Shanghai Disneyland | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Shanghai Disneyland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That Jack Sparrow effect is mind-blowing. Everything I've seen of their Pirates is absolutely unbelivable and amazingly there's absolutely no indication of what the boat is doing on the videos (as it's supposed to be that next gen tech that is going into Avatar)... of course it's a Shanghai exclusive.

Nothing stateside will get something that cool.

Woah... I have no idea what's going on in these clips, but it looks INCREDIBLE. While it's too early to judge for sure, would it be sacrilege to say that Shanghai now has the best Pirates?

I'm not sure, because it looks largely like such a radically different take on the attraction that I'm not sure if it counts.

It's definitely Disney's best attraction since Mystic Manor, although there's been almost zero competition for that claim aside from Mine Train

Reactions: captainmoch
I like the expansion, and it's very cute but not on the next level of everything else I've seen from the park thus far.

Which is totally fine! Those kind of rides are very much needed too.

Watching these clips and pics from Shanghai is really intriguing to me. It's crazy to see what a Magic Kingdom looks like in 2016. It's also annoying knowing we don't have the best version of something! :)

I think what's most mind-blowing is POTC:
In the USA we had a ride,
then a movie based on the ride,
then a ride with callouts to the movie....

and now in Shanghai we have a ride based on the movie with callouts to the original ride. Mind blown.

Reactions: snayberry and Ryan
Wanting to bring this up, but it seems that Shanghai has a lot of Screen-based attractions..is that just me? Because, to me; I see POTC as that elephant in the room that Screens are being used heavily for that attraction.

Reactions: Ryno27
Wanting to bring this up, but it seems that Shanghai has a lot of Screen-based attractions..is that just me? Because, to me; I see POTC as that elephant in the room that Screens are being used heavily for that attraction.

That's definitely a noticeable feature about this version, but I feel it's blended well enough with enough real sets and AA's that it isn't really a "screen" attraction, although I haven't seen enough of the ride yet to make a fair call. The ride that seems the most similar to POTC to me is the Ratatouille ride in Paris, with many sets but a few large screens along the way. Besides this the only other screen based ride to me is Soarin', which obviously that's all it is. I guess Tron has a few screens in it, but I don't think that really counts.

That's definitely a noticeable feature about this version, but I feel it's blended well enough with enough real sets and AA's that it isn't really a "screen" attraction, although I haven't seen enough of the ride yet to make a fair call. The ride that seems the most similar to POTC to me is the Ratatouille ride in Paris, with many sets but a few large screens along the way. Besides this the only other screen based ride to me is Soarin', which obviously that's all it is. I guess Tron has a few screens in it, but I don't think that really counts.

I'd count Tron and (technically) PPF for Shanghai.

Plus Stitch Encounter, and some of their other attractions (I count Shows also).

I'd count Tron and (technically) PPF for Shanghai.

Plus Stitch Encounter, and some of their other attractions (I count Shows also).
Tron is a coaster. No screen scenes like Gringotts either. Any screens used on the Tron coaster are used to enhance the experience, they aren't the focal point. Without the screens it would simply be a coaster with no unique theme.

By your logic, we should count The Mummy as a screen attraction too since it uses projections/screens. The way The Mummy uses those devices is in the same way - to enhance the experience. It's what makes it a unique coaster.

There's a difference between a "screen attraction" and an attraction that utilizes screens to enhance the experience. I'd apply this to PPF as well.

Of course rides are going to have screens to enhance the storytelling. It's 2016. But they are not the primary focus of any attraction you mentioned except Soarin' and of course Stitch Encounter.