Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ I don't believe they are really calibrating them yet until all five projectors are installed (in that scene). I wish they would paint the gold room screen black and project brightly onto that.... the white screen is so dumb looking. A musion effect would even work well there.

Now that is a fantastic idea...

The brightness of the Scarab room worries me. Here's hoping you're right about the calibration -- that room was already too bright.

^ I will bet you there is a huge difference between one waiting in the regular line and zipping through single riders. Regular gives your eyes time to acclimate to the darkness while single riders don't. I know I am a stumbling dope on the single riders staircase cause I can't see a thing. This could really impact how a screen appears to different people.

On another note, I have always hated the fabric screens in the bug room... you can see them waft in the breeze from the train entering. Stone on wafting fabric... I think not. The question I posted a few days ago about something wild about the screens that I never knew. Parts of the screens actually have fake bugs attached to them to enhance the effect. Too many over executed tricks and ideas that instead fail more than they succeed.

^ I will bet you there is a huge difference between one waiting in the regular line and zipping through single riders. Regular gives your eyes time to acclimate to the darkness while single riders don't. I know I am a stumbling dope on the single riders staircase cause I can't see a thing. This could really impact how a screen appears to different people.

On another note, I have always hated the fabric screens in the bug room... you can see them waft in the breeze from the train entering. Stone on wafting fabric... I think not. The question I posted a few days ago about something wild about the screens that I never knew. Parts of the screens actually have fake bugs attached to them to enhance the effect. Too many over executed tricks and ideas that instead fail more than they succeed.

Yeah, I've known about the bugs - and they're painfully obvious once you do know about them.

As for the lighting issue - I call BS partially. The experiences I was describing occurred when I used Express, so I was on the ride in less than 5 minutes every time.

I will be on it again in a few days so I am curious to see what everyone is talking about.

That bit especially. I love the unraveling effect with the rubber scarabs that are actually there falling out of the remains of bodies. But what fails are indeed those dang screens themselves. I hate how frail it looks and they really do waft in the air as the train enters the area. It kills any illusion of the screens being solid. It honestly always makes my mind think back to overhead projectors in public schools.

I took a spin on ROTM today and wanted to share what I noticed.

1. The AA's are in just rough shape so what ever gets budgeted lets hope this is part of it.
2. The Scarab room is just totally off now. The new projected image is extremely bright and life like but it destroys the authenticity and scale of the rest of the room all together. I was lucky enough to get stuck in here due to an issue and watch the scene completely and then reset. What luck right. Teebin as you mentioned the bugs being attached does not enhance the experience. Also I had no idea the fabric screens on the sides were also attached to a pulley that spins the fabric screens in a horizontal direction to give the appearance of the scarabs that are physically attached coming towards you. I will say that if they upgrade all the projectors there is going to be some major work needed to show lighting.
3. In the turntable room the image provided while clearer is to bright and projects a massive amount of light killing the overall effect. You can clearly make out all the walls and even the grooves in the walls. Yeah its that bright.
4. The launch-Well two things, first the audio is out of whack. Before and during the launch all the audio cut in and out. Second, the projection of Imohtep was completely missing and the lighting of the launch tunnel was dim as well. Seems like the LIM's could use an upgrade as well. I swear every time I ride that thing anymore it struggles to get over the top :lol:
5. All the black light effects were working fine during the coaster segments and everything worked during the false unload. The audio was a bit off but its been like that for years now.

Overall I really feel like the Mummy is well deserving of a major upgrade and I look forward to seeing what they end up budgeting to get done. But until the upgrades are finished the attraction itself is in rough shape.

They really need to give Imhotep's mouth some fog again during the launch. I haven't seen that effect work in a whiiiiiile.

This effect worked on both my rides back in April. It was an effect I didn't know existed because it didn't work on my 09' or 10' visits.

Just FYI to add to KK, I have not seen the actual FogBlast out of his mouth for a while as well. It didn't work today. Also to add to my input there are numerous other effects that are not working and some that haven't in what seems like years so I didn't include them.

Rode tonight, and I can report all the same stuff that has been said here recently. Really bright screens in the scarab and rotating rooms. The car feels like it striggles to get over the launch hill. Low audio in the fake unload and at the end of the treasure room. Otherwise everything seemed fine. Both animatronics were working fine :p and there was fog and fire in all the right places. And I agree that our version would benefit from reaching mummy arms at the beginning.

Rode tonight, and I can report all the same stuff that has been said here recently. Really bright screens in the scarab and rotating rooms. The car feels like it striggles to get over the launch hill. Low audio in the fake unload and at the end of the treasure room. Otherwise everything seemed fine. Both animatronics were working fine :p and there was fog and fire in all the right places. And I agree that our version would benefit from reaching mummy arms at the beginning.

Can someone give a brief description of what this particular feature entails in the Hollywood version? I hear about here and there, but have no idea what it is.