Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It didn't feel that way the last time I rode the Mummy.

I think with more lockers it wouldn't be as much of a problem. It can get pretty busy in that area, but I think its only because most of the lockers are full. Also, when comparing Mummy to Potter in terms of lockers, Mummy is nothin' :lol:

I have had a problem with out of place tented locker area from the beginning. I agree that it would be great if they could move them inside. I have never seen the queue full to the front even though I am sure that it happens during the holidays.

Its been full on a couple of occasions I've ridden the ride, even going into the extended queue and then coming back outside and going into the main queue once.

Hopefully more interactive features instead of an air tunnel that everyone and their mother likes to stick their hand into 6 times each making an excessive amount of noise?

Reactions: Cwoolboy
If they do touch the actual queue, I hope they change it to make the story a lot more streamlined and ditch the whole movie-set idea.

Skip and I noticed in the beginning of October that they were only loading one side of the ride. The line reached to the first queue room, but presumably if both sides were running, that problem would rarely, if ever, occur.

I've always thought that a real Museum of Antiquities setting with the overlaid theme of a "new exhibit straight out of Egypt" would be really cool. The tombs and artifacts would be coming to life as you sneak into the area from the main lobby. The problem with how it is now is that it's a purported film set "coming alive", so the reality of its artifacts is just feigned.

The exterior facade would be extended vertically to hide the show building first of all. The actual entrance would then be a set of architectural elements from the outside of the tomb recovered from Egypt, and the lockers area would be a heavily-advertised (in the style of 1950s NYC) outdoor "preview" of the tomb with themed lockers and torn-then-patched covering above it.

In the main lobby space, there would be an expanded and normal museum-style setting with a concierge desk and props from, again, the 1950s (this is derived from the general time period around the Streets of New York area). The normal queue would host a grandiose entrance to this new exhibit, with lots of "coming soon" banners placed throughout (both the singles and express queues will say things like "Special Guests Entrance" and "Individual Tours").

The story starts when guests see that the "coming soon" banners guarding the entrance have been burned and are still glowing along the edges (fiber optic display here). The interior of the tomb space is only slightly updated with signs (some half-finished) declaring what each element/artifact is, and what it meant to the pharaoh. The stairwell is remade into an elegant climb up to the "Main Tours" of the tomb, which now gives a story to the vehicles as well: "Your guided trip through the marvelous tomb of the great pharaoh!"

The ending is the main part that would be changed on the ride (besides using screens for animating the flying ghosts in the dark ride segments of the ride - they're on par with disco yeti), with a large section of smoke and rising projected spirits indicating that the haunting has finally left the museum. After a breather, a large themed wall with a huge statue shows a grainy black and white projection welcoming guests home with tinny triumphant music playing. However, at the last second, a shadow crosses in front of the projection, and a deep rumble is heard alongside a dark groan.

The exit queue is, of course, still themed to an upscale museum with a tour through the rest of the Egyptian section, and an "optional" exit through the Sahara Traders gift shop, which now boasts a more wholesome theme, as well as a "Wanted - Missing" wall full of people gone missing from the attraction (the ride photos wall).

Idk. These things just constantly bounce around in my head. :lol:

I definitely agree that the movie-set storyline needs to go. Goes over way too many people's heads simply because they didn't have to stand around and watch the queue videos. I also think there's plenty enough room when you enter the building to put the lockers inside if they wanted. Way more queue space than necessary 99% of the time.