Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why can't both USH and USF get both? It's not like Disney where people try to go to multiple resorts. USF and USH are almost identical, so at this point I'd rather major projects go to both parks rather than there be a single ride that's only at USH/USF, which is not enough to get me to go to the other resort but something I'd want to ride nonetheless.

Best solution: SLoP still gets its big dark ride at both parks. Then both parks also get a Sing animatronic show, like CBJ but with the characters from this movie. UOR gets them both in Toon Lagoon and USH could either place it near SLoP or give them a Shrek replacement.

While its easy to make every park the same, there are other factors that come into play. Lets say every single Universal animated film becomes a huge hit, with the exception of USH, the other parks are landlocked at the current moment. They have to pick and choose which ones will go to which park rather than say oh lets give it to all the parks and then realize oh I'm landlocked.

Also, IoA lacks a decent show. I remember that was something many people on this forum have said before. If this can give IoA a show then good.

That's probably why it may be an attraction that's exclusive to each coast. They need to distance away from eachother, to add incentive to why they should go to both resorts, or atleast; that's why I get what they may be doing..
I dunno, a single ride would be way too little for that. With how much that's being cloned, any exclusive rides at this point would be "too little, too late." IMO, at least.

I call full BS on this SING rumor. The movie doesn't translate to a theme park nearly as well as SLOP and most people that go to see movies aren't people at film festivals. If Universal fails to produce an enticing trailer for the movie, I still doubt it's supposed huge success.

Last edited:
I call full BS on this SING rumor. The movie doesn't translate to a theme park nearly as well as SLOP and most people that go to see movies aren't people at film festivals. If Universal fails to produce an enticing trailer for the movie, I still doubt it's supposed huge success.

But festival people are a lot harsher towards animated films than the GP. :saywhat: And also despite what we say on here, the trailer have been getting great responses surprisingly. While most people on here may find it underwhelming, the people of the great beyond find it entertaining.

There have been films before that have had terrible marketing but rather good films in the past so I wouldn't hold it out to wait till critic response..that being said,

I dunno, a single ride would be way too little for that. With how much that's being cloned, any exclusive rides at this point would be "too little, too late." IMO, at least.

Perhaps, but it's something to keep in mind considering that they may be taking similar course to Nintendoland in potential exclusivity and looking at the Hogsmeades, they have all had noticeable differences from each-other.

Would that mean that it'd make sense to do it now? Yes. There are many show's/attractions at all of the parks (even including Osaka and Sentosa) due to that even as they could have potentially different experiences, it's still the same core attraction for the most part.

My point is to wait, as it could play out as that Sing and SLoP aren't exclusive due to specific reasons; but you need to diversify your resort portfolio in several ways to make it unique (USH's studio tour can't do that itself in their case). We've had atleast the possibility to expect SLoP as a timed exclusive for USH, but it would make sense to keep it exclusive mainly for giving the park an identity and giving something unique to the SoCal market.

Eh, they had the opportunity to create a new attraction for Harry Potter over there and they instead went with a clone... and those opened six years apart. I don't think Secret Life of Pets is the type of IP you want to only have in one resort because NOW you want to start having exclusive attractions.

It could be a budget issue. SLoP is too far down the pipeline at USH and has become too expensive of an attraction. But, USH is stuck with it or they risk losing a lot of prep money. Yet, IoA hasn't started the ride yet, so they can get something cheaper to compensate.

At some point, USH may be getting the bulk of Comcast's budget to help them compete better with Disneyland. Sadly enough, it's a lot easier to compete with Disney World at this point...

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It could be a budget issue. SLoP is too far down the pipeline at USH and has become too expensive of an attraction. But, USH is stuck with it or they risk losing a lot of prep money. Yet, IoA hasn't started the ride yet, so they can get something cheaper to compensate.

At some point, USH may be getting the bulk of Comcast's budget to help them compete better with Disneyland. Sadly enough, it's a lot easier to compete with Disney World at this point...
Universal could have started on SLoP at UO long ago. I wonder if someone was holding out for Sing?

As for budget, as long as the return continues to be there Comcast can afford to spend at both resorts. There is a long term plan at UO that covers all aspects of the resort. Slowing down on improvements could interfere with that plan, so I doubt they would do so. Besides, the potential of investment return in much higher in Orlando due to more to do, on site hotels and twice as many visitors to WDW than DL.

Reactions: Mike S