Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

I just got word from a staff member guarding RotM tonight (who was also giving out free jelly beans, which was sweet no pun intended) that the ride will be open tomorrow! If she is right, then wow that was quicker than I thought. Can anyone else confirm this?  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got word from a staff member guarding RotM tonight (who was also giving out free jelly beans, which was sweet no pun intended) that the ride will be open tomorrow! If she is right, then wow that was quicker than I thought. Can anyone else confirm this?  :)

Yup!

We rode twice.  One time, all the animatronics worked.  Second time (which was maybe 30 minutes later), first one didn't.  Not much of a refurb if they're already breaking down!

And incredibly enough, we had to see not one, not two, but three guests manage to bring full sized stuffed backpacks on to the ride, which the ops them made squeeze into the pouches, which took forever.  I don't even think they really fit, but they sent the ride out anyway.  Looks like they need to enforce the lockers a bit better already as well.

Well, this ride was in bad shape today. None of the animatronics were working (first mummy, ceiling hands, or Imhotep). I'm also surprised that, even with the construction going on with the old Mummy Treats structure, they don't even advertise a place where you can get your ride photos elsewhere in the park. Kind of a bummer.

Well, this ride was in bad shape today. None of the animatronics were working (first mummy, ceiling hands, or Imhotep). I'm also surprised that, even with the construction going on with the old Mummy Treats structure, they don't even advertise a place where you can get your ride photos elsewhere in the park. Kind of a bummer.

I rode it at 6:30 today and all the animatronics were working fine. 

From recent photos, it looks like they've just shifted the footprint of the structure back so that it fits more snugly between the entrance and exit of the attraction. I'm wondering if Mummy Treats will actually return. It takes up some valuable space in that tight spot, and there's a Jurassic Park snack stand right across from it beside the Raptor Encounter.