Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can't wait to check this out when I go after the crowds have thinned out next week.
Many years ago...before even the IOA preview center...there was the Screen Test "Star Trek Video Adventure" where I worked for about a year.
In it, you could perform in front of a blue screen with James T Kirk and the gang in an all new, very corny, Star Trek mini-episode.
You could then purchase this video on what was called a "VHS tape"
There was also "Your Day at Universal Studios" Which was even cornier.
I'm sure most of you knew this.
Aaanywaay...It looks like they haven't even changed the layout back there... If I remember correctly, there were two studios on the left of that long hallway and four on the right.

I have to say, I like this change a lot. Looks far more grand and classy. Good riddance to that steel mess. If there's more improvements coming, great, but so far we already have an improvement IMO.

From today,

IMG_8621.jpg

IMG_8623.jpg

IMG_8624.jpg

That banner is great. I agree that it now looks much classier and enticing as an entrance. Though, now it looks like we are entering a movie theater, then it goes to a filming set, then it goes to a tomb?

I think it's a real improvement from what it looked like before. I agree. It looks more classy and I think it looks more complete now. I didn't like that structure they had going on at all.

This really turned out to be beautiful. Now in the next day or so when Garfield is gone it will be a lot nicer. But I wouldn't pass on a giant obelisk where Garfield stood.

Video walkthrough of the extended queue:

[video=youtube;VX-YNwz0CnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX-YNwz0CnM[/video]

I already knew the story of this ride just by seeing it explained here, but it wasn't until this last HHN that I actually went through there and saw the base of the story. This will be a good change.