Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get its because its closer...but three trailers for this and Zero for Spiderman, Hawk eye and Miss Marvel.

I know it doesn't make a difference I'll see all of these but would like all new films coming out within a few months we have trailer 1...and then move on to all trailer 2...and then 3. instead of one film spoiling all its good parts months before its out "because its next"

I get its because its closer...but three trailers for this and Zero for Spiderman, Hawk eye and Miss Marvel.

I know it doesn't make a difference I'll see all of these but would like all new films coming out within a few months we have trailer 1...and then move on to all trailer 2...and then 3. instead of one film spoiling all its good parts months before its out "because its next"
Shang-Chi is a new IP as far as non-comic readers are concerned. People need to feel like they want/need to see this movie. Disney+ shows are much easier to promote since it comes included with the service so the hype will just naturally build on social media since everyone will watch it whether they advertise it to hell or they put no money into it at all.

Marvel has a tough task in managing all of their projects right now since the back half of the year is extremely full. We'll get a Spider-Man trailer probably for when Shang-Chi hits theaters i'd assume.... but at the same time, they also have to focus on The Eternals and Disney+ shows as you mentioned. It's a lot of Marvel in a short period of time.

Shang-Chi is a new IP as far as non-comic readers are concerned. People need to feel like they want/need to see this movie. Disney+ shows are much easier to promote since it comes included with the service so the hype will just naturally build on social media since everyone will watch it whether they advertise it to hell or they put no money into it at all.

Marvel has a tough task in managing all of their projects right now since the back half of the year is extremely full. We'll get a Spider-Man trailer probably for when Shang-Chi hits theaters i'd assume.... but at the same time, they also have to focus on The Eternals and Disney+ shows as you mentioned. It's a lot of Marvel in a short period of time.
I get it

I as a fan would like just all trailers for films/shows within 4 months and then start trailer two for closer films
I also just love people after two trailers being like "hmmm am i going to see this film or not" like if the first two trailers didn't look good and it gets bad reviews skip it...but the fact somone out there needs 3 trailers to make up their mind to me is just funny

The first reactions from the premiere last night have been incredible, many calling it Marvel’s best origin story and that it’s got some of the best martial arts in recent memory.

A local movie theatre that use to be dead all the time is re-opening. They have a bunch of large theatres, and if it’s not very full (last 2 films I saw there pre Covid I was alone), but this feels like a could film to return to theatres for.

I hope it's as good as people are saying....one guy saying its the best super hero film since logan is crap I hate

Logan is rated R and is an ending to a character's Journey over ten years in the making and Jackman giving his best performance for the character because he was that character after so many years.

But I think I will like the action from most people's review and glad to hear people like martial arts vs the bad CGI fighting we grew up with in super hero films

I hope it's as good as people are saying....one guy saying its the best super hero film since logan is crap I hate

Logan is rated R and is an ending to a character's Journey over ten years in the making and Jackman giving his best performance for the character because he was that character after so many years.

But I think I will like the action from most people's review and glad to hear people like martial arts vs the bad CGI fighting we grew up with in super hero films
Campea wasn’t comparing Shang-Chi to Logan, he was simply saying this is the most he’s enjoyed a comic book movie since Logan. The R-rating of the movie has nothing to do with that statement and it’s completely valid for him to think that.

Campea wasn’t comparing Shang-Chi to Logan, he was simply saying this is the most he’s enjoyed a comic book movie since Logan. The R-rating of the movie has nothing to do with that statement and it’s completely valid for him to think that.
Then don't bring it up

That's my thing, he could have just said its the best origin film since Ironman. Cool that makes sense, also in another video he said it was better than into the Spider Verse so he is REALLY trying to sell this film when mentioning it in the same breathe as logan or into the spider verse.

Got to see it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Parts of it didn't really feel like a Marvel movie though? I liked that about it, but I don't know if it'll bother others. Awkwafina just played herself again, which I'm getting very tired of.
To me she peaked at her own movie "The Farewell" she was amazing but that film was personal so makes sense to be more yourself.....but she was so out of place in Raya. Like The Genie was making "references" but Robin Williams just made that character work

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
Got to see it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Parts of it didn't really feel like a Marvel movie though? I liked that about it, but I don't know if it'll bother others. Awkwafina just played herself again, which I'm getting very tired of.
Yeah, Awkwafina’s schtick is growing tired for me, but I think general audiences still like her.

I really enjoyed it - the fight chereography was jaw droppingly awesome and the characters were all likable. Doesn’t really feel like a Marvel or superhero movie during most of its runtime, but that’s okay! I liked that it felt different.

That said - man…the 3rd act is a mess, visually and tonally. The whole thing kinda goes off the rails and feels like an entirely different movie than the first 90 minutes.

I really enjoyed it - the fight chereography was jaw droppingly awesome and the characters were all likable. Doesn’t really feel like a Marvel or superhero movie during most of its runtime, but that’s okay! I liked that it felt different.

That said - man…the 3rd act is a mess, visually and tonally. The whole thing kinda goes off the rails and feels like an entirely different movie than the first 90 minutes.
I agree

I like the first half of the film ALOT

But then become's magic and it just become a film I enjoy but in NO and I mean NO way is up their with the best Comic Book movies like Dark Knight, Logan, or CA Winter Solider. Those films are made with people with a vision and great messages.

This film is a great first step for Phase 4 but is it the master piece some have been saying it was before the public could see it? No, and hate to say it would have worked better as a Disney Plus show with how many characters are in it. I would like a whole episode just on the Dad and Mom's relationship, I wish the writers/director saw castlevania and could show us better how they fell in love.

I really wanted to go into this film not liking it

but the first half was the best marvel film I had seen. But then the third act went a bit too much into the fantasy genre.

Visually it is marvel's best film but in the big scope of things, there were some things that don't make sense at all after you think about it.

Reactions: WAJAS
With only the third act sliding a bit, Shang-Chi is one of the best Marvel films I've seen in years. Maybe it will even be the best from Marvel this year, but No Way Home is going to be some stiff competition.

I'm excited to explore Marvel's interpretation of ancient Chinese iconography even more in the sequels.

Reactions: Skold
I so want to see this so much, but am very hesitant because of all the COVID stuff.

I went to Fandango just to see times and stuff, and was shocked that our local theatre is showing it. Here in little Athens GA! And, beginning Monday, requiring vax proof!

We will be there!

A fantastic little art house, please consider donating if you have the means.

This makes the FLA anti-vax move so infuriating. I was going to wait to see this in a few months on D+. Now I am spending money on a local restaurant (Ted's Most Best) with outdoor seating and this local theatre.