Seasonal Ticket Price Structure? | Inside Universal Forums

Seasonal Ticket Price Structure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Yesterday, @TurkeyLegJeff was taking a survey when this question came across:

CF9ksvTUsAA8ObU.png

In short - A seasonal 1-day ticket pass. The busier the time frame, the more expensive it is.

Thoughts?

Disney vacations require far too much planning already. If adopted, this will make everything even more complicated. You'll need a Master's Degree in Disneyology from Iger University before you start your vacation..........I could understand them doing this on box office single day ticket purchases, but this system is just too way confusing.

I like it.
I hope they do it.
For me I would go in the middle of week for a Few days (bronze).
I can Do Universal with my AP on weekends.
I have not been to Disney since Epcot opened. I am very cheap and with my Universal AP's i can do Universal for under 100.00 a day for two of us.
Room,Tickets,food everything.Disney will run 250.00 to 300.00 a day. I can do 4 days in Orlando for 300.00 or so 4 or 5 times a year.
For Disney that is one 4 day trip once a year for the same money.
Right now with the current pricing I will not go .
I was thinking/planning to get Seaworld/Busch Gardens Pass soon and add a day in Tampa each trip.
So this is good for me and good for them they get more people in on slow days and can charge more for busy days (reducing crowds on busy days )

The problem I see is if all days become busy days because of pricing structure.

Disney vacations require far too much planning already. If adopted, this will make everything even more complicated. You'll need a Master's Degree in Disneyology from Iger University before you start your vacation..........I could understand them doing this on box office single day ticket purchases, but this system is just too way confusing.

I sorta agree with this, but then again - there are countless tourists that get upset that the parks are crowded when they go; because you know, Memorial Day Weekend should be slow.....

So if this is indeed coming, it'll at least give them a heads up.

I sorta agree with this, but then again - there are countless tourists that get upset that the parks are crowded when they go; because you know, Memorial Day Weekend should be slow.....

So if this is indeed coming, it'll at least give them a heads up.

Well those looking for the slower times will just start booking those dates until they also become popular. At that point, WDW can justify raising the prices across the board because now everytime will be busy.

Well those looking for the slower times will just start booking those dates until they also become popular. At that point, WDW can justify raising the prices across the board because now everytime will be busy.

I think your overestimating the crowd dispersal that would happen. Offseason hotel pricing is way more of a "deal", and has done nothing to spread crowds around.

It's easy to think that, but Disney World has been in operation for 40+ plus years now, and Peak/Non-Peak hasn't really changed. Either because of ignorance, or they have no choice (jobs, school, etc).

I think your overestimating the crowd dispersal that would happen. Offseason hotel pricing is way more of a "deal", and has done nothing to spread crowds around.

It's easy to think that, but Disney World has been in operation for 40+ plus years now, and Peak/Non-Peak hasn't really changed. Either because of ignorance, or they have no choice (jobs, school, etc).

Fair enough.

It is a bit aggravating that the lowest price is the current price, though.

They already do this with hotels.. food.. I guess tickets would be the next logical step to further increase revenue during peak times, although I don't think this will disperse crowds any further at all.

But it almost makes no sense with the type of discounting they do for Florida Residents. There are so many people I know visiting Disney recently and, without even asking, they'll say the reason they're deciding to go is the 3-day $139 ticket and what a great deal it is.

Fair enough.

It is a bit aggravating that the lowest price is the current price, though.

You have to remember that screenshot is from a survey asking "If this was the ticket price what would you do ? "

I saw a different screenshot asking a different question with lower prices Gold was current gate bronze was discounted highly.

The pricing is not a done deal yet.

I wonder how complex Disney can make a day in an amusement park?

I don't know but I was able to snag a 5pm reservation for the Frontierland Churro Cart on Thanksgiving weekend. We might want a snack then. Thank God.