congestion at the entry.

**As for the facade, their will be work and upgrades coming. As for the level of upgrade the facade will see I'm not ready to disclose that intel yet :thumbs:

I'll still hold out hope for a Round 3 of upgrades that includes a streamlined story and new ending. I mean they're fixing everything else, why not go all out?

Well if you think about, why not install as many upgrades now along with a new entry way. Then in early 2014 you can close it down for 8-10 weeks to do some major upgrades and advertise it as a new addition for 2014. I mean until Transformers opens you can't close the Mummy. Just look at Potter, it allowed Universal to close Spidey for an extended period for he first time ever with little to no impact on operations.

Well if you think about, why not install as many upgrades now along with a new entry way. Then in early 2014 you can close it down for 8-10 weeks to do some major upgrades and advertise it as a new addition for 2014. I mean until Transformers opens you can't close the Mummy. Just look at Potter, it allowed Universal to close Spidey for an extended period for he first time ever with little to no impact on operations.

Very true. Can't really make worthwhile overall changes with the attraction open. No reason to think the money will stop rolling in anytime soon either...

And spread out the expense over two fiscal years could be a reason as well.

Notice of Commencement has been filed with Uni and Mivan INC for Revenge of the Mummy Queue Modifications

From Parkscope

RotM-NoC.jpg

We've ridden this thing so many times I can't count and I could totally see the improvements when we rode it 3 times last week. One negative thing I noticed was at the launch you could barely (if at all) hear him say the "your souls are mine" audio. That bugged me. The audio was also off in the treasure room (couldn't hear him).

Whatever releases the six Mummy soldiers is pretty loud and obscures the last bit of his spiel. From my understanding it's something like"...or refuse, and suffer a more bitter fate"