Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think expanding Seuss into LC would just screw the Islands theme up even more than it is now. You cross a long bridge over water only to find yourself...still on Seuss Island.

The problem is though where would you put a Grinch coaster? The Lorax is taking up the only expansion pad Seuss has. And the thing is, according to the stories I've heard, Universal was choosing between building a Grinch coaster or an Amber Mine coaster at JP + Lorax ride, and obviously the latter won out.

I really do want a Grinch ride, but I don't think it's in the cards anymore.

To be honest, I would say bulldoze NBA City, use 70% of the space for the Lorax dark ride, give the remaining 30% to a WWE Hall of Fame museum, have both buildings share the same backstage area.

Then build the Grinch coaster behind 1F2FRFBF and include the Grinchmas soundstage as a year-round Seuss stage show (only doing Grinchmas during November/December of course) for a nice well-rounded land.

If Comcast truly desires Mt. Crumpet and the Truffala Trees, they'll make room for both at some point :thumbs:

Yeah, there isn't much space you have to work with when it comes to NBA. Here's a look at the area:

LoraxSite_zpsa8a2839f.png

Theoretically you could fit a big ride in Hard Rock, but Universal would never take that out nor should they.

Right after I watched this movie that was the first thing that popped in my head "Universal should do a Lorax water ride" glad I'm not the only one. Hahaha

I don't see why if they ultimately wanted a Mt Crumpit someday to build it in place of one of the old sound stages. Those things aren't used anywhere near as much as they once were. If it were up to me, I'd place an entrance on either side of the Circus McGurkus cafe and build it out back there...

Or crazier yet...build it out on Sneetch Beech overlooking the lagoon and intertwining with the Trolley Train ride! That'd be one awesome visual as you came around the corner towards Seuss Landing!

I think expanding Seuss into LC would just screw the Islands theme up even more than it is now. You cross a long bridge over water only to find yourself...still on Seuss Island.

It's this explanation that puzzles me why this idea was ever brought up? I know Screamscape said last year that this was a rumor, but really? Even a baby would know that's a dumb idea.

I don't see why if they ultimately wanted a Mt Crumpit someday to build it in place of one of the old sound stages. Those things aren't used anywhere near as much as they once were. If it were up to me, I'd place an entrance on either side of the Circus McGurkus cafe and build it out back there...

Or crazier yet...build it out on Sneetch Beech overlooking the lagoon and intertwining with the Trolley Train ride! That'd be one awesome visual as you came around the corner towards Seuss Landing!

I'd say Mt. Crumpet would better fit the Circus McGurkus area location you mentioned. Save Sneetch Beach for a zany family flat ride or a Skipper Tours station with a show scene (Horton Hears a Who!)

I really do think that the Grinchmas soundstage and the surrounding area should just get annexed into Seuss. Build a facade to block out USF of course

I know destroy the sound stages is a fairly constant suggestion because no one ever listens to the fact that they are pretty much always in use. No one ever wants to hear Blue man, Powerball, Commercials, Dave School, Macy's, attraction development, ect. But this is the perfect time of year to ask those of you who don't think we use the sound stages and they should be destroyed: Which HHN houses should go? I mean I pretty much see the same names calling for the destruction of the sound stages that also call for building on the MIB expansion plot. So we'll have two houses, disaster and parade building?

I know destroy the sound stages is a fairly constant suggestion because no one ever listens to the fact that they are pretty much always in use. No one ever wants to hear Blue man, Powerball, Commercials, Dave School, Macy's, attraction development, ect. But this is the perfect time of year to ask those of you who don't think we use the sound stages and they should be destroyed: Which HHN houses should go? I mean I pretty much see the same names calling for the destruction of the sound stages that also call for building on the MIB expansion plot. So we'll have two houses, disaster and parade building?

They use the Grinchmas stage? It could easily get annexed into SL. I understand most of this but quite frankly, I'd rather have more attractions than some haunted houses. Universal could always just do Halloween versions of their most popular rides/shows to make up for the sparse amount of haunts

They use the Grinchmas stage? It could easily get annexed into SL. I understand most of this but quite frankly, I'd rather have more attractions than some haunted houses. Universal could always just do Halloween versions of their most popular rides/shows to make up for the sparse amount of haunts

I think the park can work around expansion for the sake of Halloween Horror Nights. They might have to get a little more creative.

Doesn't Universal have like ten or twelve sound stages? They easily fit two haunted houses in each soundstage, so if they kept three or four just for HHN they'd be fine.
I know the Dave school uses those stages too...but I don't see why they need more than half the current soundstages. It's not like they're filming tv shows movies and commercials all the time like they used to back in the early 90's.

I think the park can work around expansion for the sake of Halloween Horror Nights. They might have to get a little more creative.

I think a balance (using soundstages for attractions but theming certain attractions to Halloween during HHN) is what is needed to figure out how to maximize potential space while still using HHN

I really can't believe no one has thought about the Island Skipper Tours dock area. Fill in the water way towards the LC bridge and you have a decent sized expansion pad for the Grinch. Unless you all think the Island Skipper Tours are coming back?

Since Grinchmas has moved to the sound stages it's actually been in two sound stages. They build it after they tear down HHN, and strike it the first week of January. The rest of the year the sound stage is used.
So you want them to ax their award winning Halloween event (just won another award last night). Also their probably million dollar a night event. The event that locals look forward to all year and fills a usually dead time in the park. And to replace it with more Seuss which....... they are not allowed to have halloween versions of per the licence holder..... just like Simpsons and Potter.

Doesn't Universal have like ten or twelve sound stages? They easily fit two haunted houses in each soundstage, so if they kept three or four just for HHN they'd be fine.
I know the Dave school uses those stages too...but I don't see why they need more than half the current soundstages. It's not like they're filming tv shows movies and commercials all the time like they used to back in the early 90's.

They have 8. One of them is BMG year round, one of them is Dave school year round, one of them is powerball year round and one of them has been taken over by creative, and although they switched which sound stage creative has constantly had a sound stage in use since around 2009. It's been a while but last I heard some cable channel had taken over one of the sound stages down by Dave school as well. Not all of the sound stages can hold two houses, and in years past when they have used one soundstage for two houses there have been some complaints that they are to short.

And while they don't really do TV shows anymore they actually do quite a few commercials on property.

I really can't believe no one has thought about the Island Skipper Tours dock area. Fill in the water way towards the LC bridge and you have a decent sized expansion pad for the Grinch. Unless you all think the Island Skipper Tours are coming back?

Nevermind, thought you were talking about the docks

Last edited:
Fill in the water way towards the LC bridge and you have a decent sized expansion pad for the Grinch.

I doubt they'd go through the trouble of doing that, especially since there seems to be some kind of maintenance bay at the end of that water way.

LCBridge_zps6d6bbeb7.png

Unless you all think the Island Skipper Tours are coming back?

To be fair, that would actually be really nice, especially since the lagoon is so lifeless right now. Remove the bridge between LC and JP and make it clear to guests that the ride is for transportation, and it could be possible to pull off.

My best answer to this is take a look around google maps. Right now it's the MIB plot, Disaster queue and sound stages. The loss of the jaws queue, the building or Rockit! and in general the building of IOA really boxed that park in.

I know the common answer to this would be move some of the back stage support buildings, but a lot of those can't be moved off property (dressing rooms, wardrobe, TM grill/production kitchen, offices for the management that walks around the park) so moving them isn't really going to work.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt they'd go through the trouble of doing that, especially since there seems to be some kind of maintenance bay at the end of that water way.

LCBridge_zps6d6bbeb7.png

That area is where they keep the boats they use to clean the lagoon, as well as for special events (I should specify private events) where they load the pyro for fireworks shows.

There is no other lagoon access (also need lagoon access to check hulk supports for maintenance.