Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Treasure room and the rotating scenes :thumbs:

Don't be too disappointed Danny the ride has received tons of love after hours for weeks. It's looking the best it has in at least 5 years.

I just went on Mummy today. The first room has some projected shadows/cobwebs all over and I could barely see Imhoteps arm behind him. The lift hill seemed much better, the fog at the top was working full blast. The whole ride seemed much darker than it used to be (especially the first roller coaster portion), and the projections seemed to pop more in the first roller coaster portion, couldn't see the screens the projections are projected onto in the first roller coaster portion. Overall, I was super impressed by what I saw.

I can only speak for myself but once I was sent word of changes and tests on the Mummy I was riding it several times a week. Once I got wind of that projector being changed out I went their that same day and noticed the change immediately. What concerns me is your not in the dark about ride conditions and know your stuff. I will be there tomorrow and will check it out. I haven't ridden it, in at least 3 weeks so maybe something has happened.

But did you notice the scarab room change?

I can only speak for myself but once I was sent word of changes and tests on the Mummy I was riding it several times a week. Once I got wind of that projector being changed out I went their that same day and noticed the change immediately. What concerns me is your not in the dark about ride conditions and know your stuff. I will be there tomorrow and will check it out. I haven't ridden it, in at least 3 weeks so maybe something has happened.

But did you notice the scarab room change?

I suppose it's more difficult for me to notice those changes because I only go once a year...but I was still expecting something groundbreaking and didn't notice much. I felt like the turntable projection (or area) was much brighter, which I didn't like at all. It used to be very dark and now I could see the whole screen/turntable itself. I didn't notice any changes in the scarab room. What's changed in there?

A little birdie has told me Revenge of the Mummy is getting some love right this very minute and it will be ready by opening today. One word was given to me as a description of the upgrade, WOW.

Thanks Skip, did they mention a new animation for the launch?

The new animations (yes, the launch is either a new animation, or the old projector was so bad that it now looks like a new animation) and projectors look amazing! Also, don't know if it was a fluke/luck, but there was no hard, whiplash inducing stop in the fake unload scene on the ride I had. Actually, the vehicle parked about half a length back from where it normally does, and it was a fairly smooth stop. Since it parked so far back (I was looking over at a gas tank and up at the very back edge of the fire effect), I'm going to say its safe to guess it was a fluke.

^Just out of curiosity, how many people were in the car? A lighter load takes much less time to stop than a full load.