Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are they really going to wait six years between VelociCoaster and adding something new in IOA, though?

I know we've been spoiled by Universal's pace of additions over the last decade, but that seems like an extended dry spell.

When Kong opened how many people would have thought there would be two new coasters opened in IOA within five years? Things move and change more quickly at UC than WDI, I'm not worried about additions that far out.

Are they really going to wait six years between VelociCoaster and adding something new in IOA, though?

I know we've been spoiled by Universal's pace of additions over the last decade, but that seems like an extended dry spell.
I mean a new park disrupts things. Plus IOA is clearly in good shape. Could it use improvements, sure, but it’s their most well rounded theme park.

I imagine parade/city walk updates this year. More special events, maybe including Nintendo. If we’re lucky we get Minions which then opens 2024 up but I’m kinda doubting that based on this thread atm, so I’ll presume 2023.

2024 Potter VR/MIB refurb

2025 Epic Universe

2026 Kidzone Replacement

2027 LC replacement/JPRA upgrade (hope this happens sooner though)

That timeline doesn’t seem bad considering a brand new theme park is being made for us as well, which is like dozens of new attractions and lands to visit. By 2030 this resort will be unreal.

Plus IOA is clearly in good shape. Could it use improvements, sure, but it’s their most well rounded theme park.

I'm not arguing that Universal shouldn't hold off on IOA for a while (it's the best of the two parks, it's got the best lineup). Obviously I think USF needs more attention, and IOA can certainly "handle" going for an extended period without adding anything. I just questioned whether or not they would really leave the park alone for that long.

Whatever gives USF the best chance of getting a SLOP-type attraction the soonest possible, I'm all in favor of it. So if that means IOA goes on the backburner for a while, do it.

We live in a world where FIEVEL GOES WEST still has an attraction and you think that’s okay?

Hey, I've wanted KidZone replaced with Nintendo since it was announced (back in 2015!), so no, it's not okay that we're still hanging on to a FIEVEL GOES WEST play area! :lol:

Reactions: therock and GA-MBIT
2025: Epic Universe
2026: Fluid
2027: Fluid

and so on.

Trying to guess what Universal is planning that far out probably doesn’t matter these days when they keep changing their plans last minute anyway lol.
It’s fluid but whatever they decide on building has to fit into a food marketing scheme.

2025: Epic Universe
2026: Fluid
2027: Fluid

and so on.

Trying to guess what Universal is planning that far out probably doesn’t matter these days when they keep changing their plans last minute anyway lol.

I think 2024 is still fluid too!

Any shot that Potter and Shrek 4D replacement both open in 2023? I think it’s fair to say one will be a bigger draw than the other.
This is now what I’m thinking, this thread is fun for speculation today!

Minions for Spring break, Potter VR for Summer. They like that June/July release timeframe.

Reactions: GA-MBIT

Animal Kingdom begs to differ.

When Kong opened how many people would have thought there would be two new coasters opened in IOA within five years? Things move and change more quickly at UC than WDI, I'm not worried about additions that far out.
Agreed. Just look at how many rumored trackless ride concepts have been conceived and ditched within the last few years. Lorax, Monsters Movie Theater, Lower Lot Pets, Villain-Con, the rumors behind the original Ministry of Magic dark ride. It almost feels like there's someone up top who really likes the idea of trackless dark rides, but no one has figured out how to implement them.

Last edited:
Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mad Dog
Popped in before work this morning for one last show. It's long overdue for a replacement, but man if it isn't a crowdpleaser. There's a million problems with it and in more recent years it's been my go-to punching bag in Universal's lineup, but it's got a good deal of charm, a pretty crazy history, and a whole lot of nostalgia for people like me who only started going to the parks in the 2000s. After almost 2 decades, it'll be weird to not have Shrek looming over the park entrance. I'll miss the preshow which won't be retained when watching on Netflix, I'll miss the silly medieval garb the TMs wore, and I'll miss the juxtaposition of walking through the Shrek-themed queue before entering a Saw attraction during HHN.

It lived a real long life, and despite everything that's happened in that time, it's clear. Shrek was love, Shrek was life. :rip:

Popped in before work this morning for one last show. It's long overdue for a replacement, but man if it isn't a crowdpleaser. There's a million problems with it and in more recent years it's been my go-to punching bag in Universal's lineup, but it's got a good deal of charm, a pretty crazy history, and a whole lot of nostalgia for people like me who only started going to the parks in the 2000s. After almost 2 decades, it'll be weird to not have Shrek looming over the park entrance. I'll miss the preshow which won't be retained when watching on Netflix, I'll miss the silly medieval garb the TMs wore, and I'll miss the juxtaposition of walking through the Shrek-themed queue before entering a Saw attraction during HHN.

It lived a real long life, and despite everything that's happened in that time, it's clear. Shrek was love, Shrek was life. :rip:

It's all ogre now. :(