Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As of now, I have set aside a slot in my haunt season for FF, mid-to-end of Sept. When reviews inevitably come in as terrible, maybe I'll go to Queen Mary.

Reactions: Jake S
Heads up if you have a pass it looks like you can get a general ticket for Fright Fest for 50 bucks, which isn't too bad.

I genuinely feel for the creative / production teams handed such a challenging task. We'll see what they end up scraping together for opening night, but I hope that lessons are learned from this as we head into 2025.

Edit to add: They've got until Sept. 7. Tickets for opening night go for $99 if you don't have a season pass. If you do have a season pass, the haunted attraction pass is going for $50. View attachment 22804

Knott's Scary Farm inexplicably opens 12 days later (Sept. 19) and charges $60 for admission. I have no idea what Six Flags is thinking here.
The tickets for non-season pass has always been expensive.

It should go this way
Regular $50
Season pass - $25

Reactions: Jerroddragon
As of right now, there is a current discount for BOTH regular admission and pass holders.

Regular - If you buy a ticket at $65, it’s $55 with savings included. If you buy a ticket at $70, it’s $50 with savings included. (Online only)

Pass Holders - Tickets are between $40-$60 and there ain’t any savings included.

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, but I haven't heard confirmation they're doing a hard close this time around (like Knott's). I went to ask guest relations about how my membership (which is one that is no longer sold) would work for FF this year, and they said I could get in to the event for free, but I'd need to pay to visit the mazes.

This heavily implies you'll still need a wristband to enter mazes... which seems odd if you're going to do a hard close. What's the point of a hard close if you still need to purchase a wristband once already inside? Did they give up on that, or would I really have to go in AND get a wristband for a hard ticket event?

I'm going Friday the 13th (Sept). I'd be very disappointed if they're doing a separate gate with good sized ticket prices and all the mazes aren't open intentionally, but it is Six Flags lol (I'm sure the Cedar Fair influence will filter through over time).

While I have no direct intel, based on how construction progressed last year, and comparing it to construction progress this year, I would not be confident in all the mazes being open by then. I seem to recall Saw didn't open until about 2 weeks into Fright Fest last year... and it looked further along than Trick 'r Treat did now.

And I've asked already, but if anyone replied, I missed it: Where is Stranger Things going to be located? And is the park still going to do a hard close for Fright Fest? I felt I heard they were going to, but haven't heard much about that lately.

it’s rumored that stranger things is going in the center ring games warehouse. They used to have mazes in there in the past and a few YouTubers saw construction happening in them which they said looks like it could be stranger things.
I thought it would be a separate ticket event too but maybe since they are so far behind in construction they decided to push that off until next year.

I'm going week two....for the love of god I hope this maze is open by then
You’re setting yourself up to be pissed.
I'm going Friday the 13th (Sept). I'd be very disappointed if they're doing a separate gate with good sized ticket prices and all the mazes aren't open intentionally, but it is Six Flags lol (I'm sure the Cedar Fair influence will filter through over time).
You’re gonna be very disappointed. Wait till the beginning of October.

Reactions: Freak
it’s rumored that stranger things is going in the center ring games warehouse. They used to have mazes in there in the past and a few YouTubers saw construction happening in them which they said looks like it could be stranger things.
I thought it would be a separate ticket event too but maybe since they are so far behind in construction they decided to push that off until next year.

Okay, I was wondering that. The one that was behind the old The Flash/Musik Express, right? When I was in the park a few days ago, I did notice the door was open, but I couldn't see anything inside. And it did look similar to the concept art.

And I do remember that many, many years ago, there were mazes in there. I believe it was a sort of Slaughterhouse theme, though I can't recall the name off hand.

Reactions: Jake S