Shanghai Disneyland | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Shanghai Disneyland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wanting to bring this up, but it seems that Shanghai has a lot of Screen-based attractions..is that just me? Because, to me; I see POTC as that elephant in the room that Screens are being used heavily for that attraction.
Pirates isn't screen based, but they are used in perfect unison with practical sets and AAs and used the way screens should be used: to enhance the experience. Those sets and AAs look amazing. I give it up to Disney, they did it perfect.

God, I hate China.

Reactions: IzzyB and Ryno27
I have two questions about Pirates
1. Is it in 3D?
2. Could this really be the first water/boat ride to majorly use screens at a major theme park? I can't think of a single other case, unless I'm missing something obvious.

Reactions: Ryno27
2. Could this really be the first water/boat ride to majorly use screens at a major theme park? I can't think of a single other case, unless I'm missing something obvious.

Majorly I'd say yes. Vliegende Hollander at Efteling uses a few screen sections as well as practical effects (such as this ride) in its dark ride section. Of course it is technically a roller coaster, but take that for what it's worth.

I have two questions about Pirates
1. Is it in 3D?
regarding #2 my hunch is you ll probably see something similar in 2017 at wdw in terms of a mixture of sets and screens on a water ride

Reactions: rioriz
And now the line will change from "Why cant we have what Tokyo has??" To "Why cant we have what Shanghai has??"

Pirates looks to take over as the premiere Attraction uin the world

Reactions: snayberry
And now the line will change from "Why cant we have what Tokyo has??" To "Why cant we have what Shanghai has??"

Pirates looks to take over as the premiere Attraction uin the world

I'm wondering if OLC will want to update some of their existing rides in Tokyo after seeing these attractions.

I would seriously trade our POTC for their's. We have the room to expand our show building. Ugghh... Shanghai just can't stop screwing us!

I would seriously trade our POTC for their's. We have the room to expand our show building. Ugghh... Shanghai just can't stop screwing us!
It's a brand new park so i'm glad the rides seem to be so well done. It's what i'd expect from a new park. I think both the original (DL version) and Shanghai Pirates are great though, just in different ways.

Now we just sit back and hope the park continues to draw crowds consistently. Then maybe Disney will stop all of their BS cuts.

It's a brand new park so i'm glad the rides seem to be so well done. It's what i'd expect from a new park. I think both the original (DL version) and Shanghai Pirates are great though, just in different ways.

Now we just sit back and hope the park continues to draw crowds consistently. Then maybe Disney will stop all of their BS cuts.
It makes me want to go to China.

My sister and I are planning a Tokyo trip, but this looks very tempting...

I'm wondering if OLC will want to update some of their existing rides in Tokyo after seeing these attractions.

Doubtful, OLC is more about adding new attractions full stop, not upgrading what they have.

It makes me want to go to China.

My sister and I are planning a Tokyo trip, but this looks very tempting...

I think people don't fully understand that entry to China is at the whim of the government, not just if your documentation matches up. You'll need a travel visa AND get approved to visit the parks. Plus: communism.

I wouldn't. The ride is clearly the highlight of the park but it's no replacement for ours.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
POTC will never ever come to the states in the way it was in Shanghai. Shanghai historically used to be a pirate port and where the term Shanghai'ied (the practice of kidnapping people to serve as sailors by coercive techniques such as trickery, intimidation, or violence) came into existence. It has cultural value that wouldn't be appreciated elsewhere. It make sense why Disney would make it perhaps the most expensive and impressive ride there from what we have seen so far.

Secondly, been to China, have fun getting a visa, dealing with air pollution the first day and lastly not having your cell phone or laptop unless you want it to be bugged and all your information given to the Chinese government.

I think people don't fully understand that entry to China is at the whim of the government, not just if your documentation matches up. You'll need a travel visa AND get approved to visit the parks. Plus: communism.
You make it sound like it's planning for a Mission to Mars trying to get over there when it's simply not true.