Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 184 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They had a Batman House at the WB Studios Halloween event

I think Aftermath would be perfect for Batman. It can be the city is overrun with Joker Gas then the inside parts can have the villains lairs

They had a Batman House at the WB Studios Halloween event

I think Aftermath would be perfect for Batman. It can be the city is overrun with Joker Gas then the inside parts can have the villains lairs
I agree! Plus, the entrance is close to DC. I think aftermath, despite being the most impressive maze, needs an update since it's been rocking the same thing except slightly more dilapidated every year. Other things that could work are it in Willoughby's, turning the facade into the nuebolt house maybe? It seems aftermath and Willoughbys are the most likely to go due to their age

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I agree! Plus, the entrance is close to DC. I think aftermath, despite being the most impressive maze, needs an update since it's been rocking the same thing except slightly more dilapidated every year. Other things that could work are it in Willoughby's, turning the facade into the nuebolt house maybe? It seems aftermath and Willoughbys are the most likely to go due to their age
Yeah, Aftermath is like the Tram

I know many get bored but the scale always make's it worth it for me to see but man it being themed to Batman with the inbetween the inside sections being themed to Riddler, Joker and Scarecrow would I think being a HUGE win for them. It would be one of the only things to get me to come back to the park

Yeah, Aftermath is like the Tram

I know many get bored but the scale always make's it worth it for me to see but man it being themed to Batman with the inbetween the inside sections being themed to Riddler, Joker and Scarecrow would I think being a HUGE win for them. It would be one of the only things to get me to come back to the park
Dude, reading my mind, you could even do the Horror Made Here thing and make the rooms really generic so you could switch out performers and characters (ie, riddler for a shift, 2 face for a shift). I also dig an experience with Pyro that isn't a scarezone or show, so Idrc if they change up much else hahaha

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Kind of a dumb move on WB's part. Sure Six Flags has some easy licensing (I'm not sure what the deal is exactly, but they've always been in kahoots), but it'd be easier money for WB to outsource with the licensing. Or maybe that's the part of the problem and the pricetag is too high, and they figure more money will come in from SF overall. Either way, just terrible brand recognition all around. I really hope this year is just a failure so we can all move on and just let HHN do their thing. Even if KSF got back in the IP game, I'd be down for it, but letting SF handle any of these IPs is such a bad move.

Reactions: chris.g and Freak
Kind of a dumb move on WB's part. Sure Six Flags has some easy licensing (I'm not sure what the deal is exactly, but they've always been in kahoots), but it'd be easier money for WB to outsource with the licensing. Or maybe that's the part of the problem and the pricetag is too high, and they figure more money will come in from SF overall. Either way, just terrible brand recognition all around. I really hope this year is just a failure so we can all move on and just let HHN do their thing. Even if KSF got back in the IP game, I'd be down for it, but letting SF handle any of these IPs is such a bad move.
Quarantine had some actually decent sets, even during Knotts crappy ear of haunt (2000’s). I would be genuinely curious to see how they would handle the Conjuring.

Grudge was also great. Beowulf was interesting. Tales from the Crypt hosted mazes had a legit Cryptkeeper puppet or animatronic, not sure how it worked, but it looked straight out of the show. If anything, KSF takes a lot of creative liberties with the property, so it's not something you'd expect scene by scene and would create a pretty memorable experience. Six Flags just cheapens everything and cuts corners. I'd love to see KSF and HHN have the same IP in the same year to see what they both do with it. It'd be a very interesting experiment.

Quarantine had some actually decent sets, even during Knotts crappy ear of haunt (2000’s). I would be genuinely curious to see how they would handle the Conjuring.
Quarantine was so rad and underrated imo. I think the original maze lineups have been really killer, but an IP or too like they had back with Elvira's presence could be a cool way to tie the event to larger horror culture without giving up the originality that makes the event special. Conjuring universe with an original design by Daniel Miller would go so hard people may be hospitalized lol

It makes you wonder, just what the hell did Universal do to fall out of WB's good graces...
My guess would be money and them being more "highlighted" here then at USH

Like a conjuring maze wouldn't do bad at USH but....compared to Chucky, Last of us and Stranger things....just would not get the same huge lines and be the main house at the event.

Actually, I'm hearing SF/WB will be striking more IP deals next year, for both Fright Fest as well as park attractions.
Thinking about this further--this makes a lot of sense. While you are looking at lower quality builds on quality--it allows them to grow and outreach the WB brands and media on a larger scale beyond working with UDX for the sake of Potter. It's in the element of being able to promote and synergize of the brands, that makes sense in the longer run.

Reactions: Rideguy70
The movie's opening weekend and it can't get open. And media day. Just when I think I can't be more shocked, I am lol