Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think it's hinting at anything but the last SF Investors Meeting mentioned they no longer have the "Tatsu" ceiling and will invest in large scale attractions again ala Dr. Diabolical for their flagship parks so maybe this is a start.

Reactions: Freak
I don't think it's hinting at anything but the last SF Investors Meeting mentioned they no longer have the "Tatsu" ceiling and will invest in large scale attractions again ala Dr. Diabolical for their flagship parks so maybe this is a start.
I could’ve sworn that comes into place with allowing the respective parks to begin to retain some form of self-control in allowing them to finance and make projects at rates more long term, then having to force a new attraction per year.

Everyone losing their minds:lmao:. I’d rather them fix the Sky Tower first.

IMO it seems like it would be a dumb idea for them to tweet (and them not actually get a GIGA). As it they announce whatever the 2024 addition is (and it turns out not to be a Giga), their social media pages will be even more toxic than it is now.

Saying something like this not only can get your guests worked up into a tizzy, but could have an affect on Six Flags stock Prices. Would also feel like tweeting something this blatant (instead of those hints they did in years past) would have to get some level of corp approval)

Last edited:
IMO it seems like it would be a dumb idea for them to tweet (and them not actually get a GIGA). As it they announce whatever the 2024 addition is (and it turns out not to be a Giga), their social media pages will be even more toxic than it is now.

Saying something like this not only can get your guests worked up into a tizzy, but could have an affect on Six Flags stock Prices. Would also feel like tweeting something this blatant (instead of those hints they did in years past) would have to get some level of corp approval)
It ain’t that deep fam. Lol.

^ The park also must be looking at all the ink Cedar Point and Universal are getting for their new projects and want a piece of the action. The timing is quite suspicious lol

It ain’t that deep fam. Lol.
Eh. When has six flags ever been that blatant? Its always been little hint after little hint before the big reveal.

Hell. I remember way back when before they announced Tastu, they had Mr Six popping his head out from behind a curtain on the SFMM website (on a loop i think).

And everyone was trying to find some coding on the website to see if they could find out what was being announced

^ More interesting is that the tweet wasn't deleted. So it wasn't some over zealous intern being funny, but the park wanted this tweet out there.

Magic Mountain doesn't troll like this, you're right about that. It isn't their style. So they are trying to drum up something, but it certainly isn't landing the way they hoped lol.

Perhaps a second tweet is in order.

Ha! I remembered correctly! (Though the Mr Six animation did not get saved by the Wayback Machine
pI9a9IW.jpg

^ More interesting is that the tweet wasn't deleted. So it wasn't some over zealous intern being funny, but the park wanted this tweet out there.

Magic Mountain doesn't troll like this, you're right about that. It isn't their style. So they are trying to drum up something, but it certainly isn't landing the way they hoped lol.

Perhaps a second tweet is in order.
if this is going to be a GIGA than I think it did its job. And they dont need to followup until they announce it.

like i said. I feel like if this was a joke or something it would have been deleted or phrased differently. Also lets see how the SFMM stock reacts when the market opens tomorrow. As SFMM going back to building these types of rides again will definitely have an impact on their stock

if this is going to be a GIGA than I think it did its job. And they dont need to followup until they announce it.

like i said. I feel like if this was a joke or something it would have been deleted or phrased differently. Also lets see how the SFMM stock reacts when the market opens tomorrow. As SFMM going back to building these types of rides again will definitely have an impact on their stock

And if it's NOT a Giga?

^^ That would certainly be a boss move by Six Flags. Yet I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

35 million dollars on one coaster seems very steep for a company in the kind of shape Six Flags is in

Reactions: chris.g
35 million dollars on one coaster seems very steep for a company in the kind of shape Six Flags is in

With SFFT continuing to make massive investments per year, and past reports of self-automity being restored to various SF parks; I think the ceiling goes as high as the specific park is specifically willing to spend.

Could we see another large coaster from the park down the road? Maybe--but I get the feeling focus is going to be placed towards revitalizing Samurai Summit with enhancements more the bottom line. I'm honestly wanting to ask if Superman has a chance of getting redone to match whatever is coming to the top.

I'd honestly love if they rethemed Superman to go back to the original concept of the shuttle coaster of a fireworks factory. That way you can then have Superman be a Giga coaster for the LA2028.

Last edited:
SFFT isn't making massive investments. Certainly not in the 35 million dollar range. You can bet if SFFM gets anything close to 300ft, they will find the cheapest way possible to do it.

Reactions: chris.g