Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks for the info, HTF! :cheers:

How about relocating the One Fish Two Fish to where If I Ran the Zoo is?

That was my first thought upon seeing your sketch, as I can't fathom having a Lorax show building in the middle of Seuss Landing :lol:

I'd rather have them move it opposite of If I Ran the Zoo, on the other side of the bridge. I would like to see them re-design that whole side to incorporate the water falls into the ride. Have the first level with the ride load and unload platform. Have the water flow out from the center or the centrifuge (sorta like the new Dumbo spinners), under the vehicles, under the platform and cascade down a new set of waterfalls and into the lagoon (or collection pool).

That would also work, and it would allow them to keep "If I Ran the Zoo" but it would involve a lot more work, too.

PS: Echoing the others... Someone in the staff please correct the thread title :lol: Seuss not Suess :p

My vote is to relocate OFTF to where Green Eggs and Ham is located. Having the spinner on the lagoons edge would provide another layer of kinetics (along with high in the Sky Trolly) when viewed from across the lagoon. And even when GEaH is open, it is just another lame counter service. Maybe an upgraded menu would make me reconsider this line of thinking.

I feel like the last thing any theme park would tear down for a new attraction is a restaurant. Food is their biggest moneymaker. The fact that they even bother to keep Green Eggs and Ham where it is operating seasonally means it has to be making some sort of money during peak season.

Beyond that, Thunder Falls used to be only open seasonally but now is open all year long due to the increased foot traffic from Potter that Burger Digs and Pizza Pred alone could not support. The same thing will inevitably happen (granted on a smaller scale) with the addition of the Lorax, or any new ride to Seuss Landing. More people coming through means more people eating, more people eating means more money...less dining outlets would be counter-productive. At least that's my 2 cents...

I feel like the last thing any theme park would tear down for a new attraction is a restaurant. Food is their biggest moneymaker. The fact that they even bother to keep Green Eggs and Ham where it is operating seasonally means it has to be making some sort of money during peak season.

I think the point is that is now actually does not justify its existence because it doesn't operate enough. They now have a better use for the space. I went over New Years and the place was not even open (even though Potter had a two hour wait to enter the land)

Seuss already offers a massive eatery in Circus Mcgurkus. If anyone is seriously craving a walk-up food kiosk they are more likely to head over to the new Starbucks from that location.

OFTF definitely needs to move though it blocks off that corner too much if there will be serious guest flow to a new E-ticket.

Last edited:
I think the point is that is now actually does not justify its existence because it doesn't operate enough. They now have a better use for the space. I went over New Years and the place was not even open (even though Potter had a two hour wait to enter the land)

Seuss already offers a massive eatery in Circus Mcgurkus. If anyone is seriously craving a walk-up food kiosk they are more likely to head over to the new Starbucks from that location.

OFTF definitely needs to move though it blocks off that corner too much if there will be serious guest flow to a new E-ticket.

I agree with what you're saying...but looking at it from Universal's standpoint, wouldn't they rather remove one of three playgrounds they have at the park that makes no money rather than removing what could *potentially* make money? If the Lorax creates more foot traffic through the area, Circus has the potential to draw in some large crowds, and there are no comparable restaurants in the area (Confisco's and Mytho's being sit-down restaurants and Fire-Eaters being a pretty small venue), meaning they may want to open up Green Eggs as "relief". Although I probably wouldn't stand by this if the same thing hadn't happened to Thunder Falls a few years back.

^ I agree, I dont think they should remove Green Eggs and Ham. I think if they just re-worked the menu and added more unique offerings and advertise them it would make some nice money (I.E. Springfield Model). But I don't think the child geared island should loose its children's playground. Doesn't make much sense to me, even if it doesn't make any cents for them. :shrug: Although the zoo could probably use a refurb.

Hmmm... 20 days. What is the propulsion on that ride? I have never considered it until now.

If I'm not mistaken, from what I've gathered: Rubber drive tires under the chassis' which grip a textured non-slip strip (looks similar to the landing surface of an aircraft carrier) which runs the length of the track (maybe about a foot or less wide). Electric drive motors powered by busbar.

If I'm not mistaken, from what I've gathered: Rubber drive tires under the chassis' which grip a textured non-slip strip (looks similar to the landing surface of an aircraft carrier) which runs the length of the track (maybe about a foot or less wide). Electric drive motors powered by busbar.

This is correct.

Whylightbulb is an industry insider and has been on the money in the past, I too am interested to hear HTFs response.