Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus there is a big difference between an airplane tragedy (reality) and a helicopter crash due to a zombie outbreak (fantasy).

True, but try explaining that difference to the people who complained so loudly about Knott's Haunt VR experience not being sensitive to those with mental health issues, and got it shut down.

Sadly, a lot of people can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy, and they complain pretty loud.

IF this rumor is true about TWD being replaced by a separate attraction, I think Chris' theory might be the outcome. I don't see it working practically in just the space of the Globe.

IF this rumor is true about TWD being replaced by a separate attraction, I think Chris' theory might be the outcome. I don't see it working practically in just the space of the Globe.

My theory is that TWD will remain intact and Parisian Courtyard will be removed along with Mel's Diner.

Why not both!? Honestly, Pets does NOT need to be a huge 10min long ride. The movie was a terrible animated Homeward Bound wannabe. And somehow a deleted scene from Sausage Party found its way into the movie. I'd say a "land" is probably more likely.

Here's the problem... half their films are DM. Literally. The other 4- PETS, Lorax, Sing & HOP. Soon the unnecessary trainwreck Grinch film. 3 of the existing films are getting a sequel :puke:

DreamWorks has better variety (and films). It gets a 4D theatre... woo. :rolleyes:

It really is a shame Universal can't buy Laika because their 4 films are far superior & underrated compared to Illumination. (And I'm not even a fan of Coraline, my allegiance is ParaNorman :exclap:). Easily 4 great rides/realms to be tapped. :'(

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Why not both!? Honestly, Pets does NOT need to be a huge 10min long ride. The movie was a terrible animated Homeward Bound wannabe. And somehow a deleted scene from Sausage Party found its way into the movie. I'd say a "land" is probably more likely.

Here's the problem... half their films are DM. Literally. The other 4- PETS, Lorax, Sing & HOP. Soon the unnecessary trainwreck Grinch film. 3 of the existing films are getting a sequel :puke:

DreamWorks has better variety (and films). It gets a 4D theatre... woo. :rolleyes:

It really is a shame Universal can't buy Laika because their 4 films are far superior & underrated compared to Illumination. (And I'm not even a fan of Coraline, my allegiance is ParaNorman :exclap:). Easily 4 great rides/realms to be tapped. :'(
The last version of SLOP, and I don't know if they changed it again, came in at just about 4 minutes run time. It had a pretty small footprint with it's ride on the second level and queue and preshows on the first level.

The last version of SLOP, and I don't know if they changed it again, came in at just about 4 minutes run time. It had a pretty small footprint with it's ride on the second level and queue and preshows on the first level.

My decision is based on the size of plot needed for that design in the Lower Lot. In order for that exact ride design to fit in the Upper Lot, it will need to remove Globe Theater, Mel's Diner, Parisian Courtyard, Palace Theater, and Mulligan's Pub. That is a nearly exact size copy of what SLoP was originally intended for the SS28 plot.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Is that actual ride time? Or including pre-show as well because pre-shows are technically part of the experience.

The original ride time was total about 4 minutes entirely on the 2nd floor. Preshow would be4 minutes on the 1st floor as well as all queue space plus gift shop. There was also an alternative to adding a restaurant near the entrance and exit of the ride.

Is that actual ride time? Or including pre-show as well because pre-shows are technically part of the experience.
That was actual ride time. A couple seconds short of 4 minutes. It had very high capacity also, apx. 1900 hr. max. Pre show with AA's was on the first level and kind of similar in length to Shrek's pre show. But, as I said, I don't know if it's been changed in the past months since they had the change in location from below. They were also utilizing a basement level for queue overflow in the Hollywood version, but that was probably predicated on the first location, thus I don't know if that's still being utilized. They could have made substantial changes if they don't utilize the space like Chris is saying.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Someone left a comment on my latest YouTube video (where I mentioned SLoP as a possible new ride for Hollywood) and they said it will be an omnimover. Not something I’ve heard before, but thought I’d share it here:

I've talke to someone on the USH creative team, and he did confirm that they are using the Globe Theatre for the Secret Life of Pets Dark ride. It will use an omnimover system, and be a shooter dark ride where the cars never stop (Even at the loading platform, for capacity.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Magic-Man
Someone left a comment on my latest YouTube video (where I mentioned SLoP as a possible new ride for Hollywood) and they said it will be an omnimover. Not something I’ve heard before, but thought I’d share it here:

I've talke to someone on the USH creative team, and he did confirm that they are using the Globe Theatre for the Secret Life of Pets Dark ride. It will use an omnimover system, and be a shooter dark ride where the cars never stop (Even at the loading platform, for capacity.)

I...huh...so they'd test out the Omnimover system with Yoshi and Pet's for 2020? That'd...be an interesting combination.

Not buying it though, but that'd be..quite different for USH, given the odds.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I'm going to be so sad if Pets doesn't end up being a trackless dark ride... I've wanted a "Mystic Manor/Pooh's Hunny Hunt" style attraction in the states for ages now!
I really hope it’s still being planned as a trackless, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s been changed again.

Whether to fit the new sized plot, to save money, or even just to involve new stories/characters from the sequel, I’m sure it’s different than the version we’ve heard about prior.

That was actual ride time. A couple seconds short of 4 minutes. It had very high capacity also, apx. 1900 hr. max.

This has me question the attraction ever being a trackless ride system. Although I don't have the exact numbers for other trackless rides, they're definitely not as efficient. This high of a capacity seems more logical for an Omnimover… unless each ride vehicle can fit a family of 20..

Status
Not open for further replies.