Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit more from @Aaron

Allow me to fill in..some incite (as I should be somewhat fine to speak on this).

As of right now, this and Nintendo are 24/7. They want to get Pet's done as fast as they can, and it shouldn't be surprising that we are going to see this sucker go up quick.

It's a 2020 attraction. There is no mistaking that, but I do think this is going to be a fascinating project for day to day changes from just an exterior perspective.

I still would not rule out December 2019. Remember, foundation work is done, the track is already completely laid out as far as we can tell and the queue is supposedly going into TWD. Most of the heavy, time consuming ground work is already complete and this building is going up quick.

If not, then it will def be an early 2020 ride. I guess it just depends on how extensive they want "illumination land" to be.

I still would not rule out December 2019. Remember, foundation work is done, the track is already completely laid out as far as we can tell and the queue is supposedly going into TWD. Most of the heavy, time consuming ground work is already complete and this building is going up quick.

I could see if they go in the direction that I think they might; softing the attraction in the hell-week of the holiday's, and then opening it in February of 2020.

That way, it gives them time to work out the kinks of the system, especially if it'll be the first of two variants of the ride system being implemented by Universal for the 2020 season.

EDIT: That said, I wouldn't be shocked; if we see it more in the spring. Especially, if they are keeping the level of quality for the practical figures the same, I would assume that'd mean that they would want to take a bit more time with it..

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150
My information may very well be out of date, but I am not under the impression Walking Dead is going under the knife for this, as a queue or otherwise. The plan has always been queue & shop on floor one of the base building, which hasn't changed, as far as I know.

Now, Walking Dead going under the knife... generally... has been up in the air ever since Dark Universe fell apart.

My information may very well be out of date, but I am not under the impression Walking Dead is going under the knife for this, as a queue or otherwise. The plan has always been queue & shop on floor one of the base building, which hasn't changed, as far as I know.

Now, Walking Dead going under the knife... generally... has been up in the air ever since Dark Universe fell apart.

Should we expect Walking Dead to go under the knife relatively soon?

Any chance this ride's queue system ends up being something similar to Fallon's? The space they have doesnt look like it'd house much

Any chance this ride's queue system ends up being something similar to Fallon's? The space they have doesnt look like it'd house much
I had the same thought a while ago and I think that's exactly what they're gonna do. They know it works, and it saves on real estate. Just slap down a couple of kiosks at the entrance and you can cut your queue requirements down to almost nothing.

Reactions: chris.g
Any chance this ride's queue system ends up being something similar to Fallon's?

No, because there's already visible track being layed. It looks omni-mover.

Very outdated info, that was more or less the plan when the ride was planned adjacent to Transformers and had a completely different ride system.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
He said ride queue system. Not sure why an omni-mover can't have a similar "return time" queue system.

Ah my bad. Alex is right. The point of omni-movers is to increase capacity so a virtual line wouldn't make sense or would bog the ride system's potential down. I think they want this ride to be the USH equivalent of Little Mermaid, just consistent consuming of guest with a relatively low wait time.

No, because there's already visible track being layed. It looks omni-mover.

Very outdated info, that was more or less the plan when the ride was planned adjacent to Transformers and had a completely different ride system.

I'm aware of the ride system change. I'm still unaware of any plans to nix Walking Dead for a queue for this and think we'd know at this point if that were coming.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Status
Not open for further replies.