Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

Much much nicer than a similar one for a "Project Coin" in 2002...

I'm guessing if Universal is indeed trying to move away from the whole "movie studio" theme in the park, that Singapore's storyline could make it over here eventually.

I was just in the parks last week (first visit!) and RoTM was the first ride I ventured too, having heard so much about it I was itching to check it out; needless to say I loved it! Easily in my top 3 of all time favorites; I can say all four times I rode, everything looked fantastic, although I had not been on it previously so my view may be swayed. In terms of the turntable room and having too much light, it's funny, because the first time I rode it, I remember it looking a bit too bright; however all other times it was very dark. My last night in the park I got the ride all to myself, and sat front and center. Much more thrilling!

I was just in the parks last week (first visit!) and RoTM was the first ride I ventured too, having heard so much about it I was itching to check it out; needless to say I loved it! Easily in my top 3 of all time favorites; I can say all four times I rode, everything looked fantastic, although I had not been on it previously so my view may be swayed. In terms of the turntable room and having too much light, it's funny, because the first time I rode it, I remember it looking a bit too bright; however all other times it was very dark. My last night in the park I got the ride all to myself, and sat front and center. Much more thrilling!

All by yourself?! that would be awesome and spooky.

All by yourself?! that would be awesome and spooky.

Yes! I loved it though, but I also love those movies (Fraser aside) so I was very happy to get the chance to really soak it up all by myself.

Funny thing about that night though, I was told (as I was rushing to get to the entrance at 9:58, the park closed at 10) that I would be the last to ride that night, in a very foreboding tone; but I'll tell you, riding the attraction alone wasn't the scary part, it was going through that entire queue alone, with the low/flickering lighting and eerie sounds that actually got to me. I also loved getting to sit in the front and see Imhotep up close, as well as the heat from the various fire scenes. When I arrived back the TM just froze and looked at me with a dead stare and said "Only one survivor? Pity, usually there are more..exit to your left please.." Loved it.

Yes! I loved it though, but I also love those movies (Fraser aside) so I was very happy to get the chance to really soak it up all by myself.

Funny thing about that night though, I was told (as I was rushing to get to the entrance at 9:58, the park closed at 10) that I would be the last to ride that night, in a very foreboding tone; but I'll tell you, riding the attraction alone wasn't the scary part, it was going through that entire queue alone, with the low/flickering lighting and eerie sounds that actually got to me. I also loved getting to sit in the front and see Imhotep up close, as well as the heat from the various fire scenes. When I arrived back the TM just froze and looked at me with a dead stare and said "Only one survivor? Pity, usually there are more..exit to your left please.." Loved it.
Sounds like a great experience.....We really like the Mummy queue. Even though I always have hotel express, I'll often go through the full queue since it's themed so well.

Please direct me to the conversation if elsewhere, but what is the deal with the turntable scene? Are they ever going to upgrade it or at least return it to the former, darker, better version?

Please direct me to the conversation if elsewhere, but what is the deal with the turntable scene? Are they ever going to upgrade it or at least return it to the former, darker, better version?

ROTM has something up its sleeves… :look:

Anything going on with a possible refurb? I rode it a few times today, I'm not sure if I remember the ride differently or if it was a little out of synch today. During the treasure room, our RV was moving a tad bit faster than usual. The projection started a little late and by the time the fire started, we were pretty much out of the room. Just seemed a little off. This happened a few times today. Also... I feel like those quick stops are getting rougher and rougher.

Still love this ride though. It doesn't get old.

Anything going on with a possible refurb? I rode it a few times today, I'm not sure if I remember the ride differently or if it was a little out of synch today. During the treasure room, our RV was moving a tad bit faster than usual. The projection started a little late and by the time the fire started, we were pretty much out of the room. Just seemed a little off. This happened a few times today. Also... I feel like those quick stops are getting rougher and rougher.

It did that when I rode Saturday. Were they only loading one side when it happened?

It did that when I rode Saturday. Were they only loading one side when it happened?

I do not recall. I wanna say they were loading both. Does the ride have a program to move cars a little quicker through the first part of the ride to get up the capacity or something?

I do not recall. I wanna say they were loading both. Does the ride have a program to move cars a little quicker through the first part of the ride to get up the capacity or something?

I believe so. So i feel like while the car was moving at full cap speed the show elements were timed for half cap speed.

I have had that happen as well, since the ride is fully controlled through the lsm's I'd assume that the speed in the dark ride portion is always the same, so I guess that maybe something is not communicated properly.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the couple of times I experienced this, it was always early in the day, within the first hour of park opening.