Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is this your opinion that SLoP is being cancelled or you have heard this? It would be very surprising to see this project cancelled when the movie did so well.

Unless... merch sales were lower than expected? But I really can't see them not moving into the parks. It's such a no-brainer and the sequel is already set for 2018 release.

Let me rephrase....not coming to Orlando as in cancelled. Still going to Hollywood. This is based off something Meledandri was saying recently how SING was a personal project and he wanted it to be huge more so than anything else in many different areas.

Unless... merch sales were lower than expected? But I really can't see them not moving into the parks. It's such a no-brainer and the sequel is already set for 2018 release.
I saw people winning the characters as prizes but I didn't see much being sold or worn.

I hate to see the Toon Lagoon theater used for a ride based on a singing competition. Sigh. :ack:

I saw people winning the characters as prizes but I didn't see much being sold or worn.

I hate to see the Toon Lagoon theater used for a ride based on a singing competition. Sigh. :ack:

Unless it's not a ride at all. I honestly wouldn't mind an animatronic singing show for it a la Mickey Mouse Revue and Country Bears. Yeah, I said it. Come at me.

Unless it's not a ride at all. I honestly wouldn't mind an animatronic singing show for it a la Mickey Mouse Revue and Country Bears. Yeah, I said it. Come at me.

Funny enough, I am just posting this as a possibility..

what if they replace the entire Ampatheatre with something more like a higher end Country Bear type attraction with a larger theatre, multiple animatronics, high tech effects and screen based imagery? Think an version of T23D without actors and all within one location.

Funny enough, I am just posting this as a possibility..

what if they replace the entire Ampatheatre with something more like a higher end Country Bear type attraction with a larger theatre, multiple animatronics, high tech effects and screen based imagery? Think an version of T23D without actors and all within one location.

Would work well with what people are saying with a full fledge amphitheatre as i'm guessing more like a singalong but more concert like than the Frozen one.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I believe this is the trailer I saw the other day (before the special screening of Willy Wonka):

It got a HUGE reaction in the theater, and the crowd was mostly adults.

I just don't see it that way. People in character suits performing to track? Actors singing live vocals? No matter what you choose it just doesn't add up to something appealing to me.

I think SLoP is a better attraction concept for a park.

Hence why I made the point of an attraction that is a T2 without actors but a high amount of practical effects and low amounts of screen based imagery (Including multiple Animatronics, Musion, Full on Screenz).

Last edited:
Reactions: quinnmac000
I also think most of you are thinking small when it comes down to a musically based attraction due to what Disney has done with theirs.

I'm seeing more Carousel of Progress type ride system but modernized with the ability to elevate the rows off the ground and the usage of AAs, Screens, laser lights, water screens, and all the traditional concert tricks as you go on the carousel. I also see it more than just being a basic singalong as there is an emotional aspect to this film to pull at heartstrings.

As much as SLOP makes a good concept, the thing with SLOP is outside of Gidget and Chloe, I don't really care about any of the other pets.

SING would be a good fit for the Fear Factor theater. Talk of Ministry of Magic has kind of disappeared for that venue. A musical could work well there. And HHN people would still have their venue for Bill & Ted.

Why can't both USH and USF get both? It's not like Disney where people try to go to multiple resorts. USF and USH are almost identical, so at this point I'd rather major projects go to both parks rather than there be a single ride that's only at USH/USF, which is not enough to get me to go to the other resort but something I'd want to ride nonetheless.

Best solution: SLoP still gets its big dark ride at both parks. Then both parks also get a Sing animatronic show, like CBJ but with the characters from this movie. UOR gets them both in Toon Lagoon and USH could either place it near SLoP or give them a Shrek replacement.

Why can't both USH and USF get both? It's not like Disney where people try to go to multiple resorts. USF and USH are almost identical, so at this point I'd rather major projects go to both parks rather than there be a single ride that's only at USH/USF, which is not enough to get me to go to the other resort but something I'd want to ride nonetheless.

Best solution: SLoP still gets its big dark ride at both parks. Then both parks also get a Sing animatronic show, like CBJ but with the characters from this movie. UOR gets them both in Toon Lagoon and USH could either place it near SLoP or give them a Shrek replacement.

That's probably why it may be an attraction that's exclusive to each coast. They need to distance away from eachother, to add incentive to why they should go to both resorts, or atleast; that's why I get what they may be doing..