Security Scanners Coming to Disney, SeaWorld, and Universal | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Security Scanners Coming to Disney, SeaWorld, and Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hope they keep the set up as it was yesterday. All metal detectors just past the bag check. 10 or 12 of them I think. There was also a no bag line that 2 metal detectors. And I did not beep for a change :)

So on this past trip, we used security coming from the parking garages. Saturday, we got there around 8:30 ish for the morning hour and it was not bad at all. I think they said they have 24 metal detectors.

Sunday, we got there around 9:30 ish and man it was total craziness. I mean it just looks intimidating when it is crowded. The 'mob' was all the way back to where the parking moving sidewalks empty into that large area where both sides meet. This made it kind of difficult coming in from the bus/taxi escalator as you had to head back to find the end of the lines....one of the workers announced that the lines were shorter on the other side...working our way over there, we realized they were longer....I guess my only complaint is that it is a free for all up until you can see the tables, then single file lines start to form as opposed to groups standing next to each other were they are sort of in multiple lines.

I was wishing UNI would set up switch backs so there would be one line on each side that could open up to all the tables ( like the TSA tends to do). I think it ended up taking us 20 minutes to get through which was not that bad considering how crowded it was.

I could see that there are two metal detectors at the end of the walkway from The Hard Rock Hotel. I did not see how the boats are handling things now as on our last trip, they had wands at the walkways as well as at the boats.

I imagine this all might be a bit of a blessing come HHN time as I assume the City Walk security will be enough since they are using the metal detectors now.

I'm not sure if they change/move the detectors or if they are there for good, but on Monday, we went through one that is too close to a drain on the floor which causes it to go off every time someone goes through it...so the poor worker has to check everyone's right lower leg....

I certainly feel bad for first timers first impression on a crowded day/time with the first wait being before you even see City Walk.....

Yeah should be interesting to see what they do for HHN. Only issue is HHN has stricter rules on items not allowed in the park. The question is would they simply not allow those items in during that timeframe regardless of the guests destination or do a secondary check at the park entrance.

Yeah should be interesting to see what they do for HHN. Only issue is HHN has stricter rules on items not allowed in the park. The question is would they simply not allow those items in during that timeframe regardless of the guests destination or do a secondary check at the park entrance.

Great point, I wasn't thinking that HHN has different rules (which I know it does) so was sorta hoping one security stop was enough for the day.

I cannot recall, but is there a way to use the valet security entrance rather than the hub when parking at Universal? Trying to avoid the congested hordes is the goal.

I dont know if im missing anything but doesen't universal have metal detectors? Do people just lie about what it is if its set off??

This is a much much much larger discussion than this thread or even forum can cover.
I've always felt safe with the metal detectors, im gonna leave this at that i don't wanna know anything more :thumbsup: