Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank you for the feedback, did you notice the lighting change in the queue.

Thanks to my glasses, nope. Everything is just a shade brighter than black when I step into the line, and if its the singles line, they've finally fully adjusted by the time I'm getting into the car. I'm pretty blind without them, so I couldn't tell you if I took them off, either. :lol:

^ What exactly are the rumored changes to the queue lighting? The only thing I could hope for is dim lighting on the treads of the staircases. Especially the single riders line.

That new projection is AMAZING. It only makes me wonder how taken aback I will be by the projections on the potter expansion.

^ What exactly are the rumored changes to the queue lighting? The only thing I could hope for is dim lighting on the treads of the staircases. Especially the single riders line.

I was simply told about queue lighting changes for the better the day before they went live. I haven't been to the parks in a while but that's ending this weekend. Once I go, I will give you a better overview. :thumbs:

hi first post i have also told my wife about the way i think the screens look so unclear but she always says that she dosent see it i knew i wasnt the only one way would they make such a great ride and not get that right

^ A few of us a long time ago attributed the poor clarity to motion blur in the cgi where motion blur wasn't required, as we are "moving" just as fast with the action.

Exactly. That is why there is an effect of the characters being crisp and the action being blurry. That being said advancements to the projection tech itself are always welcome and would be awesome.

^ Oh, alright, that makes sense. I don't think I was a part of the boards back then. I think I'll be complaining less about that now. :wave:

Guys the projectors on FJ have to move to follow the screens. I would imagine this contributes to the motion blur. There is no doubt some amount of mechanical vibration is introduced by this. Also the projectors probably have a pretty wide field angle to fill the screens from a short distance away. There might not be Spiderman-quality projectors that can pipe out the necessary field angle. I am not an expert on projectors though. Anybody know?

No, the projectors on Forbidden Journey are attached to the screens. The scenes that have motion blur have it because it was digitally added; you can tell in certain parts of the film. With the wide-angle aspect, yes, but I think these are quite special projectors that, in the end, do their job. However, if brighter projectors were used, their reflections could deter from the lighting schemes of the surrounding sets.

I propose for the ride film to lose the motion blur. New projectors could help, but I think raising the film's brightness could also have the same effect. In respect, the scenes would then be re-lit and reconfigured to better suit the theme. For example, the raging storm in the Forest can easily be replaced with a quiet and subtly scary spider scene, without the need for flashing lights. The climax of this scene would be Hermione casting her Arania Exumai, and then being led to the Willow with a more picturesque intro (and a huge domed backdrop - please). Then, with more black curtains, the transition into the dome would be easier to manage.

When I was an AP holder after Potter first opened, the projections looked great. I took a year off from being an AP Holder and just recently renewed. On my trip two weeks ago the projections were so dark I could barely tell what was going on. They definitely were not always like that. It was like they got that stupid Instagram effect now.

I am thinking the projectors are due to be rebulbed. But even then the resolution is pretty bad in comparison to what we now have at Spidey and DM:MM. Simpson's is in need of a HD remaster also.

I am thinking the projectors are due to be rebulbed. But even then the resolution is pretty bad in comparison to what we now have at Spidey and DM:MM. Simpson's is in need of a HD remaster also.

T2 as well...although I hope they get a replacement for that puppy instead. To quote the g/f "Why do they still do that cheesy action pose at the end like this is still the 90's?"

Still holding out for T2's replacement in 2013 with a FFL replacement as well.