Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I detest dark rides with cardboard cut outs. I can see that at home. I like the ones with depth and ones that don't have a lot of empty walls or spaces, ones that you can see things off in the distance...ones that you can see something different every time you ride. That's why I'm hoping SLOP ends up more like that, and less like Pooh and Cat in the Hat.

Agreed. I have high hopes for this ride. Rumors have been going for awhile we will get more family friendly stuff and really the only thing added that was family friendly was HE and a spinner that I think is more kiddie than family. So I am hoping between this and Nintendo we get the real family friendly stuff. Family Coaster, family dark rides, etc.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I detest dark rides with cardboard cut outs. I can see that at home. I like the ones with depth and ones that don't have a lot of empty walls or spaces, ones that you can see things off in the distance...ones that you can see something different every time you ride. That's why I'm hoping SLOP ends up more like that, and less like Pooh and Cat in the Hat.

You have Alice in Wonderland and Mister Toad's Wild Ride at home? Man, you're lucky!

Reactions: Clive and Quint
Nah, we had something better. Scooby Doo's Haunted Mansion.:lol:
Good point. Even back when Walt built Disneyland, there were many dark ride attractions in amusement parks throughout the US that were equal to, if not better, than some of the Disneyland stuff. Most of them were torn down because the parks closed or the parks updated their offerings. First time I went to WDW in 2003 I was really let down by the quality of the Fantasyland dark rides. My expectations were high because I always thought, since it was Disney, they would have been far superior to the ones I experienced in my earlier years. I was totally taken aback when I realized they weren't any better, only the themes were different.

Skip is on fire tonight, I seriously have no idea how any of you can say pan is better than Snow White. You can't deny white had better audio, animatronics and a way easier story to follow than pan ever could. Also there were like 2 cut outs in that ride that both surved a tiny purpose of atmosphere, cut it some slack lol. Also the original version of Snow White in Florida was absolutely terrible, they did the right thing in upgrading it and they should've done the same thing with pan.

Also you can get cut out dark rides at home? Unless you went through the effort of painstakingly painting and creating each individual character, I'm sorry but no you can't lol. However you can get simulators at home, just find the ride film on YouTube and a rolly chair. Turn off the lights at the right times and get a bucket of water to dump on your head at the right time. It's like you are really there, simulating a simulator

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
:)
Skip is on fire tonight, I seriously have no idea how any of you can say pan is better than Snow White. You can't deny white had better audio, animatronics and a way easier story to follow than pan ever could. Also there were like 2 cut outs in that ride that both surved a tiny purpose of atmosphere, cut it some slack lol. Also the original version of Snow White in Florida was absolutely terrible, they did the right thing in upgrading it and they should've done the same thing with pan.

Also you can get cut out dark rides at home? Unless you went through the effort of painstakingly painting and creating each individual character, I'm sorry but no you can't lol. However you can get simulators at home, just find the ride film on YouTube and a rolly chair. Turn off the lights at the right times and get a bucket of water to dump on your head at the right time. It's like you are really there, simulating a simulator
Marty was referring to parks back home, not his house itself, hence Scooby Do as an example.:)

I hate to be one to say this; but hasn't this thread now gone way out of topic?

That said, I am very interested to see how long it takes for this ride to be built from start to finish, atleast; for Hollywoods sake.

Actually, many a childhood memory of mine includes strapping people into office chairs with a belt and simulating theme park attractions. :ears:

Reactions: Cole
Actually, many a childhood memory of mine includes strapping people into office chairs with a belt and simulating theme park attractions. :ears:
Mine too!!! I actually used to take sheets of poster paper, draw characters on them and hang them around the house. I would then take a little sibling and wheel them around on a office chair and ride them around. it was so much fun, oh childhood lol
In defence of The Cat In The Hat, the large, open and spare style is surely as much of a creative choice as a budgetary one. It reflects the illustrations in the book perfectly.
cant agree more. I think the only thing they need to update within this ride is the animatronics and that awful CGI cat. The sets, sound and feel of it is all so spot on

Reactions: Ryan
cant agree more. I think the only thing they need to update within this ride is the animatronics and that awful CGI cat. The sets, sound and feel of it is all so spot on
You're right, that CGI cat is awful and doesn't match the rest of the ride. But seriously, until you all tell me that they've gone back to the original ride programming, I think I've taken my last spin on Cat in the Hat.

Reactions: Mike S and Cole
Yep, the animatronics and animation are the only things needed. The style of the ride perfectly mimics stepping into the pages of Dr. Seuss in a way I've never really seen mimicked before.

Reactions: Mike S and Cole
The cgi cat is easily the most outdated thing in the park, I absolutely despise that thing. They should've made it 2D or something to better fit the storybook theme. I'm fine with the spinning being reduced only because it means more children can ride. The ride is for kids, let's them have it

The cgi cat is easily the most outdated thing in the park, I absolutely despise that thing. They should've made it 2D or something to better fit the storybook theme. I'm fine with the spinning being reduced only because it means more children can ride. The ride is for kids, let's them have it

It's not like they lowered the height restriction, did they? It just stopped spinning and I have to wear a full body net because kids were flying out apparently? :lol:

My mom too my daughter to see the panda movie and my daughter saw the preview for Slop and my mom said she couldn't stop talking about it and wants to see it lol. I knew she would before she ever saw the preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.