Seasonal Ticket Price Structure? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Seasonal Ticket Price Structure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Love this idea, always wondered why they didn't do this (speaking from a business perspective, I dont buy 1-day tickets so I couldnt care less either way). I don't see what's complicated about paying the price they tell you to pay for a certain day. They aren't asking you to negotiate with them. And the suckers who are out of the loop enough to buy 1-day tickets in the first place probably won't even know there's a difference in pricing.

The survey also had multi day stays. And the bad thing was if only 1 day of a 7 day vacation was on the next level , then you had to pay the rates for the higher level every day. As you said, I really have no problem if they do it on a 1 day ticket according to how busy the projection is. But the survey insinuated that you would have to declare the exact days in advance you were visiting on a long term vacation, and then figure out that you would be paying the higher rate, even though all the days weren't at that level. Also, if you look at the survey calendar, nearly any vacation dates, with the exception of a very very few weeks, would require higher rates for any stay more than 5 days. Way too complicated.

Nah, this isn't more complex. Just because there are certain situations where on a 5 day stay, you would have to pay 3 different prices for a day in the parks doesn't make planning a vacation more tedious. Nope. Then after that start making the ADRs. Then FP+s. All for 5 magical days of "@$#%&$&$& Kids, hurry up! we have (ADR, FP+, etc.) across the (park, resort, 11 miles away at AKL).

So 6 different ticket prices for one day in a Disney park. 3 different prices for the MK. 3 different prices for the other 3 parks. Throw in the flat rate park hopper option.

For those saying this isn't complex, exactly how much more complex would it have to be for you to say "Wow, this is pretty complex to buy an amusement park ticket"?

Just read this WSJ article and find that it's conclusions are pretty much bogus. In 1971, there were two parents in most homes and only one of them worked... one income. Today that is not generally the case.

WDW was considered a major save-for experience back in 71, or an experience for the upper side of the middle class. It's always been that way and it still is.

This article would have one think the sky is falling.

How theme parks like Disney World left the middle class behind
How theme parks like Disney World left the middle class behind - The Washington Post

---

I haven't been to Disney in a few years, but I recall one year going to two Not so Scary parties, the one that was a weekday and had a deal for pass holders was far more crowded than the night we went when they didn't offer a discount of around $10 was much more manageable.

I noticed the same thing last year when we went to HHN the 2nd week. I think I recall feeling that the Saturday was the least busiest night (more expensive as a single day ticket, not included in some of the pass options that cover the whole event).

I wonder if going to a strategy like this is an attempt to move enough people to mid week that the weekend customers can have an experience that feels less crowded.

I could see folks looking to go in a bronze time just because they think it will be less crowded. Funny thing I noticed at Disney some time back is that if they projected a day to be busy, things flowed better as everything was running to handle a busy day, while in slower times, rides had one side running, less logs, boats, trains on the tracks.

I dunno, this sort of looks like a way to try and say they aren't raising prices as there still is an option that cost the same as this year much like they did when the 'my way' options came out.

Touring Plans just announced they're making major change adjustments to their crowd calendar statistical formula in 2017, since Disney lines times have increased dramatically even though attendance hasn't. My guess is that Disney has adjusted their staffing downward to the attendance levels, and that, combined with FP+, has knocked the old models out of sync. For the past year TP actual daily crowd levels have been like every day has peak or close to peak crowds, which isn't reflected in actual attendance. Good to see that TP is finally making a major adjustment, since there's been a ton of customer complaints about unexpected long stand by lines. I guess long stand by lines are the new norm at Disney.

Touring Plans just announced they're making major change adjustments to their crowd calendar statistical formula in 2017, since Disney lines times have increased dramatically even though attendance hasn't. My guess is that Disney has adjusted their staffing downward to the attendance levels, and that, combined with FP+, has knocked the old models out of sync. For the past year TP actual daily crowd levels have been like every day has peak or close to peak crowds, which isn't reflected in actual attendance. Good to see that TP is finally making a major adjustment, since there's been a ton of customer complaints about unexpected long stand by lines. I guess long stand by lines are the new norm at Disney.

It is odd. Outside of Pirates and Haunted mansion I haven't seen a ton of changes the times I go. I do think that while attendance as a whole has not gone up, I think certain months have gone down and certain months have gone up. Crowd levels seem to be evening out as some schools are moving to year round, home schooling is becoming more popular, and some parents are more willing to pull their kids out for vacations. So I do think that with FP added to more rides is causing issues with planning. However, I haven't had to adjust too many things to enjoy my day. Avoid mid-afternoon at all costs is still a good rule lol