Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So what did SF do about it? I hope you didn't lay your head down on that mess. Universal and Lowes... this ain't good press. Goodness, you think I am trouble. THIS IS TROUBLE!
Miketheboss said that he at least got comped something for his room. I just had them send me an email saying sorry please let us know if you decide to stay with Loews again in the future and we'll make sure it's a special experience or something like that.

WOW, completely unacceptable. Crazy how two people on this site have had a nasty experience, imagine how many others are having the same issues. This hotel has a huge problem. I want to get in contact with the highest manager possible to talk to them about my experience.

To be fair. The concergie did leave this in my room, when I first went to the front desk, which was thoughtful. It was a case with candy, 2 soda cans and a movie voucher. However the fishy smell didn't go away and nothing was cleaned. I wanted a clean room. So there is a miscommunication amoung departments.

IMG_2433_zpsjs6dunir.jpg

We were there for our anniversary week, stayed 8 nights. They asked us like 6 times when we booked and when we were checking in if it was for any special event. When we checked in they confirmed, oh, you're here for your anniversary, we hope you have a great stay etc..

I had seen other people post little gift baskets like yours for anniversary's or birthdays so I was excited to see if we'd get anything. I'd go into the room every day excited to see if there was any note but there never was. We did have a $20 room service charge for one day on our final bill even though we never ordered anything. I wonder if the concierge put in an order the wrong way and the room service delivery guy just kept it for himself since we weren't in the room

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Miketheboss said that he at least got comped something for his room. I just had them send me an email saying sorry please let us know if you decide to stay with Loews again in the future and we'll make sure it's a special experience or something like that.

LOL - I always love those e-mails. We had an awful experience at a hotel in Washington, PA. We didn't get compensated even though they were well aware of a couple of the issues and when I filled out the survey I told them everything that happened. I got a similar e-mail saying I hope you give us another chance. No way would I ever risk that again. I would rather just stay at a different hotel then giving them "another chance" lol

LOL - I always love those e-mails. We had an awful experience at a hotel in Washington, PA. We didn't get compensated even though they were well aware of a couple of the issues and when I filled out the survey I told them everything that happened. I got a similar e-mail saying I hope you give us another chance. No way would I ever risk that again. I would rather just stay at a different hotel then giving them "another chance" lol

Same here. Had a bad experience in a hotel in Cleveland. Ended up leaving the hotel at 10:30 pm to get another hotel. Still got charged for the room even after the manager email apologizing for everything....

Reactions: Yung1522

Those emails are good as long as the manager that sends them is still at the property. If they have a management change, that email is pretty much worthless.

These stories and pictures are concerning, considering I'll be staying here in less than 3 weeks...

If you see anything that is unacceptable just let a manager know. That is actually doing Universal/Lowes a favor. If I would've stayed quite, the next guests would've experienced something similar.

The managers have been extremely professional so I respect that. The only thing is I was supposed to be comped and they still charged me the original booking price so I need to call and straighten this out.

Don't be worried.

We liked our stay here, like the hotel. Things were not perfect, but nothing that annoyed me or anything.

That is awful what happened to Mike. I can't fathom how it was missed. I wonder if they are servicing rooms on check out day before folks leave or something.

I've stayed at far too many hotels of all sorts of price ranges. I just say this for one issue I had, I could have avoided.

So the sort of not good...we went to the park SAT AM, put the sign on the door that we were out to sea and they could service the room...I mean, we left around 8, had breakfast, went to IOA, stopped at Thoothsome....we got back around 1:30 and the room had not been serviced.

We decided to nap, put the other sign on the door to leave us alone. Took the sign off and headed to HHN around 4ish...our room never got serviced. No biggie..message light on the phone was flashing. Tried to retrieve the message, but the system said there were no messages...called to get it reset (turn the blinking light off)...found out it was housekeeping telling us they didn't service the room.

I didn't put a sign out for the night. Sunday was checkout day...hear a knock at the door at 8 AM..I could have put a sign out. I thought I yelled 'not ready'...another knock, I thought I yelled 'still sleeping'...I get up and start to put pants on and the door openings...oh well.

Leaving the parking garage, the machine says I can't use my room key..again, no biggie, just hit the buzzer, they get my name and room number and let me leave (I was charged parking so not sure what was up with the key.)

But nothing like what Mike experienced and we did have a good stay. So not perfect, but nothing that bothered me.

Leaving the parking garage, the machine says I can't use my room key..again, no biggie, just hit the buzzer, they get my name and room number and let me leave (I was charged parking so not sure what was up with the key.)

But nothing like what Mike experienced and we did have a good stay. So not perfect, but nothing that bothered me.

As far as the parking goes I have had problems no matter where I have stayed onsite. Seems the whole system is hit or miss if the card will work.

I will be there Thursday for 11 nights so I'm looking forward to seeing what the experience is firsthand. Thanks for the report

Reactions: Joel
I didn't put a sign out for the night. Sunday was checkout day...hear a knock at the door at 8 AM..I could have put a sign out. I thought I yelled 'not ready'...another knock, I thought I yelled 'still sleeping'...I get up and start to put pants on and the door openings...oh well.

I would have exploded like a stick of dynamite. The employee would have quit when I got through with them. Lesson: Don't wake me up before I am ready.

Reactions: IzzyB and Joel
As far as the parking goes I have had problems no matter where I have stayed onsite. Seems the whole system is hit or miss if the card will work.

I will be there Thursday for 11 nights so I'm looking forward to seeing what the experience is firsthand. Thanks for the report
Yep. I would venture to say my card doesn't activate the parking arm at least half of the times I use it at Portofino. On going in, when it won't work, the employees have told me to just take a slip and throw it away, since it happens so often. On leaving though, you have to buzz them & they'll open it. I never had a problem at Royal Pacific. And when they're not working at CBBR, they just leave the arms in the open position, so anyone can come in. They really need to get a new vendor to install systems that work better.

I remember similar complaints about CBBR the first couple of months it was open. Even HTF had a bad experience there. Now just about everyone loves CBBR, and it's been at 100% occupancy for all but a handful of weekends since it opened. New hotels, especially those that aren't 5 star level, have growing pains until they work out all the kinks and get the proper procedures and employee supervision details implemented.(The Washington Post just did a review of the new DC Trump Hotel, at $805 a night for the cheapest rooms, and it wasn't very flattering. The writer complained of things left in the room from a previous guest. Valet service that took way too long. Areas of the hotel dirty & unfinished.Hotel nearly empty of paying guests. Non guest tourists wandering around the hotel. And on & on. Plus he saw his $805 a night room advertised on a discount internet site for $375)..... I'm checking in on Sat. at Sapphire & have no doubts everything will work out fine. I've always found that being friendly and smiling to employees gets you the best service and the quickest reaction if there's a problem that needs resolved.

Last edited:

Same thing happend to me. I wonder if it's the same housekeeper.

Don't be discouraged. Unfortunately things like this can happen at any hotel. It's all a mater of how they handle the issue after it's reported. Granted, it seems like this wasn't the response Mike was looking for and he had a legitimate gripe.

Reactions: Joel
Don't be discouraged. Unfortunately things like this can happen at any hotel. It's all a mater of how they handle the issue after it's reported. Granted, it seems like this wasn't the response Mike was looking for and he had a legitimate gripe.

The managers were respectful and professional. I knew it wasn't really there fault. There's only so much they can do. Maybe they need to hire more housekeepers or train them better. I also think there needs to be better communication between departments.

Lets say 100 people have a bad experience, statistically only 10 complain. The other 90 never come back and the business has no idea why. Then those 90 people usually tell 10 people there horrible experience, further damaging the reputation of the company.

I told them what was wrong and hopefully they can correct these issues so other guests have a more enjoyable experience.

If you're going in the near future, I'm positive these issues will be corrected, because I had these managers shook. We live in an era that one picture can seriously damage the reputation of a company and they understood this. They seemed to genuily be upset that this happened to me and that meant a lot.

Another thing, while the bathroom is beautiful, the floor tile wasnt a good choice. Those little hexagon tiles have grey grout in between them, making it easy for stuff to get stuck in between them. So unless housekeeping is getting on all fours and scrubbing the floors, there's no way that grout is 100% clean. That's why hotels usually have just a one piece tub or shower. The bathroom sliding door doesn't have a lock on it either which is weird. Lastly, a lot of water leaks out once you open the shower glass door, leaving water on the floor. These are just some things I think the design department overlooked.

Last edited: