Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A rabbit being able to outsmart a fox and bear is problematic?

The other stuff isn’t present in the ride. At all. Just like this thing with Seuss.

For Seuss it’s depictions. For Splash it’s way more including the movie, the situations in the ride, and the fact the stories were taken from slaves and then sold without them receiving any of the money.

But I can’t get too into it rn as I’m in line for Muppetvision.

Methinks this thread might get ugly.

I've always thought the depictions of characters in Splash were... questionable, to say the least.

My assumption is that they'll re-release the books with new imagery.. Dr Seuss was sadly a pretty bad person anyway, so this at least makes the estate look good.

Reactions: RevFreako
Heck, his wife said he didn't even like kids....Anyway, I doubt the withdrawal of six of the very many published books (and these are kid's books with just a handful of pages, not like a full fledged novel), will have much of an effect on the theme park situation. It's a very good interesting entertaining land, even for adults, that probably makes a ton on sales of IP related merchandise and food, and it's a star during the lucrative Holiday season. Nothing happening here.

Last edited:
This...is not really true at all. There are some stereotypical caricatures in his work, but sadly that's par for the course of his time. But to say he was a bad guy is a pretty big stretch
Eh... he was a bit complicated. Much like Walt Disney, he got political around WW2 and that lead to quite a bit of racism in his books and in his political cartoons.

Eh... he was a bit complicated. Much like Walt Disney, he got political around WW2 and that lead to quite a bit of racism in his books and in his political cartoons.
I mean, yea. That's what we're talking about here. His representation of Asians has never been great. But his WWII cartoons also bemoaned racism against American Jews and African Americans. To paint him as a "bad guy" is a stretch.

This...is not really true at all. There are some stereotypical caricatures in his work, but sadly that's par for the course of his time. But to say he was a bad guy is a pretty big stretch

Exactly. Was (is) anyone perfect? Using 2021's definition....they may as well replace the human race with genderless robots because we all kinda suck.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Exactly. Was (is) anyone perfect? Using 2021's definition....they may as well replace the human race with genderless robots because we all kinda suck.

no one is suggesting this. Re-examining prior works is not bad and has happened throughout history.

Especially with his story of the Sneetches and it’s pretty obvious real world metaphor.

But is that teaching an important lesson Using abstract ideas or actually using racial stereotypes?

Everyone, please read up and take the time to think before you post. Mods will be watching this thread.

I still feel bad for "The Lonely Green Pants With Noone Inside Them". If they made that into a ride, my 9 year-old self would NEVER ride it out of fear. I had an LP with Suess stories narrated and that one scared me when I was younger. I wouldn't mind seeing a new ride based on "The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins".

It actually is true in many ways - he literally Newt Gingrich'd his wife for example. Much like Charles Schultz and Roald Dahl, the fact that these creators literally signpost childhoods has to stand next to the fact that they're often not very good people and, sometimes, are downright repugnant.

It actually is true in many ways - he literally Newt Gingrich'd his wife for example. Much like Charles Schultz and Roald Dahl, the fact that these creators literally signpost childhoods has to stand next to the fact that they're often not very good people and, sometimes, are downright repugnant.
Yeah, I tried to avoid bringing it up but the wife thing is what I was referring to.

Thankfully we don't completely judge people based on their private lives.....otherwise there would be very little IP content in the parks.
Thankfully we don't completely judge people based on their private lives.....otherwise there would be very little IP content in the parks.
I have no problem judging people by their actions - until we develop psychic powers, the only three things we CAN judge people by are what they say, what they do and who they associate with.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95