Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if it's still in development, and the USH rumored site is more prepared for ground breaking than the IOA one... is it possible USH may actually get SLoP first?

It wouldn't be a shock that USH gets it first, due to the summer crowds and the fact that it'd probably be the only attraction for USH that year.

USH is gonna be loaded the next couple of years.. They need capacity and they need it yesterday...

If your implying that two additions will be added to USH for the next few years (ala 2015) after potter, then I can really agree with you there. But, it is still USH as it has its slower times of construction..excluding Springfield and F&F (in a way).

I think it is worth the risk for UNI to get started on plans for a ride based on this franchise. I feel they were way behind in getting merchandise out for the first Dispicable Me, Illumination has proven themselves with DM and the Minions, then if you start thinking about what happened with Disney and Frozen...add in that Comcast wants to us it's parks to build franchise synergies...I just think this is a step in the right direction for them.

Even if the movie somehow does not work out, I think the ride is still a step to help balance the park and something I look forward to.

I think it is worth the risk for UNI to get started on plans for a ride based on this franchise. I feel they were way behind in getting merchandise out for the first Dispicable Me, Illumination has proven themselves with DM and the Minions, then if you start thinking about what happened with Disney and Frozen...add in that Comcast wants to us it's parks to build franchise synergies...I just think this is a step in the right direction for them.

Even if the movie somehow does not work out, I think the ride is still a step to help balance the park and something I look forward to.
I don't think you can say they've "proven" themselves with DM and Minions. DM was good, but DM2 was a disappointment and Minions was just a spinoff for the same fanbase/audience. Minions was a fairly shameless movie, only made for merchandising purposes.

As a matter of fact, 3 out of their 5 released films have a 54% Rotten Tomatoes score or less (Hop - 25, Lorax - 54 and Minions - 54).

"If the movie doesn't work out, the ride will be okay".....How come so many people say this? I don't think so In my opinion. If that's the case, then BoxTrolls would make a hellovuh an attraction! That is too real of a statement to be true is it not?
At Any rate I think there is absolutely no way Secret Life of Pets Flop.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
"If the movie doesn't work out, the ride will be okay".....How come so many people say this? I don't think so In my opinion. If that's the case, then BoxTrolls would make a hellovuh an attraction! That is too real of a statement to be true is it not?
At Any rate I think there is absolutely no way Secret Life of Pets Flop.
That Van Helsing ride would have still been bad ass.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
It totally would tho. All the Laika properties would make awesome dark rides.

Especially with Boxtrolls, you can very well retheme Popeyes with it and it could work damn well.

My main hope for the eventual Toon Lagoon re-branding is that Universal uses Lakia and not just Illumination. I don't care if theres a minions dark ride, I'd want a Coraline dark ride so bad. It is the perfect IP to do a Transformers/FJ Esque dark ride and you can get everyone from that film to be involved in a way.

Hell, I will always confess that Coraline is my dream IP for if they do a Universal Animated area, strictly due to the endless possibilities you can do. And especially at night, you can do amazing things to the façade of it aswell for a Dark ride.

That being said, back to TSLoP for me, I'm really fasincated to see how Universal Tackles this, both technologically and on the physical elements to it aswell. Its something I can not wait for and I can't wait to see the end-game for it.

Saying Spider-Man is set in New York so it'll match well with this is a pretty big stretch in my opinion lol. I'm not saying it'll make a bad ride or it's a bad idea to put this in the parks. It'll be a great ride and it's a genius decision to put this in the parks. I just think it doesn't scream islands to me (would fit a billion times better at the studios) and it just sounds crazy for a movie with its second "trailer" out today, to get this big of an announcement so soon. If all goes as you all are saying, this is exactly what the resort needs. Another marketable, Family friendly ride with little screen involvement to break the repetitiveness of the parks soon to be recent additions. It's awesome

Especially with Boxtrolls, you can very well retheme Popeyes with it and it could work damn well.

My main hope for the eventual Toon Lagoon re-branding is that Universal uses Lakia and not just Illumination. I don't care if theres a minions dark ride, I'd want a Coraline dark ride so bad. It is the perfect IP to do a Transformers/FJ Esque dark ride and you can get everyone from that film to be involved in a way.

Hell, I will always confess that Coraline is my dream IP for if they do a Universal Animated area, strictly due to the endless possibilities you can do. And especially at night, you can do amazing things to the façade of it aswell for a Dark ride.

That being said, back to TSLoP for me, I'm really fasincated to see how Universal Tackles this, both technologically and on the physical elements to it aswell. Its something I can not wait for and I can't wait to see the end-game for it.
UNI does need a good "haunted attraction" ride. That film was dark!

I don't think you can say they've "proven" themselves with DM and Minions. DM was good, but DM2 was a disappointment and Minions was just a spinoff for the same fanbase/audience. Minions was a fairly shameless movie, only made for merchandising purposes.

As a matter of fact, 3 out of their 5 released films have a 54% Rotten Tomatoes score or less (Hop - 25, Lorax - 54 and Minions - 54).

I get what you are saying, but I was thinking more along the lines of building a franchise. With the Minions, they created love able characters that have created a merchandise machine.

Heck, Star Wars doesn't seem to have been hurt by folks thinking poorly of the prequels. I think Lucas always wanted more movies, but just couldn't take the criticism from folks they felt they knew more about the universe he created than he did.

Folks love animals, much like their love of dinosaurs, fast cars, Wizards....I just feel that if Illumination was able to get us to love the personalities of the Minions, they should have no problem getting us to fall for personalities they create for pets...which can then make for merch sales...which they can be cross promoted by creating a fun theme park inviorment for the whole family...I just see it more as UNI starting to focus more on their own brands as opposed to paying to promote IP's they do not own.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I get what you are saying, but I was thinking more along the lines of building a franchise. With the Minions, they created love able characters that have created a merchandise machine.

Heck, Star Wars doesn't seem to have been hurt by folks thinking poorly of the prequels. I think Lucas always wanted more movies, but just couldn't take the criticism from folks they felt they knew more about the universe he created than he did.

Folks love animals, much like their love of dinosaurs, fast cars, Wizards....I just feel that if Illumination was able to get us to love the personalities of the Minions, they should have no problem getting us to fall for personalities they create for pets...which can then make for merch sales...which they can be cross promoted by creating a fun theme park inviorment for the whole family...I just see it more as UNI starting to focus more on their own brands as opposed to paying to promote IP's they do not own.
Oh, I think this movie will do big numbers no doubt. Illumination and Laika are both great young companies, but there's still a ways to go before they are even mentioned alongside the likes of Pixar or Disney Feature Animation. And when I say this, I simply mean it in terms of they need to prove that they can put out hit after hit, and high quality at that.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Status
Not open for further replies.