Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Supposedly they'll do 100+ groups in the early morning(according to Blog Mickey)...and then add extra in the evening IF the situation warrants it.
That was incorrect, like I said, they’re just calling the higher number groups given out Backup Boarding Passes. They’re given in order right after regular boarding passes. And backup passes ran out like 20 mins after regular ones this morning according to what I saw.

Blog Mickey clarified what they said earlier

Reactions: Mad Dog
Looks like backup passes were distributed for a whole hour after regular boarding passes ran out. They just stopped handing them out now.

I have no idea. But it does look like they called 5 Backup groups yesterday after all regular groups had been called.

Are there any reports on how the opening of this ride has affected crowds at the other parks? I would expect that MK is pretty busy at this time anyway. Are people park hopping to EPCOT a lot via DS?

Are there any reports on how the opening of this ride has affected crowds at the other parks? I would expect that MK is pretty busy at this time anyway. Are people park hopping to EPCOT a lot via DS?
Not true attendance, only an 'indicator' of, but Epcot's crowd calendar numbers on Touring Plans have generally been low (except for Sunday Dec. 15th), so it doesn't seem like they're getting much more than normal overflow at Epcot. ..MK crowds have been typical for this time of year, high on days with no Mickey's Christmas Party, low end on days where the park closes early for the hard ticket Christmas Party.

Last edited:
Reactions: mainejeff
Not true attendance, only an 'indicator' of, but Epcot's crowd calendar numbers on Touring Plans have generally been low (except for Sunday Dec. 15th), so it doesn't seem like they're getting much more than normal overflow at Epcot. ..MK crowds have been typical for this time of year, high on days with no Mickey's Christmas Party, low end on days where the park closes early for the hard ticket Christmas Party.

We’re still in December quiet season till Friday.

We’re still in December quiet season till Friday.
Yes, I realize that. But that wasn't his question. It concerned opening until now. Basically the other parks stayed pretty much normal for that time of the season according to the only measuring stick available to the public, namely Touring Plans crowd calendar observations......Come Friday, everything will be swamped, like usual. :):lol:

So, it’s 4 PM and they are calling group 89. New format for boarding passes only guarantee up to 107. I’ll be interested to see what they get to today.

Reactions: Tbad556
Are there any reasonably solid projections for what this thing's been putting through in terms of capacity in recent days?
120-ish groups has been around the norm lately, so if we could get a solid number on the amount per group, we’d be able to calculate. So far I haven’t heard any numbers that I fully trust.

Reactions: belloq87
Won’t that just crash the servers?
Also they have said this before and opened up passes early...so I’m sure most
People will be hitting refresh on their phones for 30 mins

Won’t that just crash the servers?
Also they have said this before and opened up passes early...so I’m sure most
People will be hitting refresh on their phones for 30 mins
Yea, but the CM assured me they’re trying this today “for the first time”. We’ll see.

It’ll only be like a 30 min gap between letting in guests and 7, probably.

Also, they said NONE of the rides will be opening until 7. If these things are true, it sounds like this is their way to combat guests showing up at 4am to be first in.

Yea, but the CM assured me they’re trying this today “for the first time”. We’ll see.

It’ll only be like a 30 min gap between letting in guests and 7, probably.

Also, they said NONE of the rides will be opening until 7. If these things are true, it sounds like this is their way to combat guests showing up at 4am to be first in.
Which kills me...

Today is my fourth attempt to ride this dang attraction...(nope...haven’t made it yet...0 for 3)I got here before 5am...the people in line around me are pretty irritated by the notion that it doesn’t matter how early we all showed up...that those that came at 6:45 have just as good a chance as us at 5 am to get boarding passes.

I guess we’ll see how they continue to tweak this...

Reactions: Alicia
Which kills me...

Today is my fourth attempt to ride this dang attraction...(nope...haven’t made it yet...0 for 3)I got here before 5am...the people in line around me are pretty irritated by the notion that it doesn’t matter how early we all showed up...that those that came at 6:45 have just as good a chance as us at 5 am to get boarding passes.

I guess we’ll see how they continue to tweak this...

So they are letting you in the park early, but not opening any rides? So you are basically entering a “cell phone waiting area” until the park opens.

Interesting tactic.

Reactions: Cheezbat
So they are letting you in the park early, but not opening any rides? So you are basically entering a “cell phone waiting area” until the park opens.

Interesting tactic.
Yup. Everyone around me is pissssssed.

Edit:

Last edited: