Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^Ahh, I definitely like the idea of implementing the arms coming down from the ceiling... but where would it go? If you did it before the first scene with Reggie and Imhotep then people would see it from the loading bay. Is there room to squeeze it in after that scene before the treasure room?

Edit: By the way, thanks for the video. Very cool to see the differences between the two rides.

Testing continues on you know what in you know where. There was a bit more info on that, however, it was complex stuff that doesn't really tell us anything.

Last edited:
I can tell you that there have been many times recently, one in particular, where the cars werent making it up the launch hill
Side note, at one point today Mummy and RockIt were down, and Monster was experiencing a black out because of the SS44 construction.

The last time I rode it, not only did my car barely make it over launch hill, but the line of cars waiting to be unloaded was backed up pretty badly as well. I really hope this gets a huge refurb, since it is one of my favorite rides :smiley:

Last edited:
Funny thing is that the past few times I've ridden we've been getting a great launch and thrown over that first airtime hill. These rides have all been late at night without a full train though.

On one of the rides as we were coming up to the unload platform there was a loud screech and we stopped short of where we were supposed to be. Sat for about 3 minutes while all the other trains went to the other unload and finally moved the rest of the way up.

Yeah, when they have trouble launching, once its safe they will only load half cars so it can throw it up the hill. Also sounds like you got e-stopped.

Rode it about 4PM this afternoon. Man, does the scarab scene look fantastic (front screen only, the side screens were so dark in comparison to the front screen, that you hardly noticed that there were projections on them).

Full car, serious airtime at the top of the launch hill.

Rode today and got stuck in the false ending long enough to see the reset. Looks like an older woman got hurt on the ride because a bunch of TMs were around her on the exit bridge from the far side off load. Hope she's OK

- - - Updated - - -

Was thinking of how to solidify the theming of this ride. A ride video that was part of a movie preview that you could purchase. (Sound familiar?)

To me it looks like theyve got new projectors on the side screens of the scarabs. Kind of clashes with the physical scarabs that roll by. Sometimes seemed like the launch hill struggled hard today.

Rode twice today and everything ran perfect. Launch was actually faster than I have experienced on the mummy. Was really impressed after what I read today. Minor issue in that the suspensful music at the very very start when you come round to the stairs with the shadow wasn't working but otherwise ran perfect. No AA issues, no launch issue and no starting/stopping issues.

Rode twice today and everything ran perfect. Launch was actually faster than I have experienced on the mummy. Was really impressed after what I read today. Minor issue in that the suspensful music at the very very start when you come round to the stairs with the shadow wasn't working but otherwise ran perfect. No AA issues, no launch issue and no starting/stopping issues.

I dont know the scope of the work they do every night but hopefully a lot is done on the launch system. Just wondering if it was a full cart? I know that when it goes down it is usually only a few things. The turn table and launch are two big ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone noticed the crazy lights they put in the car for that pre board video? Wonder if you could see anything with those lights?

I dont know the scope of the work they do every night but hopefully a lot is done on the launch system. Just wondering if it was a full cart? I know that when it goes down it is usually only a few things. The turn table and launch are two big ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone noticed the crazy lights they put in the car for that pre board video? Wonder if you could see anything with those lights?

The first time it was not a full cart, just my family (4) and two others but the second run was full. Not sure about the lights but I did notice the other car passing over us at the coaster section after the false ending for the first time.

The ride is programmed with a set amount of energy in the LIM launches... the control system doesn't have any ability to weigh the trains and adjust the launch power like some other coasters do.

Because of this, if you get an empty train car, the main launch (after turntable into gravity zone) provides the most force and biggest airtime at the top of the hill. More than it would if you got a car full of riders. Of course because the train is empty, it doesn't carry the same momentum as one full of guests; so by the time you get to the drop after the helix (second airtime spot), the car is traveling about the same speed as one full of other riders - this spot doesn't really have much difference.

The same thing applies for the third launch out of the false ending.