Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wasn't the impetus for picking this project (versus a dark ride that would take longer to build) supposedly that Universal wants to continue trying to add a new attraction at the existing parks every year, and it would be a direct tie-in with the MINIONS movie coming this summer?

Wasn't the impetus for picking this project (versus a dark ride that would take longer to build) supposedly that Universal wants to continue trying to add a new attraction at the existing parks every year, and it would be a direct tie-in with the MINIONS movie coming this summer?
Yes. Based on permits certain parts of the interior will be gutted. But if they hit the ground running with construction then it is possible they could get it open around June-July.

Reactions: belloq87
I think the construction walls will be Minion themed. Even if it's not directly to promote the new ride, it will be appropriate for the area.

If this is 2023, then Potter has to be 2024.

So 2022......

I'm drawing a blank for anything in 2022 but I don't think the resort needs anything. Hopefully with the end of the pandemic in sight, the parks are going to be incredibly busy regardless.

I hope that a new Preview Center is built for EU but I suspect that would be 2023 at the earliest and with new tribute stores being constantly built, USF will still feel fresh plus VelociCoaster being new to most people, the resort is in good shape. I haven't been to Orlando since 2018, this is the longest gap in visiting since I was 3 and there's a ton of new stuff to experience.

I think these events could make it to the parks:

life finds a day.JPGbanana day.JPG

I think the construction walls will be Minion themed. Even if it's not directly to promote the new ride, it will be appropriate for the area.

I'm drawing a blank for anything in 2022 but I don't think the resort needs anything. Hopefully with the end of the pandemic in sight, the parks are going to be incredibly busy regardless.

I hope that a new Preview Center is built for EU but I suspect that would be 2023 at the earliest and with new tribute stores being constantly built, USF will still feel fresh plus VelociCoaster being new to most people, the resort is in good shape. I haven't been to Orlando since 2018, this is the longest gap in visiting since I was 3 and there's a ton of new stuff to experience.

I think these events could make it to the parks:

View attachment 15745View attachment 15746
I don’t think it needs anything in 2022, they’ve just opened something every year even during a pandemic, so I expect a new parade or something, maybe it’ll include Nintendo too to create more of a draw. I suspect more special events, like you’re suggesting.

Reactions: Scott W.
Yes. Based on permits certain parts of the interior will be gutted. But if they hit the ground running with construction then it is possible they could get it open around June-July.

I'm assuming we'll get a Fallon like gutting of the whole building and they'll then race to get the flex space for HHN ready for installation first. Then they'll finish up and work on the Minion thing after. That's just my guess. We'll see!

So Minions is now 2023, HP is now 2024, and this year is probably new events and the reopening of Poseidon's Fury?

So Minions is now 2023, HP is now 2024, and this year is probably new events and the reopening of Poseidon's Fury?

I think 2022 is the biggest sufferer of COVID as things got pushed back or canceled.

I don't think Poseidon will get any changes, it'll just open as before. I don't think we'll see a new parade or summer concert series. I think a lot of this year's money and attention will be the Mummy refurb. Maybe we get a new nighttime lagoon show (as in new movies or something). We still have the escape rooms coming.

Honestly I’m ok with the replacement opening next year instead of this year. I was really worried about a attraction that would be built in just a few months. Whatever it is I hope it’s great!

If this is 2023, then Potter has to be 2024.

So 2022......

And let's further game this out:

2022: :shrug:
2023: VillainCon
2024: VR Broomstick Simulator
2025: Epic Universe
2026: something for IOA (because it will have to be IOA's turn by then, right?)
2027: maybe something for USF again?

So it's looking like well into the second half of this decade before USF will have a shot at finally getting a new family dark ride.

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe, Super Nintendo World is opening at USF next year.

And let's further game this out:

2022: :shrug:
2023: VillainCon
2024: VR Broomstick Simulator
2025: Epic Universe
2026: something for IOA (because it will have to be IOA's turn by then, right?)
2027: maybe something for USF again?

So it's looking like well into the second half of this decade before USF will have a shot at finally getting a new family dark ride.

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe, Super Nintendo World is opening at USF next year.
Swap your last two.

Could also include the Mummy update for 2022. Obviously remains to be seen how much they tweak it, but it could end up feeling pretty fresh when it opens up

Reactions: GA-MBIT