Seuss Landing - General Discussion | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seuss Landing is fine, but cracked paint/poor maintenance is made more obvious due to how bright/texture-less the theming is. But it's in great shape now (outside CitH).

Cat in the Hat is a fine dark ride, but definitely needs to be improved with projection mapping and literal clean up of all the dust. There is 0 need for this thing to return to it's original spinning, never understood the argument to keep the aggressive spinning. (In favor of MIB reducing spinning at the end as well)

One Fish Two Fish, while avoiding the water is a unique idea, significantly reduces the popularity/repeatability for it. The water effects are a little too much.

High in the Sky really needs new trains to get rid of those annoying seats. Restraints are obviously needed, but it's way too restrictive and difficult to climb in/out of.

Now with Circus reopened, Seuss is probably the best land to eat at with 2 decent quick service locations.

All the land needs is an indoor theater that can host a year round show, capable of switching to Grinchmas for the holidays.

Seuss Landing is fine, but cracked paint/poor maintenance is made more obvious due to how bright/texture-less the theming is. But it's in great shape now (outside CitH).

Cat in the Hat is a fine dark ride, but definitely needs to be improved with projection mapping and literal clean up of all the dust. There is 0 need for this thing to return to it's original spinning, never understood the argument to keep the aggressive spinning. (In favor of MIB reducing spinning at the end as well)

One Fish Two Fish, while avoiding the water is a unique idea, significantly reduces the popularity/repeatability for it. The water effects are a little too much.

High in the Sky really needs new trains to get rid of those annoying seats. Restraints are obviously needed, but it's way too restrictive and difficult to climb in/out of.

Now with Circus reopened, Seuss is probably the best land to eat at with 2 decent quick service locations.

All the land needs is an indoor theater that can host a year round show, capable of switching to Grinchmas for the holidays.

I agree. Big difference between "room for improvement" - which they are in the midst of - and "troubled"/"state of disarray"

This popped into my feed today and was curious to your thoughts!

Seems clickbaity IMO.

This guy can ramble A LOT. This video could have been half the size it was if he didn't ramble and repeat stuff.

I mean I agree cat in the hat is super boring without the spin, it needs more spin. There has to be a mid-point between what it was and what it is now. I did think that ride needs a full refurb where they bring some more spinning back.

I didn't know the history of the sky trolley ride, so that was interesting. Explains so much about that ride.

But I don't agree the whole area is bad. They are working on the play area and many of those things don't work, but did work several weeks before and they had stuff blocked off. So I believe they are updating some of the stuff. I do think the area needs some elements fixed, some new paint in some areas, and cat and the hat major refurb, my families first impression of the land was not a bad one at all.

I agree. Big difference between "room for improvement" - which they are in the midst of - and "troubled"/"state of disarray"
In 2021-22 it was not in great condition, thankfully it's now in better shape.

I mean I agree cat in the hat is super boring without the spin, it needs more spin. There has to be a mid-point between what it was and what it is now. I did think that ride needs a full refurb where they bring some more spinning back.
CitH isn't boring due to the lack of spinning, it's mostly due to how bare some of the sets are. It's mostly plain-colored walls with a gobo lighting effect.

In a park filled with thrill rides, CitH provides a nice change of pace.

In 2021-22 it was not in great condition, thankfully it's now in better shape.

CitH isn't boring due to the lack of spinning, it's mostly due to how bare some of the sets are. It's mostly plain-colored walls with a gobo lighting effect.

In a park filled with thrill rides, CitH provides a nice change of pace.
I like a good dark ride, but there is just something about this one that I tend to not want to go on it. Now my kids love it, but there are places that could have a little spinning in it. Maybe that is my issue, I remember when it spinned. This "young kids don't like spinning" argument seems odd when you have tea cups that kids love. I am not looking for back to full spinning, but the ride expects some spinning in some areas as that is how the story was written. So it is just something missing.

I wonder what it would take for them to really overhaul CitH. Like installing some better sets, refurbishing AAs, etc.

Probably nothing lol

Reactions: mccgavin
I wonder what it would take for them to really overhaul CitH. Like installing some better sets, refurbishing AAs, etc.

Probably nothing lol
Are you talking about what would convince/incentivize them to give it a proper refresh or what they can possibly change in the ride itself?

Would take a new movie/show to rejuvenate the IP for the first question. Not saying Universal needs an incentive to solely update a ride, but it's very low in a long list of priorities.

Are you talking about what would convince/incentivize them to give it a proper refresh or what they can possibly change in the ride itself?

Would take a new movie/show to rejuvenate the IP for the first question. Not saying Universal needs an incentive to solely update a ride, but it's very low in a long list of priorities.
Yeah, the first one.

I'm surprised we haven't seen Illumination do a CitH animated movie yet. That could certainly push them to do it!

Cat in the Hat is such a weird one for me. I loved the ride when it first opened and having a bunch of college kids regularly riding it as a must do always seemed silly, but it was a ton of fun and that spin would practically yeet you out your seat.

My son has always loved the ride but it does feel boring now for some reason, not sure if its gags that are gone or don't work anymore, toning down the spin, or just me being an old man now. I still enjoy the ride but wish it could be a lil spinnier.

And yeah could definitely use someone with a pressure washer and a paintbrush in there to clean it all up.

Reactions: Rhian and IzzyB
Except.... have you never read a Dr Deuss book? The ride literally emulates being inside the CITH book. It isn't meant to be a fully excessively themed dark ride like at Disney.

The minimal bare sets & plain colored walls are straight out of the book.

And as for the spinning aspect, it is very noticeably absent because the ride programming is jerky in those scenes.

Except.... have you never read a Dr Deuss book? The ride literally emulates being inside the CITH book. It isn't meant to be a fully excessively themed dark ride like at Disney.

The minimal bare sets & plain colored walls are straight out of the book.

And as for the spinning aspect, it is very noticeably absent because the ride programming is jerky in those scenes.
I understand the concept, but the concept falls a bit flat in execution. It could use "more" things to look at or maybe a new lighting package that lowers the brightness a bit to keep you engaged into what you should be focusing on.

Reactions: grlhowl
I understand the concept, but the concept falls a bit flat in execution. It could use "more" things to look at or maybe a new lighting package that lowers the brightness a bit to keep you engaged into what you should be focusing on.
I think a fairly simple fix to convey the "storybook" aesthetic would be to actually include sentences and phrases on the "page" walls we're looking at.

I don't think Cat in the Hat -- even without spinning -- is boring at all. The sets and coloration are stylized in a way meant to evoke the artwork on the page, which would sometimes have individual figures of emphasis against a more stark background. It works great for me!